Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - 5/29 - 8:19 PM - Blues (0) @ BRUINS (1) - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Which team wins Game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
"The Blues will be better in game two?" Welp, they couldn't be much worse!

Hey let's not get too cocky here. The Blues are the Western Conference champions not chopped liver. After losing the first game they will come out on fire tonight and the Bruins had better be on fire as well otherwise we will not like the outcome.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I will be taping this on betamax, but fear not fans, I have an incredible 7-1 record when being forced to PVR playoff tilts so there`s that.

Expecting a much more physically engaged Blues team tonight as they looked disinterested in game 1 outside of a few hits here and there. B`s just need to do what they did vs the Jackets and move that puck quickly making it difficult and frustrating for the Blues to use their physical game as much as they typically like to.

This one ends with the same score as game 2, with the same team winning
I felt that once ST Louis started doing the dumb stuff they were too lazy or outgunned to be able to mount a
credible answer the Bruins onslaught. Tonight should be a "statement" game IMO. Tonight's game is pivotal.

Reactions: TCB

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Lotta folks in this thread seem to think the Bruins are gonna win this one easily.

I aint one of them.

From what I saw against the Sharks, I think the Blues are much better than they showed Monday night, and if they play a more structured game, and use their physicality as they can, they can inflict some hurt on the Bruins to the point where it could make a difference if the series goes the distance.

I saw them injure 3 Sharks in one game.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Am I the only one that doesn't want to get any work or get anything done today....Lol
It seems like every cup game so far.....:nod:

I'm stuck packing for a major office/lab move today. Not motivated at all, so most of the crap is going in the trash bin. Too lazy to sort it out.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Hey let's not get too cocky here. The Blues are the Western Conference champions not chopped liver. After losing the first game they will come out on fire tonight and the Bruins had better be on fire as well otherwise we will not like the outcome.

Real talk BMC! Couldn't agree more. Humility matters as we have yet to win a thing....yet.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Every Bruins players will be waiting for them with a fireman's hose each to extinguish that fire. Then get fired up.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not at all. I'm saying that we haven't seen anything yet (out of the Blues) and that the only way to go (for them) is up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
and if I recall correctly, got smothered by the Sharks in game 1 and rebounded well. I`m not one who typically thinks momentum carries from game to another game, typically I think it can change in the course of a game but once it` s over, it`s over and teams tend to put the prior game in the rear view mirror

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lotta folks in this thread seem to think the Bruins are gonna win this one easily.

I aint one of them.

From what I saw against the Sharks, I think the Blues are much better than they showed Monday night, and if they play a more structured game, and use their physicality as they can, they can inflict some hurt on the Bruins to the point where it could make a difference if the series goes the distance.

I saw them injure 3 Sharks in one game.

To be fair, the Sharks were pretty banged up already so of course the Blues would target those players - Karlsson and Pavelski were definitely injured already. I think the extra rest did wonders for the Bruins that are nursing injuries. I do agree they can't take the Blues lightly, while I think we can win this game, the Blues look to be as resilient as our Bruins. I think it will be a long, tough fought series. The Blues will be a different team tonight, they didn't get to this point by playing like they did in Game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad