GDT: SCSF Game 5: Montreal Canadiens Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 6:00PM PT | Win Please...

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Man all you guys talking about trading players and all I want is to fire this idiot coach and all his loser assistants.

This team collapsed with many of these players in the playoffs before though. They blew a 3-1 series lead to DeBoer when he was coaching the Sharks. And we lost to DeBoer because we couldn’t kill a penalty.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa would probably crush Vegas from what i'm seeing this series, at least Montreal will try suffocating their attack like they did all other series
People thought we would crush the Habs based on what they saw in the previous round. It’s a totally different matchup with Tampa. But I wouldn’t be surprised if you are right.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The Knights are showing way too much respect for the Habs, they have too flip a switch mentally because they are the better team.
I don't know I feel it's the opposite, Vegas disrespects Montreal so much they feel they only need to show up 10 minutes a game, it bites them on the butt so they do the same next game.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Spott should be fired into the sun, but Deboer doesn't get this team to the final 4 twice if he's as terrible a coach as you think he is. His system clearly works until the players stop executing.

The only way I'd want Deboer gone is if he's unwilling to let Spott go.
I definitely want him gone if he won't let Spott go. Even if that happens I'm don't believe he is the right fit for the talent we have on team, in that I don't think his systems cater in full in our players strengths and is shut down far too easily with little adjustments. I never understood why we went with Debeor and watching his systems on our team it is more baffling. Debeor is a good coach, but I don't think he is the right coach to get these team a cup. Players disappearing for an entire series doesn't help either. If a coach with more complimentary systems is available, I'd go for it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Teams have been down 3-2 and came back to win, happens more in recent years and I believe Vegas is the next team to do that , they are very resilient and looked cooked against Colorado and bounced back to win , VGK wins this series in 7 games.

Reactions: hackeyman

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
Since Lehner playing great last game I don't really understand why he didn't get a chance again, what's the logic/story behind this? Why not riding the hot goalie?
I wondered that too. I'm guessing that Debeor was looking ahead to the final with Tampa....
And, he thinks that with the great puck movement, powerplay and the potent offensive punch they have.....
Fleury is the way to go cause his lateral movement is alot better. So, bring him in last night. Beat the Habs in 6. Get his confidence back and ready for Tampa in the final.

Reactions: 21

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Since Lehner playing great last game I don't really understand why he didn't get a chance again, what's the logic/story behind this? Why not riding the hot goalie?
If Vegas lose this series, George McPhee will fire DeBoer for going back to Fleury. Why not stay with Lehner?!!!

Reactions: bbfan419 and 21

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The goalie was not the problem last night. Not even attempting to play anything close to playoff hockey for the first 40 minutes of the game was the problem. Lehner would not solve that. I don't care who is in net for G6. If we don't get a good consistent effort from the forwards from the start of the game they won't win.

Kypdurron

May 22, 2021
Yeah Smith can for sure go. You just can't commit big money long term to a guy who literally only produces every other year. Marchie and Pacioretty would be in that group too. Too streaky and turnover prone. Stone needs to remove his head out of his ass because he's going to be around for the long haul. Stephenson and Karlsson would be safe because they are cost effective centers.
Stone is not acting as a captain at all. He keeps showing signs of frustration, a captain should give the example and stay calm, not breaking your stick once he arrives at the bench. The other players sees the captain like this then everyone starts being frustrated and that's when things go bad real fast. So making Stone the captain might have been a mistake.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Stone is not acting as a captain at all. He keeps showing signs of frustration, a captain should give the example and stay calm, not breaking your stick once he arrives at the bench. The other players sees the captain like this then everyone starts being frustrated and that's when things go bad real fast. So making Stone the captain might have been a mistake.

Stone has always been an emotional guy since he has been here. Doesn’t mean you’re wrong at all. My point is I’m not surprised to see this from him.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Lehner wouldn't have made a lick of difference. Fleury had little chance on those goals. Other point ....Lehner a hot goalie ????? 1 game and he didn't have to make several outstanding saves. Pretty standard stuff.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
This team needs a true #1 center no doubt. Fleury, Smith and Reaves need to be traded to create cap space. Problem is do they get enough in return for those guys to trade for one? Is one even realistically on the market other than Eichel? Due to his medical concerns I have no problem trading the players mentioned for him but probably not the return Buffalo would want for him.

What happened to this team at home? They used to come out flying. Now they don't show up until halfway through the game most nights.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The goalie was not the problem last night. Not even attempting to play anything close to playoff hockey for the first 40 minutes of the game was the problem. Lehner would not solve that. I don't care who is in net for G6. If we don't get a good consistent effort from the forwards from the start of the game they won't win.
They need to force the play like they did in game 3, but with better results and no stupid bone head plays like Fleury did.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Lehner wouldn't have made a lick of difference. Fleury had little chance on those goals. Other point ....Lehner a hot goalie ????? 1 game and he didn't have to make several outstanding saves. Pretty standard stuff.

Fleury wasn't to blame, but I'm not so sure Lehner wouldn't have made a difference. The mental aspect of sports is too often overlooked. Confidence is a huge factor in how teams perform. The Habs only managed to get one against Lehner. So if you put him back in, do they start to second guess themselves? Do they hesitate for a fraction of a second more? Maybe not. But then again maybe they do. Personally, as a fan, I was relieved that Fleury was put back in goal. Maybe the Habs felt the same.

Reactions: AzNightmare

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't know I feel it's the opposite, Vegas disrespects Montreal so much they feel they only need to show up 10 minutes a game, it bites them on the butt so they do the same next game.
Maybe that’s that. What I’m seeing as a outside observer is that they don’t seem to play with confidence.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I definitely want him gone if he won't let Spott go. Even if that happens I'm don't believe he is the right fit for the talent we have on team, in that I don't think his systems cater in full in our players strengths and is shut down far too easily with little adjustments. I never understood why we went with Debeor and watching his systems on our team it is more baffling. Debeor is a good coach, but I don't think he is the right coach to get these team a cup. Players disappearing for an entire series doesn't help either. If a coach with more complimentary systems is available, I'd go for it.

I think DeBoer is too round peg, square hole. This team isn’t great at deflections, biput tries for them so often

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad