Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - 5/29 - 8:19 PM - Blues (0) @ BRUINS (1) - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Which team wins Game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GAME 2 OFFICIALS

GD19.jpg
CR05.jpg

Gord Dwyer - Sackville, NS
Chris Rooney - Boston, MA

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
We hear a lot about STL being better after knocking some rust off...but there’s definitely some rust the Bruins should have knocked off..

For sure the Blues 2nd goal was because of rust. The Blues offense almost solely relied on Bruins helping them out.

So, if the Blues get a boost, it’s hard not to think much or all of that should be countered.

I couldn’t be happier after Game 1. The Bruins won, most important thing...but it’s hard not to get just as excited that STL looked tame. Maybe suddenly they grow some teeth...but I didn’t see anything that scared me. And that is awesome. What more could you ask for?

My only tinge of fear is the Bruins start thinking too much.

Like the fans with that gawd awful We Want The Cup chant. STFU.

Business.

But I trust the Champ vets to lead the way.

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK
Why does the game preview summary (or whatever) show all playoff stats except for the goalies - which are their regular season numbers?

Just curious...

Reactions: Strafer

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Of course, this means the main boards will use this as proof that the Bruins have the refs in their pockets. Hell, one of them is even FROM Boston. Never mind the fact that he's easily the most anti-Bruins ref in the league....

Back in the day the habs had a couple of Quebec born referees (Denis Morel, Ron Fournier) who I swear must've been on the Canadiens payroll

Most of the time the Bruins played the habs with either of these two refs officiating, it was a loss (especially in the old Montreal Forum) as they did their damn best to help their favorite team win.

Rooney on the other hand, (for whatever reason) does not do the Bruins any favors

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Hey all, I have a problem: I have to work most of the rest of the cup finals. I don't have DVR or anything like that, and I'm going to be ultra bummed if I have to settle for highlight reels.

I noticed that the NHL has something called NHL.TV and from what I understand, you can watch archived games. They charge $10 for the season, which strikes me as crazy low. Does anyone have experience with this service? I'm happy to pay the $10 to be able to watch the game the next day using their service, but does it actually work this way? I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a ripoff that takes your money then tells you "psyche, no finals games for you!"
I bought this at the beginning of the playoffs, it was something like 20$ at the time iirc. I can watch every playoff game live and I can also watch full games later from the archive. It's a great deal. But depending on where you live you, it might not work so well for you. It says blackouts apply (not sure if only to live games or also the archive). I live in the Netherlands and there are no blackouts for me, but you should check whether that's the case for you before buying it.

aguineapig

A dream I had in a diner in Charlestown.
WAITRESS: HI HON ! YOU WERE IN A COUPLE A NIGHTS AGO?
ME: WHY YES! I WAS !
WAITRESS: NEVER FORGET A FACE OR AN ORDER. YOU HAD THE ST. LOUIS BLUE PLATE SPECIAL SMOTHERED WITH TEAM DEFENSE AND THE SIDES WERE TEAM SPEED AND RELENTLESS FORECHECKING, WANT TO GO WITH THAT AGAIN?
ME: WHY YES M'AM, YES I DO!
WAITRESS: AND YOU WANT A WHOLE PITCHER OF ICE WATER AGAIN?
ME: YES M'AM SO AS TO RUN THRU MY VEINS, DOC SAYS I GET A LITTLE TOO EXCITED AT TIMES.
WAITRESS: AT PUCK DROP ISN'T IT HON, I GET AT LOT OF YOU IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad