Recalled/Assigned: Schroeder or Ebbett (UPD: Canucks recall Schroeder from Chicago - Jan 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
33508806.jpg

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Schroeder overall game was pretty good tonight, a lot better than Ebett in this regard even though he didn't score a goal.

Showed some grit to him with some hits and make some nice plays getting the puck out of the zone. I think AV has to be appreciative with those small plays on the defensive end.

I really hope Schroeder gets his shot this year, I feel he deserves one and will be crucial for his further development. He needs to experience that next step.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Certainly start off with Schroeder and do it well by showing some confidence in the kid. If ~15 games in he looks terrible, then go with Ebbett.

We know what Ebbett can do and what he can't.

Schroeder has acquitted himself well thusfar and can only improve as he gets comfortable with his linemates and the system.

I'm interested to see if he can comandeer the 2nd unit PP.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Certainly start off with Schroeder and do it well by showing some confidence in the kid. If ~15 games in he looks terrible, then go with Ebbett.

We know what Ebbett can do and what he can't.

Schroeder has acquitted himself well thusfar and can only improve as he gets comfortable with his linemates and the system.

I'm interested to see if he can comandeer the 2nd unit PP.

This is the key for me. Most young talented guys can really strut their stuff when they're a man up. Back in college Schroeder used to love running a PP from in the corner near the goal line. Not sure where he's set up these days but I can't wait to see.

Outside99*

Chances are AV will go with Ebbett as being the safer choice. if he goes with Schroeder, #45 will be on a short leash I imagine. The more so that it's a 48 game schedule and half the lineup on some teams have been playing at a high level (we should expect to get owned by the Oil).

One thing I've come to realize about AV, he's practical. He makes things work and doesnt take chances he doesn't have to. that has its pros and cons of course...

StringerBell

Schroeder. He earned a tryout last camp, would be shocked if he doesn't get one this year. If he's bad the first couple games then Ebbett will get a look.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Schroeder, but with Kesler and Booth out, both should be in the lineup to start the season.

Ebbett is fairly underrated around here. He's a nice stop-gap piece to have with all these injuries. He doesn't really hurt the team in any way, is fairly average/solid in most areas, and he's contributed in his limited role the last few years. Last year he was going at a 27 point pace. Unlike the other bubble guys (unless Schroeder's defensive game continues to translate into the NHL), I don't think Ebbett is a guy that you need to shelter too much, either.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I know, so ****ing annoying, i swear they don't even watch the players even play.

I don't have anything against Ebbett, but holy....take it down a couple notches. If the guy was 2nd line material he'd be an NHL regular by now, he's 30 years old. Nobody should be being trumpeted as a great option for the 2nd line, because the only great option we have is injured....everything else is a bandaid on a gushing wound.

CookieCrumbs*

I dont think ebbett would last long without getting hurt. He's tiny. I like him though I just want Schroeder to get a shot.

Like Schroeder is any bigger than Ebbett. In fact, I would put money on it that Ebbett is beefier than Schroeder.

All of that aside, I would still like to see Schroeder in that 2nd line centre spot. It's time we see what he can do up in the NHL. Ebbett is a reliable and can step right in if it doesn't work out.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Like Schroeder is any bigger than Ebbett. In fact, I would put money on it that Ebbett is beefier than Schroeder.

All of that aside, I would still like to see Schroeder in that 2nd line centre spot. It's time we see what he can do up in the NHL. Ebbett is a reliable and can step right in if it doesn't work out.

I doubt that....Schroeder is a strong, little fire hydrant.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Schroeder is definitely a bit beefier but he's also a lot stronger. Ebbett is a weakling.

Jordan even knocked Edler down today on a very solid hit. I don't think Ebbett even tried to throw a single hit.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Schroeder.

Being better defensively than Ebbett should give him that spot.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I'm kind of torn. I want to see what Schroeder can do at the NHL level, but I'm not sure that he's 2C material yet. We've seen what Ebbett can do, he's a stop-gap fill-in but at least he's a known quantity and has more pro experience. They are close to the same size so that won't be the deciding factor.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Man, are Ben Kuzma and Andrew Ebbett related or something? He's been pushing for Ebbett to be the 2nd line center for weeks now. :shakehead

Not to mention Botchford ranting against Schroeder too. This was pre-scrimmage. Maybe he'll have new things to say about Schroeder in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->