Pre-Game Talk: SCF |Game 5 | Rangers @ Kings | Friday 6/13 | 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Its Friday the 13th, We have a full moon (Honey Moon(thanks Neil deGrasse Tyson)) and we need a win.

I like the way things are shaping up.

Zeshy25

Oct 3, 2005
Extremely nervous about tonight. Don't necessarily have a good or bad feeling but,
I think this game will truly test the Rangers mettle. Expect the Kings to come out flying with the cup in the building and them being at home. Rangers will need to weather the early storm and push back and try to get a lead and deflate the crowd.
Win tonight boys and then you have a chance to go home in front of your loyal fans for one more game and try to force a game 7. Not trying to jinx it or get ahead of ourselves but, I feel like a win tonight significantly changes the dynamic of the series. Kings would have lost 2 in a row and headed back to MSG. They would still be in driver's seat but, maybe they start getting some doubt, all the wear and tear of their style over these playoffs starts to catch up to them. Let's go Rangers. Win this one and come back home!

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
The main boards are absolutely a ****show right now... Let's just take this one game at a time, and see where the road leads us

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
I never realized how hated the Rangers are by most hockey fans.

It isn't like we have been successful in the past two decades. At least win this one to shut some of them up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It is in fact a Honey Moon tonight as well, which means it will be the brightest full moon of the year and will sheen a pale yellow hue. :witch:

:ghost2:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I never realized how hated the Rangers are by most hockey fans.

It isn't like we have been successful in the past two decades. At least win this one to shut some of them up.

Part of this is the obsession people have with the West winning, which I find bizarre and borderline creepy; I've never rooted for the East in the SCF.

It's like they're all trying to experience success vicariously through the Hawks/Kings.

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Part of this is the obsession people have with the West winning, which I find bizarre and borderline creepy; I've never rooted for the East in the SCF.

It's like they're all trying to experience success vicariously through the Hawks/Kings.

The western inferiority complex is amazing. Anytime you mention anything related to east hockey there are "east coast bias" and "west is best" posts. It's actually kinda funny

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

That and justify why their marginal team couldn't make the playoffs.

"If team xyz played in the East they would have been in the playoffs over those ****** Eastern teams."

As if it was that simple. :laugh:

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

I'm having a really hard time understanding the rationale. I almost never root for Eastern Conference teams in the finals, so this obsession with the west teams is pretty bizarre.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That and justify why their marginal team couldn't make the playoffs.

"If team xyz played in the East they would have been in the playoffs over those ****** Eastern teams."

As if it was that simple. :laugh:

Yeah, news flash: the road to the Cup is through LA/CHI no matter which conference you're in.

KreiMeARiver*

I'm having a really hard time understanding the rationale. I almost never root for Eastern Conference teams in the finals, so this obsession with the west teams is pretty bizarre.

I think it's just because they are heavy favorites and people actually want a team they root for to win for once. They like the odds of not being let down.

and they're mad the games start when they are still getting berated by their bosses.

East>West

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Avs fan who has come to give his support to you guys ! :yo: I love your team and you guys have been getting an incredible amount of hate and disrespect in this series because of this silly "Western conference is better" ******** !

The Kings underestimate you guys ! I've watched all the games and this is how I see things :

- Game 1 : pretty stinkin' even (the only period where the Rangers seemed off was the 3rd). They played as good as the Kings in overtime as well.

- Game 2 : I thought you guys played an overall better game than the Kings

- Game 3 : I thought you guys played well but luck simply wasn't on your side that night.

- Game 4 : It was probably the Rangers worst game but you guys managed to win.

If you guys can play as well as in Games 1 and 2, I think this could go 7. Nothing would make me happier to see the Rangers make one of the biggest comebacks over a team that is so overhyped.

A lot of LA's fans seem to want to support the team when they're on the verge of a cup, but when things aren't going well, there aren't anymore fans. At least that's how I feel. Even when the Kings won their first cup in 2012, the enthusiasm expressed by the fans (in the last 10 seconds before winning) didn't impress me all that much.

Anyhoo, I love the way the Kings are built as a team, love the coach and all the players. I just find the fans are too sure of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad