Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They got Ahsoka exactly, perfectly right. Awesome. The bad thing is that I have to worry about her all over again, so now I am going to be permanently nervous. And they mentioned Thrawn! And they are headed to a Jedi temple! Awesome. Not surprising that Filoni wrote and directed that.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They got Ahsoka exactly, perfectly right. Awesome. The bad thing is that I have to worry about her all over again, so now I am going to be permanently nervous. And they mentioned Thrawn! And they are headed to a Jedi temple! Awesome. Not surprising that Filoni wrote and directed that.

So Baby Yoda's name is Grogu. We find out it had been trained for quite some time at the Jedi Temple before Anakin wiped out the Younglings. I wonder if Ahsoka is still on her search for Ezra/Thrawn from the final episode of Rebels and if an Ahsoka spin-off would be based around that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t care what his name is, he’s baby yoda. Another good episode, loved seeing Michael Beihn as a bad guy. I thought that was Rosario Dawson but I wasn’t sure, but I like her character so far.
Have they ever explained why the Jedi and mandalorian’s had a war in anything?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Have they ever explained why the Jedi and mandalorian’s had a war in anything?

Yes, that war was central to the events of The Old Republic and Revan/ Darth Revan's origin...the things that led to the game KOTOR's plot. That was about 4,000 years before the events of this show btw.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yes, that war was central to the events of The Old Republic and Revan/ Darth Revan's origin...the things that led to the game KOTOR's plot. That was about 4,000 years before the events of this show btw.
So mandalorians are bad guys or were mercs for the sith? I’m not a Star Wars guy so all this backstory Is lost on me.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
So mandalorians are bad guys or were mercs for the sith? I’m not a Star Wars guy so all this backstory Is lost on me.

They were their own army with fleets and everything, like a warrior society. They butted heads with the Jedi since they loved a challenging fight but eventually lost. The jedi uber-general Revan kind of dissolved their structure and they became more mercenary like after that.

The Sith were out of the picture until a bit later.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
They were their own army with fleets and everything, like a warrior society. They butted heads with the Jedi since they loved a challenging fight but eventually lost. The jedi uber-general Revan kind of dissolved their structure and they became more mercenary like after that.

The Sith were out of the picture until a bit later.
Thank you

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but due to Covid, the release of the new Dune film has been pushed back to October of 2021. It was originally scheduled for release this December.

Im bummed about this. I understand it, but it’s a bummer nonetheless. Read the first 3 books in the series recently and they’re excellent. Highly recommend them.

Reactions: BiggE

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
They did the thing right. Completely, 100% right. I am glad. This is the way.

The Mandalorian is top-notch Star Wars content. Filoni and Favreau should be the driving forces for any and all movies and shows in the future. They just “get it.”

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
i will say though it was well written so Mando wasn't overshadowed..which was my fear

I think he was massively overshadowed by Ahsoka's awesomeness :laugh: She is just a higher power and a higher level of awesome. I love her. The fact that a character that only appeared for the first time in the animated show can be this popular is crazy enough, but the fact that she is this popular after starting out her character arc as a very whiny and bratty stereotypical teen (in space) is practically a miracle.

That Beskar spear is pretty f***ing cool. It paves the way for some interesting possibilities - e.g. if Mando comes across a Sith, or if he faces the dark saber, etc.

This show is f***ing awesome. And I probably appreciate it more now than I would have back in the day because we have seen how spectacularly wrong this franchise can go. I watched something on Youtube with Dave Filoni and George Lucas and it was mentioned that Lucas was behind the three-episode arc about banking regulations in "Clone Wars" :laugh: Can you imagine if he was actively involved in moving this forward? There would be no hope whatsoever.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Anyone else see this and their mind goes straight into the gutter?

MlHm0Zg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->