Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Lol apparently Heiskanen plays for Finland

2E493DA9-D7EA-4002-B6B9-1EB1712B5AF7.png

Reactions: Kipper 17 and Satan

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Those family and community support videos were pretty neat they collected for the guys during what seemed to be team meetings.

No one's, "We're not going home!" is better than Anton "the Effing Russian Machine" Khudobin's.

Man I for the first time really think it's possible. They are capable of 4 more wins. It's far from a certainty, but they are good enough to do it.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Make ‘em go 6 OTs and start the series tomorrow afternoon

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
They've finished series quickly at time, but boy do they go to OT.

To be fair this is their 3rd multi-OT game.

Only their 5th to go to OT. Stars have been in 4 (and both are undefeated).

Tampa closed out both previous series in OT, actually.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Tampa had way more of the play for most of OT and the game but couldn't put it in. The first major scoring chance the Isles get in OT with that rush and they score. Kinda felt like that would happen at the end . Isles seemed like they had more gas there shortly before the game winner.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Since the rumor is out there there could be B2B's in the SCF .... I'm worried if this does go 7 it guarantees it.

Maybe 6 games and a Saturday start wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm wondering if Point was actually unfit to play or if Cooper tried to rest him because Tampa was up 3:1 in the series and there will not be any rest before the finals start for whoever wins that series.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
If the series going longer means greater odds of a b2b a long east series benefits Dallas that much more

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Sorry for being overconfident, but why are people acting like Tampa is head and shoulders above Vegas or Colorado? They’ve beat Columbus, Boston without Tuukka, and probably the Islanders in a bit. None of those are in the weight class of Colorado or Vegas. This is doable.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't agree a B2B benefits Dallas. I get the idea is they're more rested, but we didn't actually handle the situation well last time. Bowness has made it clear since that point the decision was based on not wanting to play Khudobin in a B2B. It indicated the ONLY choice he had was trusting Bishop or a rookie ... as if Khudobin wasn't an option.

In the Finals ... I think you have to play Khudobin in a B2B, but I think you also have to go with Oettinger over Bishop at this point if you're still not comfortable. That's an insane first career start, but Bishop claimed he was healthy and ready ... he wasn't. You can't trust him this time and potentially give up a win.

I'm not nervous about Bones a ton right now, but I'm nervous about what he and Reese do in a B2B situation. They can't play it as poorly as they did against Colorado hopefully. I guess that's the upside.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sorry for being overconfident, but why are people acting like Tampa is head and shoulders above Vegas or Colorado? They’ve beat Columbus, Boston without Tuukka, and probably the Islanders in a bit. None of those are in the weight class of Colorado or Vegas. This is doable.
because that roster.
One of the top 5 goalies in the league, Hedman, and that forward corp.
You'd be crazy not to think they're not

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We have so many older guys . Back to Back would never benefit us imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad