Recalled/Assigned: Schroeder or Ebbett (UPD: Canucks recall Schroeder from Chicago - Jan 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Well it would only be a waiver wire move to protect everybody...And the back shortly could easily mean having Schroeder in the starting line up on Saturday.

They still have to get around the roster limit which means in order to bring Schroeder back up one of two things would have to happen; either someone would have to get waived and demoted to clear a spot or someone would have to get injured enough to be put on IR which would also open up a roster spot.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
They still have to get around the roster limit which means in order to bring Schroeder back up one of two things would have to happen; either someone would have to get waived and demoted to clear a spot or someone would have to get injured enough to be put on IR which would also open up a roster spot.

Waiving today is more likely to hurt a team than waiving someone after rosters are mostly set.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Honestly if he does this just don't draft players anymore.

At some point you have to reward your prospects for their accomplishment. If you're playing Ebbett who clearly was outplayed just for the sake of waiver wire's etc, then that's just unfair.

Pretty sure Gillis is talking exactly about what you are saying...rewarding Schroeder. Now that reward may have to come a day or two later based on contract and waiver situations. i didn't get the impression from Gillis that be back soon meant sometime this season. It seemed to me it was "don't bother checking out of your hotel Jordan" soon.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Everyone remain calm...

Alain_Vigneault_1259789cl-8.jpg

"Young Players? LOLZ"

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Wasn't there a stipulation that Schroeder has to actually fly to Chicago? Or at least have a plane ticket?

Oh well, I'm expecting to see him on the roster soon, so I'm not terribly worried.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
At this point the more interesting information is whether this is a mere formality or if he's actually headed to Chicago. They sent down a bunch of guys last season (Tanev, Hodgson) that they still had on the team to start the season.

LuongosTirePump

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Shredder will be back soon, Gillis said as much on the radio today. It probably just has more to do with Gilman massaging the cap then preferring Shredder over Ebby.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
At this point the more interesting information is whether this is a mere formality or if he's actually headed to Chicago. They sent down a bunch of guys last season (Tanev, Hodgson) that they still had on the team to start the season.

I don't think there is any way that he's back for opening night, regardless.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
This is simply roster/cap management, not some AV conspiracy to quash young talent. I still don't understand that position given AV's excellent history of developing our young players.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't think there is any way that he's back for opening night, regardless.

Yup, but it's still relevant. Even if it's for the 2nd game. (And the trade option is still a possibility.) I'm sure there's a reason they kept him up this long... otherwise he could've just gone back to play a game in Chicago.

Sounds like this is what they will go with for the first 2 games. Then decide if they want to re-adjust going forward. (AV on 1040)

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Ah screw it. Mike don't even bother drafting. Just stop drafting. What's the point of drafting when non of your prospects are allowed to play.

Frankly Schroeder outplayed Kassian. Kassian should have been the one sent down if we based this on performance but no, since Kassian was traded for Hodgson Mike has to safe face.

At some point performance needs to be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad