Pre-Game Talk: SCF |Game 5 | Rangers @ Kings | Friday 6/13 | 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

Just throwing this out there, but...

How about Miller goes in for Dorsett???

Brings more offense and speed than Carcillo (and obviously Dorsett) and has fresh legs.

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just throwing this out there, but...

How about Miller goes in for Dorsett???

Brings more offense and speed than Carcillo (and obviously Dorsett) and has fresh legs.

thoughts?

Miller in yes, but for Richards.
I don't give a rat's ass about if it shows him up, he's taking a HUGE paycheck, if he can't cut it, consider exhaustion whatever like a medical and just sit down. He is holding back rest of the team.

Doesn't change we still need 2 or so difference makers next year and will have to make risky trades to acquire same promptly, so losing the Cup not 100% his fault, but is more part of problem than solution at this point.

Dorsett -- is Carcillo more on offense? Not clear. If Carcillo, would he provide spark? Or be greater risk for fighting penalty which leads to goal which kills us?
Fair questions, plead your case either way.

What about Lindberg or Fast?
If I thought Haggerty was gonna do a Wonderboy a la 'The Natural', I'd consider giving him a shot:amazed::naughty::D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

KreiMeARiver*

Miller in yes, but for Richards.
I don't give a rat's ass about if it shows him up, he's taking a HUGE paycheck, if he can't cut it, consider exhaustion whatever like a medical and just sit down. He is holding back rest of the team.

Doesn't change we still need 2 or so difference makers next year and will have to make risky trades to acquire same promptly, so losing the Cup not 100% his fault, but is more part of problem than solution at this point.

Dorsett -- is Carcillo more on offense? Not clear. If Carcillo, would he provide spark? Or be greater risk for fighting penalty which leads to goal which kills us?
Fair questions, plead your case either way.

What about Lindberg or Fast?
If I thought Haggerty was gonna do a Wonderboy a la 'The Natural', I'd consider giving him a shot:amazed::naughty::D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

While scratching Richards MAY be decent move, it will never happen, so I don't see a point in suggesting it. ZERO chance this coach benches his "Captain" in the SCF. ZERO

Having said that, the Dorsett spot is the only one up for grabs, realistically. I think Miller adds WAY more offense. In fact a Boyle Moore Miller line sounds good to me. That's a good 4th line....

We need fresh legs right now.

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
Just do whatever it takes to win a game -- last game means nothing now. Take it back to MSG and plant the seed of doubt.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I was thinking Miller for Dorsett last night too and you all know my love for toughness but when there is zero chance for a fight put the best line up in

KreiMeARiver*

I was thinking Miller for Dorsett last night too and you all know my love for toughness but when there is zero chance for a fight put the best line up in

I contend that Miller is WAY tougher than Dorsett.

He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster, he's more skilled, he's fresher. Get him in there!

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
Regardless if they scratch Richards (which will not happen), at least take him off the power play. He's clearly out of gas, so why give him those extra minutes? It's mind boggling.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Dorsett hasn't been BAD, though. And i'm not a fan of Dorse.

If we're scratching players it has to be Richards, but that's not gonna happen.

We're gonna ride or die with the dudes in this lineup. Let's see if they can get it done.

Richards PPG as the GWG tomorrow night? ;)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Makes more sense to me to limit Richards even strength minutes but leave him on the PP. Let Moore and Brass rotate double shift duty on the Hagelin/MSL line.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone else feel like Sharks fans are the only ones rooting for us? Not that it matters particularly.

On a sidenote Stralman in for Richards on the PP PLEASE. Also limit Richards' even strength ice time ice well. It's better for both the team and his performance.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Our PP can't get any worse, I'd be fine giving Richards 4th line minutes and nothing more. Short shifts, minimum responsibility, and low TOI are the way to go at this point; He simply get's gassed way too easily.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Anyone else feel like Sharks fans are the only ones rooting for us? Not that it matters particularly.

On a sidenote Stralman in for Richards on the PP PLEASE. Also limit Richards' even strength ice time ice well. It's better for both the team and his performance.

Sharks fans, Ducks fans, and Canucks fans who liked Alain Vigneault.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Stralman has 0 points in at least his last 71 PP minutes.

He doesn't jump out to me as the answer.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The roster that played last night is basically the roster that got us to the Finals.

wishful thinking that Richards is going to be scratched and at this point, I'd prefer that he NOT get scratched.

There's a better chance that the fading Vet comes through with a few clutch goals/assists/plays than expecting those clutch plays coming from a rook still dripping behind the ears.

And No, Miller is no where near as tough or as physical as DD. He's just not there yet. In fact, that is one area of his game that he needs to improve upon. He needs to engage physically more often than he does, but I understand why he's not there yet. Kreider took a while before he felt comfortable initiating contact, now all he has to do is understand where the line is and not to cross it.

Miller? He's no where near ready for this level of intensity.

KreiMeARiver*

It will lessen the chances of an odd man rush and SHG. Kings have a very aggressive PK

TheDave1022

Nov 4, 2008
Carmel, NY
I am against Miller going in for Doresett only because he is much more a liability on D right now. How bad would Miller - Boyle - Richards be??? I dont think Richards is moving off the 4th line, so that is what you would have.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I agree.

But, I feel safer with Stralman making the safer play at the point than Richards trying something that his minds eye sees, but his skill set can no longer accomplish.

TheDave1022

Nov 4, 2008
Carmel, NY
What about a PP of:

MSL - Kreider - Nash

Stepan - McDonagh

With Stepan taking the faceoffs and playing LD.

That's somewhat okay, but Stepan and McDonagh arent going to be the best for getting pucks to the net from the point. Only reason Richards is back there, and it's become a liability with his play as of late.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dorsett hasn't been BAD, though. And i'm not a fan of Dorse.

If we're scratching players it has to be Richards, but that's not gonna happen.

We're gonna ride or die with the dudes in this lineup. Let's see if they can get it done.

Richards PPG as the GWG tomorrow night? ;)

Richards increases probability of death.

Miller is our only chance there; can play Carcillo v Fast v. Lindberg card.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
That's somewhat okay, but Stepan and McDonagh arent going to be the best for getting pucks to the net from the point. Only reason Richards is back there, and it's become a liability with his play as of late.

Richards doesn't get shots to the net either.

Moore is a good option at the point. But I still like the idea of Nash on the RW, MSL on the left and Kreider in front. Stepan will NEVER shoot from the point though, you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino