Recalled/Assigned: Schroeder or Ebbett (UPD: Canucks recall Schroeder from Chicago - Jan 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringerBell

Am I the only one who likes these new lines? So long as Lapierre is in and Ebbett is out I think they're great. Excited to see Burrows at center -- hope the change of scenery increases his focus and effort out there.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
He's not getting minutes because of his skill. He's playing effective hockey, skating harder than most of the roster and creating chances. In a shortened season, you play whoever's skating well.
Also because you need at least a little grit on that line - unless you want to double-shift Kassian. I would've put Burrows on that line and cut down the shifts on bottom two lines.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Am I the only one who likes these new lines? So long as Lapierre is in and Ebbett is out I think they're great. Excited to see Burrows at center -- hope the change of scenery increases his focus and effort out there.

I don't mind them at all. Basically the team is stacking the top two lines and will probably ride the hell out of them tomorrow given the break between games. Then they put the three best remaining offensive players together and three defensive players together. The third line can play soft minutes and the fourth line can take defensive zone draws.

Pseudonymous*

i like them, i think schroeder needs the speed support of those two linemates and drive/determination weise brings to the line.

then they put all their best players not named sedin on the 2nd line. burrows/higgins/hansen.

yes on the 2nd line!! thats what i said, still no idea why people are calling the ebbett/schroeder line the 2nd line. im even seeing media laying it out like that :/

NOW we actually have a 2nd line

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Seems so... Not saying that they cant work, but they are less than ideal at first glance.

Honestly you can see the thought process with Kassian moving up and Burrows moving down, AV is looking for a big body to create space for Schroeder, Raymond, hence Weise. Then your next 3 strongest players are Higgins-Burrows-Hansen, do you really want to bury one of them on the 4th line?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Surprised that he isn't going back to the Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian line we saw in the scrimmage game, and keeping Burr with the Twins...

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
It's a little funny how everyone wants AV to try rolling three lines with offensive potential, but when he actually tries something to makes this happen everyone gets really upset.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Surprised that he isn't going back to the Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian line we saw in the scrimmage game, and keeping Burr with the Twins...
As I said before, I'd actually put Burrows with Raymond & Schroeder. Three guys that can skate and at least in the case of Burrows, one guy who has some proven ability to put the puck in the net. Sure, it leaves little on the bottom two lines - but we're not exactly playing a deep 4 line team next.

Wouldn't have to give them that sheltered minutes either as both wingers are defensively responsible & Schroeder has shown the willingness to play well without the puck

Last edited:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Dale Weise outscored Jordan Schroeder at the same age his last two seasons in the AHL. Poor guy getting stuck with a plug like Schroeder.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I still like Weise. He might not be the classical finisher but he brings two things: 1) speed, 2) ability to create space. Both are things that mesh well with Schroeder. He doesn't have total hands of stone either, IMO. If anything he has been hampered by playing with Malhotra and Volpatti.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I still like Weise. He might not be the classical finisher but he brings two things: 1) speed, 2) ability to create space. Both are things that mesh well with Schroeder. He doesn't have total hands of stone either, IMO. If anything he has been hampered by playing with Malhotra and Volpatti.

Dale Weise scored 4 goals and 8 points for us last season, and this season he's deemed fit for 2nd line duty? This makes zero sense to me.

I can see it now, the Schroeder line won't produce much offensively and people will blame Schroeder while ignoring the fact that he has a plug on his line. Give him Raymond and Burrows and let's see that line fly.

arsmaster*

You have to be kidding. We call up a talented offensive forward and immediately play him with a plug like Weise? :facepalm:

So much for giving Schroeder a shot.

Weise has looked better than Higgins, Hansen, Burrows etc so far.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Dale Weise scored 4 goals and 8 points for us last season, and this season he's deemed fit for 2nd line duty? This makes zero sense to me.

I can see it now, the Schroeder line won't produce much offensively and people will blame Schroeder while ignoring the fact that he has a plug on his line. Give him Raymond and Burrows and let's see that line fly.

I see you have conveniently ignored pitseleh's response...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Weise has looked better than Higgins, Hansen, Burrows etc so far.

Not offensively. While the players you mentioned haven't looked that great at all, Weise still doesn't show much offensively. Finally we have an offensive 2C who has some talent and we're flanking him with a plug. This won't work, just watch.

Pseudonymous*

THAT LINE IS NOT OUR 2ND LINE! lol

not even supposed to be. its just fans and media trying to make it be. its supposed to be a 3-4th line that isn't completely void of offense

are you new to watching the canucks? since when would any other line be the 2nd line while there is another line with burrows/higgins and hansen on it? (with booth and kesler out, that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad