Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Saw this on facebook. :laugh:

10368399_801871686504139_322147466704573892_n.jpg

Cake or Death

We had Game 1 and 2 WON in that building.

I am 100% confident they can win a game there tomorrow. They have excelled on the road all year long. They realize what is at stake. They will come to play.

I always believe.

:rangers

This is the odd silver lining, that the Rangers only have to play and win one more at home. I really cannot recall a team where you like their odds better because they didn't have home ice advantage.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Stralman absolutely should be taking Richards spot on the point on the PP. At this point they don't need a big shot there (though Stralman is capable of ripping them), they need a steadying force there. Taking Richie off and Putting on Stralman does 2 things, 1 it puts a reliable defensive guy there to prevent the bone headed blue line turnovers this team is accustomed to, and 2 it takes away the reliance on Richie to take every god forsaken shot on the PP. They should be creating from down low anyways, where most of their goals have come during the playoffs.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Stralman absolutely should be taking Richards spot on the point on the PP. At this point they don't need a big shot there (though Stralman is capable of ripping them), they need a steadying force there. Taking Richie off and Putting on Stralman does 2 things, 1 it puts a reliable defensive guy there to prevent the bone headed blue line turnovers this team is accustomed to, and 2 it takes away the reliance on Richie to take every god forsaken shot on the PP. They should be creating from down low anyways, where most of their goals have come during the playoffs.

I don't know when last I saw him do this. Has to be like the shortened season or something. I agree with the rest. Stralman is capable of making standard powerplay plays (pass to McD, dump in along the boards) and is not nearly as prone to making mistakes as Richards.

-----Kreider-----
----Stepan------St.Louis
----McD------Stralman

the idea here should be pretty obvious. Try to get a RH shot through from Stralman and have Kreider screening and going for the rebound/deflection. Stepan for the RH shot up front (now, if he'd only use it). McDonagh and MSL are pretty obvious choices. Gives you creativity plus 2 dangerous shooters.

-----Nash-----
--Brassard---Pouliot-----
-JMoore-----MZA----

JMoore ripping them, perhaps the creativity of Brassard and MZA along with the size of Nash are good enough to buy Pouliot some time to shoot it (I think he's one of our better forwards at that). A thing about Nash that goes overlooked is, he's real good in front of the net. If MZA gets some time as QB perhaps he could do some magic. Also has some hustle on the backcheck if someone ****s up. Replace him with Girardi for situations late in the game if you feel like it.

One way or another, I think we'll see Vigneault changing up the PP a bit here. It's clearly not working the way we're going and he's intelligent enough to realize that.

This is either gonna be a grinded out NY win our a LA blowout win imo.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Marty's mom helped us in game 4. She is with the team now. We are in good hands.....

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I think the Rangers could pull this off. But this will be the hardest game. I'm not sure how hard though. The Kings gave it their all in game 4. So the worst case scenario is we see the same Kings team as we did in game 4. Maybe they play like that the whole game? But teams rarely do that. Hmm.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I think the Rangers could pull this off. But this will be the hardest game. I'm not sure how hard though. The Kings gave it their all in game 4. So the worst case scenario is we see the same Kings team as we did in game 4. Maybe they play like that the whole game? But teams rarely do that. Hmm.

I want the Rangers to pull this off as much as anyone, but this is dangerous logic. If (huge if) the Rangers win game five, there's no guarantee that they win either of the next two games. We're not a dominant home team and LA has won three game sevens on the road this year. Hell, we just won game four by the thinnest of possible margins.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
I vote throwing Boyle in the PP more so. Strong when it comes to keeping the puck in their zone (in non-even strength situations). More so on the PP as we obviously see. At this point I don't think he would be a liability any more than Richards.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Agreed. Rangers are playing on borrowed time with how much they've been playing a completely gassed Richards on the PP.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I think the Kings' tanks are running low on fuel. The Rangers played a defensive 3rd period to protect the lead. That's the only reason the Kings were able to come at us. They look spent to me and are ready to be knocked off their unicorns.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I want the Rangers to pull this off as much as anyone, but this is dangerous logic. If (huge if) the Rangers win game five, there's no guarantee that they win either of the next two games. We're not a dominant home team and LA has won three game sevens on the road this year. Hell, we just won game four by the thinnest of possible margins.

NJ won games 4 & "the hardest" 5 and... it didn't work out so well.

Every game from now on is the hardest game. Each one progressively harder than the last.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The way game 4 unfolded is the best thing that could have happened to these Rangers - it showed that can hold on to a 1 goal lead against the Kings going into the 3rd period. They already had known that they can skate and get a lead against LAK, now they should have added confidence from being able to preserve the lead (and getting the sweep monkey off their backs). Now it's really back to one-game-at-a-time mindset, same as when they played against Pens. LGR!

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
We live and die by Hank.

He will need to be the best he ever has been for the Rangers to force a game 7

BarbaraAlphanse

All we can do is hope. Tonight is the objective, not the series. They have to play every game as if it is their last, win or lose. Leave it all on the ice tonight, no matter what. If they do that, I'll find it hard to believe that they don't live to fight another day. Regardless, I'm proud as hell of this team.

Win tonight. I fully expect LA to give us everything they have. Stave it off. Find a way to win. 1 at a time boys, 1 at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad