Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I dont want any major characters from the movies involved. Its a massive galaxy. Lets keep exploring it and meeting new characters.

That's what was so great about the animated series, especially "Clone Wars" - the constant inventiveness. When Lucas got out of the way, that is. In that interview I watched it sounded like Lucas gave Filoni a real crash course on filmmaking and film history, which is fantastic.

Reactions: Rebels57

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I'm not sure we see Ahsoka again in this series, she will more than likely get her own spin-off and I believe that might already be in the works.

I'm also fairly certain that we're going to see Luke in this series in some capacity. It could just be a matter of Mando and The Child showing up to Luke's school as it starts to burn and "Luke" is off in the background. As I was typing that though it made me think more and the timeline doesn't really match up. That's something like twenty or so years from happening from when The Mandalorian takes place so maybe not.

That's fine. I think giving her her own series works better, tbh. I do know there had been talk about another season of Rebels (sort of) that tracks her and Sabine looking for Ezra. Seeing Thrawn again would also be cool. He's still my favorite character from the extended universe, even if they did erase the original Thrawn storyline. If they meet another Jedi, I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinlan Vos. I'd think it's too soon after the fall of the Empire to have a newly trained Jedi show up.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm not sure we see Ahsoka again in this series, she will more than likely get her own spin-off and I believe that might already be in the works.

I'm also fairly certain that we're going to see Luke in this series in some capacity. It could just be a matter of Mando and The Child showing up to Luke's school as it starts to burn and "Luke" is off in the background. As I was typing that though it made me think more and the timeline doesn't really match up. That's something like twenty or so years from happening from when The Mandalorian takes place so maybe not.
Is yoda still alive? I don’t remember him dying.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I dont want any major characters from the movies involved. Its a massive galaxy. Lets keep exploring it and meeting new characters.
I’ve said this for years. Star Wars if anything, has one of the biggest, emptiest, pool to make movies from. You don’t need Luke or Han, just call it “A Star Wars universe movie” and you would be golden.
Think of a The Godfather, but with Hutts. Think of Oceans Eleven, but on Coruscant(or however you spell that rich planet. Think of Apocalypse Now, but with imperial AT-AT troopers.
I swear to god I should be getting paid for this shit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes. Serious. I’m not a Star Wars guy and I don’t remember nor do I remember how far in the future (if at all) the series is set.

He passed away in RotJ. He was also a force ghost in The Last Jedi and at the end of RotJ.

The Mandalorian takes place five years after Return of the Jedi and twenty five years before The Force Awakens.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
But you have a nerd cave/collection and we have nerd agreed on various other things.

Ok, got it. I don't even think it's horrendous or anything. It's just the very definition of mediocre with the caveat that I have seen nothing after Phantom Menace. I was dragged to a midnight showing of that opening night and that was the end of that discussion for the rest of time.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Aliens. Predator. Terminator.
47415.gif

Ok, got it. I don't even think it's horrendous or anything. It's just the very definition of mediocre with the caveat that I have seen nothing after Phantom Menace. I was dragged to a midnight showing of that opening night and that was the end of that discussion for the rest of time.

I've never been hardcore enough to do midnight showings. When I see it I see it and I avoid spoilers.

Scientology.
Now this is some crazyness.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've never been hardcore enough to do midnight showings. When I see it I see it and I avoid spoilers.

I've seen all but Solo of the recently released films at "midnight." I put midnight in quotes because they now do showings at like 7PM on Thursdays.

Reserved seating makes these things a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad