Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think I've seen like 3 episodes of Clone Wars, but I knew enough about the character / her reputation to be excited for the episode, but that intro was just...wow. I turned to my sons after it (meaning, the intro) and already declared it to be the best episode of the series so far.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If you’re not a Star Wars fan, it won’t be anything special.

But if you are, it’s Star Wars at some of it’s best.
I’m not a Star Wars fan and it’s one of my favorite current airing shows.
If you go into it thinking of it as a space western, it’s the shit.

Reactions: trostol

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That’s fair, I just more meant that it’s not really some earth shattering storyline kind of show. It’s heavily propped up by the Star Wars name, IMO.

It’s a fun watch but I don’t think it’s exactly critically acclaimed.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Poor Firefly. If only it had the Star Wars license :P

Altho space western is pretty old of a concept. Gene Roddenbury pitched Star Trek to NBC as "Wagon Train in space"

Reactions: Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We never actually saw him die, so who knows. (Can't remember if his final fight was before/during/after Order 66.)

I think we are in for an Ezra Bridger sighting at some point.

He got yeeted right before Anakin became Darth Vader and Sheev executed the order.

Probably didn’t die and hobbled over to the Temple.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I would rather Sith Lord Binks train the obviously evil child then have a Mace Windu appearance in the Mandalorian. :laugh:
Samuel L. puts asses in the seats though.

Don’t take this all as I want it to happen. When I made the statement it came with the most eye roll possible situation, but it’s actually possible/plausible in my head.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Maybe they'll go full RoS and have a Windu clone and/or a Windu offspring. The offspring would also be played by Samuel L., obviously.
tenor.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The last few posts are my concern about using big names from the franchise in the series...it takes something away from the story they are telling I feel
Not for nothing but almost every episode has a big name is a cameo role

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Not for nothing but almost every episode has a big name is a cameo role

I think he's talking about characters. Like if they were to bring Luke into this. It's a very fine line to tie into the events using characters that were already created and fairly big, and overshadowing Mando and the Child.

@Captain Dave Poulin
The one thing that bothered me is Ahsoka didn't fight with an underhand grip until the very end. Otherwise, I think it was pretty perfect. Also, I'm excited for the prospect of the return of my second favorite character from animation in Sabine. It's mostly just a hope, but if Ahsoka is still looking for Thrawn, she should be working with Sabine.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think he's talking about characters. Like if they were to bring Luke into this. It's a very fine line to tie into the events using characters that were already created and fairly big, and overshadowing Mando and the Child.

@Captain Dave Poulin
The one thing that bothered me is Ahsoka didn't fight with an underhand grip until the very end. Otherwise, I think it was pretty perfect. Also, I'm excited for the prospect of the return of my second favorite character from animation in Sabine. It's mostly just a hope, but if Ahsoka is still looking for Thrawn, she should be working with Sabine.
I'm not sure we see Ahsoka again in this series, she will more than likely get her own spin-off and I believe that might already be in the works.

I'm also fairly certain that we're going to see Luke in this series in some capacity. It could just be a matter of Mando and The Child showing up to Luke's school as it starts to burn and "Luke" is off in the background. As I was typing that though it made me think more and the timeline doesn't really match up. That's something like twenty or so years from happening from when The Mandalorian takes place so maybe not.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

@Captain Dave Poulin

That would be fantastic - I liked her too, and she obviously has connections to Mandalore, so it could work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad