Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - 5/29 - 8:19 PM - Blues (0) @ BRUINS (1) - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Which team wins Game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports529.png

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I was actually surprised by what a large margin the Bruins dominated the Blues. The fact that their shots were SO limited should stand out. Let's not count our chickens before the eggs are hatched, but trust this team.
Nothing wrong having an accurate inventory of your assets and projections, this way you can prepare and plan accordingly.

We.got.this.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Speaking of Krug, he needs to keep his head on a swivel tonight

You just gotta expect the Blues are coming out hammering everyone tonight if they can help it....and someone is especially gonna try to line Krug up. That could just be me, and I hope i'm wrong, but i'd be prepared for it

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The Blues are a good team but their not as good as Boston. The bruins were off in game one, but still dominated the last 38 minutes and came away with a convincing win.

The Bruins are the better team period! The blues struggle defensively in their own end lead by Edmundson and the Bruin forwards are much more quicker an agile than the Blues defenders as a core.

Their faster, more skilled play a better defensive game and have the better goalie. Johansson and Debrusk were flying by the blues defense. The bruins were sloppy and were off with their passing and communication in game one, once the rust comes off they'll be even better, I don't see this series going past 6 games, more likely Bruins wrap it up in 5.
Totally agree, it won't pass 5 at most. We are that much better period.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Of course, this means the main boards will use this as proof that the Bruins have the refs in their pockets. Hell, one of them is even FROM Boston. Never mind the fact that he's easily the most anti-Bruins ref in the league....
In every series win, we beat the opponent and the the bad calls.

Reactions: TCB

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Getting tired of Canadian reporters not giving any credit to the Bruins. They were sure the Leafs would beat the Bruins and when it didn't happen the country deflated. Then they move onto Columbus. Well they had no chance against Columbus because they dismantled Tampa. Well the Bruins handled Columbus with little credit. Then we are playing the Cinderella team "The Bunch Of Jerks". Well the Bruins can't beat Mr. Game 7? Still after they won the first two games, all they talked about was the Washington series and how Carolina came back from 2-0. Well it didn't happen. Now, all we hear is that Boston has had too many Championships. Plus the refs gave the game to the Bruins. Better watch out for game two as the Blues and Mr. Binnington will show the Bruins . Wow..... very little credit given to the Bruins.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I bought this at the beginning of the playoffs, it was something like 20$ at the time iirc. I can watch every playoff game live and I can also watch full games later from the archive. It's a great deal. But depending on where you live you, it might not work so well for you. It says blackouts apply (not sure if only to live games or also the archive). I live in the Netherlands and there are no blackouts for me, but you should check whether that's the case for you before buying it.

I had it for several years by now. Blackouts apply to live games only and ALL of the SC Finals will be blacked out in the US because NBC owns the rights. Haven't tried it with VPN, may even work.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Speaking of Krug, he needs to keep his head on a swivel tonight

You just gotta expect the Blues are coming out hammering everyone tonight if they can help it....and someone is especially gonna try to line Krug up. That could just be me, and I hope i'm wrong, but i'd be prepared for it
especially if he really rocked Thomas and he's out tonight. He didn't play much after that hit,if at all.

Reactions: BMC

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Back in the day the habs had a couple of Quebec born referees (Denis Morel, Ron Fournier) who I swear must've been on the Canadiens payroll

Most of the time the Bruins played the habs with either of these two refs officiating, it was a loss (especially in the old Montreal Forum) as they did their damn best to help their favorite team win.

Rooney on the other hand, (for whatever reason) does not do the Bruins any favors
They weren't on the Habs payroll... but they had other privileges. And where well received by the local businesses.

Ron Fournier after retiring has a radio show in French " Sports Fans" in the evening. You can't have a more homer than that.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Back in the day the habs had a couple of Quebec born referees (Denis Morel, Ron Fournier) who I swear must've been on the Canadiens payroll

Most of the time the Bruins played the habs with either of these two refs officiating, it was a loss (especially in the old Montreal Forum) as they did their damn best to help their favorite team win.

Rooney on the other hand, (for whatever reason) does not do the Bruins any favors

Denis Morel and Ron fournier...yes indeed. Fournier has a radio sports show now(as Spooner mentioned). I think the scabs had quite a few on their payroll .. They may have had the some bruins mgmt guys on their payroll too...how else can we explain the Dryden trade
In all seriousness , i dont think they had anyone on their payroll , its more as Spooner explained . They did have a very strong influence on the league

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyorr04

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
The Bruins will be ready if the Blues try to manhandle them. These kids have learned well from the core. This team is so focussed, they can handle adversity. And I don’t work tomorrow, no need to get up at 6 am :)

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
especially if he really rocked Thomas and he's out tonight. He didn't play much after that hit,if at all.
Berube claimed that Thomas is OK and will play.

First time I'm gonna complain about the 8:00 PM start - I pulled my shoulder over the weekend and couldn't sleep at all last night. Need caffeine.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Berube claimed that Thomas is OK and will play.

First time I'm gonna complain about the 8:00 PM start - I pulled my shoulder over the weekend and couldn't sleep at all last night. Need caffeine.
That's good, props to the kid if he does.

Shoulder stuff is the worst, I'm sorry, hope it feels better soon.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Longest. Workday. Ever.

I cant focus. So excited for this.

Take this one and the pressure is all on the Blues heading back to St. Louis!

LFG B's!

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Getting tired of Canadian reporters not giving any credit to the Bruins. They were sure the Leafs would beat the Bruins and when it didn't happen the country deflated. Then they move onto Columbus. Well they had no chance against Columbus because they dismantled Tampa. Well the Bruins handled Columbus with little credit. Then we are playing the Cinderella team "The Bunch Of Jerks". Well the Bruins can't beat Mr. Game 7? Still after they won the first two games, all they talked about was the Washington series and how Carolina came back from 2-0. Well it didn't happen. Now, all we hear is that Boston has had too many Championships. Plus the refs gave the game to the Bruins. Better watch out for game two as the Blues and Mr. Binnington will show the Bruins . Wow..... very little credit given to the Bruins.

Well they’ll be forced to give credit if they win 3 more games!

Reactions: Strafer

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Despite near total domination in Gm 1 after the first period, I remain cautiously optimistic here...the product of late 70's B's-Habs series, 1986 Sox, 2003 Sox I guess.

Looking for a great game by Krejci tonight. I've really been impressed by his all around game, particularly when the B's were under siege at times, his puck control was key.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad