Pre-Game Talk: SCF |Game 5 | Rangers @ Kings | Friday 6/13 | 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Time to give Nash some PP minutes again and of course, dish Richards on it. Maybe try McDonagh and Brassard up high and Nash low on the right moving in and out.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Yeah... I'm in agreement with the "Richards isn't being benched" crowd. Also, I would have been fine if Car Bomb had gone in for DD last night. But now, Dorse stays in. That 4th line has chemistry right now. They cycle well, they've been establishing a good forecheck and you can count on their defensive abilities.

I'm not messing with anything right now.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'm rewatching Game 4.

It's like root canal.

So many broken sticks, turn overs, odd man rushes and a hundred little indicators that show the Rangers are just....off their game.

Hank flat out stole this for his team. My Lord he was Amazing.

The Kings looked sharp for most of the game. The Rangers were pressing to keep up. If they keep playing like this in front of him, this series will take ten years off Hanks life.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It's kind of absurd to think but in order for a cup win to happen here we would literally need to perform the greatest comeback in NHL history. Bettman would wet himself.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Yes...it would take close to a miracle but it is possible. Tomorrow's game would be the toughest game to win of the three. If we can pull it off tomorrow, anything can happen.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yes...it would take close to a miracle but it is possible. Tomorrow's game would be the toughest game to win of the three. If we can pull it off tomorrow, anything can happen.

I agree tomorrow is going to be a real tough game to put away.

For me, it's going to come down to the third period. The Kings have dominated the third in every game but game 3 (because they had to protect the lead).

In the regular season the third period was one of the Rangers strongest but in the playoffs it's been one of their weakest. LA seems to get stronger in these games as they go on. The Rangers will need a fantastic third period tomorrow if they want to bring it back to ny.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Kings win - akin to Boston's dominance last yr in game 5. :(

Don't think I can stomach them raising the cup.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Just to boost morale a bit, teams have come back to at least tie when down 3-0 four times in the last five years.

2010 (Philly beats Boston 4-3)
2011 (Chicago loses to Vancouver 4-3)
2011 (Detroit loses to San Jose 4-3)
2014 (LA beats San Jose 4-3)

And none of those teams had Henrik Lundqvist in net!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If we see the Cup tomorrow, I think they'll be a little bit of shock to us Rangers fans.

I think it will sink in pretty fast that holy ****, they really were playing for this thing and they got so close. Especially with how the first 2 games went. It's gonna sting.

No matter what team wins it, I always need to watch because I think it's the greatest trophy and the greatest moment in sports. It also brings back some very special memories for me when I was able to win a big championship in college.

I think a part of all of us, however big or small a part, conceded this series after game 3. But actually seeing that thing on the ice is going to put a whole new level of hurt on the diehard Ranger fan. I really don't want to see that Cup.

Bring it back home one more time.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Anyone else feel like Sharks fans are the only ones rooting for us? Not that it matters particularly.

On a sidenote Stralman in for Richards on the PP PLEASE. Also limit Richards' even strength ice time ice well. It's better for both the team and his performance.

Many Ducks fans are too.

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
we enter "anything can happen" territory by forcing a game 6 at MSG -- friday will be TOUGH but this is the game that changes momentum if we can somehow pull this off.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It will only be tough if LA continues to get circus bounces and illegal goals. NYR deserved both games in LA already and barring any stupidity again they will go all out and win game 5 damnit!

arunnair87

Aug 12, 2009
It will only be tough if LA continues to get circus bounces and illegal goals. NYR deserved both games in LA already and barring any stupidity again they will go all out and win game 5 damnit!

Give Nash some pp time and it'll happen. I don't see the point of giving him 0 minutes. I thought his play in game 3 at least warranted some pp time for game 4. He got 7 seconds. That's not enough.

There's no need to act like Torts did. I hope Vigneault makes the adjustment.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Give Nash some pp time and it'll happen. I don't see the point of giving him 0 minutes. I thought his play in game 3 at least warranted some pp time for game 4. He got 7 seconds. That's not enough.

There's no need to act like Torts did. I hope Vigneault makes the adjustment.

What do you mean?

According to many posters, Nash has played terribly.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
I swear if I see another blunder by Girardi, I'm gonna lose it. Almost every frickin game, he does something foolish that makes me want to pull my hair out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad