@Chinatown88
Do these give me any nerd cred?
61B7130D-E23C-42EA-9A3F-A46238CAD8B0.jpeg
95F9F085-55BB-4D4F-86F4-DEA69F88B058.jpeg

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I just got to the part where Kaladin is declared broken and gets demoted by Dalinar last night. I feel like it's going to be a crazy emotional rollercoaster from here on out.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Finally finished WoT. Last book was pretty good. Now onto those Sanderson books.
Sanderson's Cosmere stuff is great. There's tons of crossover if you've read the all the books, but they're all perfectly understandable as standalone books/series.

He also hasn't inserted himself as a character in the books, like some kind of asshole. Looking at you, King.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Sanderson's Cosmere stuff is great. There's tons of crossover if you've read the all the books, but they're all perfectly understandable as standalone books/series.

He also hasn't inserted himself as a character in the books, like some kind of asshole. Looking at you, King.

I have the first two stormlight books. I was happy with his work on WoT, so I'm looking forward to these two.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Saw the name on twitters trending. Assholes.
I thought they did a good job with bringing him back.
What good is stormtrooper armor? It does t stop blaster fire, is shattered by the sand people mace things. It is more a uniform than armor?
The storm trooper assault on Fennec was pretty cool, but the mortar team was placed in a terrible spot, same for the heavy blaster. The hell would you call that, a heavy repeating blaster? The heavy should have been placed on whatever high ground they could have found, the mortar should have been placed behind cover, to protect from direct fire. Fennec could have easily took that out but for plot reasons.

I want a kneecap gun now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm highly disappointed - but not the least bit surprised - that they are bringing Bill Burr back. I didn't like him in this, or his character, at all. He's a real cliche. But ultimately it's not a big deal.

I was hoping and expecting the temple to open, but the triggering of the Force there will bring another Jedi into the picture somewhere, which is great. I have been anti-Ming-Na Wen since the beginning of my 15-year "E.R." nightmare, but again, it's not the biggest deal. There are only about a gazillion other Asian actresses they could have used, but whatever. It's fine.

Good episode. The events should trigger the acquisition of a new ship down the road, which will be cool.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad