Pre-Game Talk: SCF |Game 5 | Rangers @ Kings | Friday 6/13 | 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
I think the Kings will come out hard after coming out on the wrong side of luck last game. They'll want to win at home and not give us life. Have to match, or more realistically, beat their intensity to have a shot.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Stralman has 0 points in at least his last 71 PP minutes.

He doesn't jump out to me as the answer.

Richards doesn't jump out as the answer either. Stralman isn't afraid to shoot and at the very least is not a tremendous defensive liabilitiy against a very aggressive Kings PK.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
If AV wants to leave Richards on the PP unit, I would like him to play down low, not at the point, and not as the QB. Let Zuuc or McD carry the mail up ice. Let Richards play down low and set up plays when the puck comes his way. His slow skating won't hurt us down low. Zuccini should be our QB. He has great eyes, and hands.

Last edited:

KreiMeARiver*

Richards doesn't jump out as the answer either. Stralman isn't afraid to shoot and at the very least is not a tremendous defensive liabilitiy against a very aggressive Kings PK.

is there an echo in here? ;)

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
im thinking john moore ran over your cat or something.

you would have stepan back there over john moore ?

did you watch game 4 even a little?

LOL, no I like Moore back there. He gets the puck hard to the net. Yes, I watched game 4 "even a little."

I suggested Stepan because unfortunately those 4 players deserve to be on the PP (Stepan, Nash, Kreider, MSL) and they all can't be out there together unless it is this kind of lineup, or AV stops using the Brass line, which would be stupid. Also, someone needs to take the faceoff, and MSL Nash and Kreider are all wingers.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
im thinking john moore ran over your cat or something.

you would have stepan back there over john moore ?

did you watch game 4 even a little?

I have to agree with this but.....

LOL, no I like Moore back there. He gets the puck hard to the net. Yes, I watched game 4 "even a little."

I suggested Stepan because unfortunately those 4 players deserve to be on the PP (Stepan, Nash, Kreider, MSL) and they all can't be out there together unless it is this kind of lineup, or AV stops using the Brass line, which would be stupid. Also, someone needs to take the faceoff, and MSL Nash and Kreider are all wingers.

This is also a really good point. Part of the problem with taking Richards off the point is Stepan is the only center.

I'm REALLY leaning towards Brassard QB'ing the PP with McDonagh. He's got a wicked shot and great instincts. And he's a good enough skater to not be a liability.

First unit of Stepan-Kreider-MSL
Brassard-McD

Second unit of Zucc-Pouliot-Nash
Brassard-Moore

Keep Brassard out for the whole PP. I think those PP lineups have good balance.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
I think the Kings will come out hard after coming out on the wrong side of luck last game. They'll want to win at home and not give us life. Have to match, or more realistically, beat their intensity to have a shot.

I know the Kings always come back but we need to score first and really bring in in the 1st. have them thinking 'well we do have 2 more chances after this'

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I'd put Carcillo on for Dorsett. Let him wreak some havoc in LA, get in Quick's face, stir things up. Ruin their party.

Dorsett get s little extra rest and goes back in fresh for Monday.

It could work. The one thing LA has not had to deal with is somene agitating them.

Change it up for one game and get them off kilter.

It's too late for Miller at this point. Kings will eat him alive. He has not been seasoned for playoff games like this.

Richards is painful to watch at times but he is part of what has got us here. I'd stick with him at this point.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The SCF is not the time to try new forwards at the point. I'm not putting Brassard in that spot.

you have to change it when it's not working though... the power play is COSTING us goals against... There's a 80% chance nothing changes if you leave the same personnel on. I'd say there's a 50% chance nothing changes if you give other personnel a shot...

pulling numbers out of my butt of course, but you get my point.

xChrisTilDeathx

May 25, 2014
Florida
No way AV is going to pull Dorset, who who does so much, works hard, and has earned his right to play his minuets. If you have to put carbomb in (we dont) you have to put him in for someone not pulling there weight on both sides of the puck. Richards is the only player that comes to mind, but hes wearing the A and its not going to happen.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Do we even know if millers healed from the injury we never found out about? It could be a broken collar bone for all we know unless i missed a leak about how/if he was injured.

If i was putting in anyone (which i don't think we need, It'd be carcillo)

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
Hey, the Rangers won Game 5 against the Pens on my birthday... let it be another rallying point :sarcasm:

:handclap: Plus Friday the 13th--what's a better day for a comeback?

Also, I'm not concerned about how hyped the Kings will be. We've proven we can match them and finally gotten the monkey off our backs last game. If we play our best anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad