OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Like I said, they have so many other properties they can utilize that would make better tv shows rather than that stuff.
gotcha. I mean, they are making a bunch of them already. I personally think a weird psychological thriller type show about them could be awesome. We'll see what they actually give us.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
good news: it doesn't have to be that character at all. I won't be surprised if she isn't even the "new" Thor. This is coming out post Strange vs the Multiverse. Might just be different Thor.
We'll have to see because in the comics, the way Jane wields Mjolnir is just beyond absurd. It's like the Gods they were meant for, were never worthy of it but Jane, Jane Foster...oh by all means, she can literally make it take form of her so she can throw people off from them knowing her identity.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We'll have to see because in the comics, the way Jane wields Mjolnir is just beyond absurd. It's like the Gods they were meant for, were never worthy of it but Jane, Jane Foster...oh by all means, she can literally make it take form of her so she can throw people off from them knowing her identity.
After Endgame I will be surprised if they make it about Thor being Unworthy. Being worthy was literally the bulk of his story arc in the last two movies. They have had no qualms with changing stuff to better fit this story.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
After Endgame I will be surprised if they make it about Thor being Unworthy. Being worthy was literally the bulk of his story arc in the last two movies. They have had no qualms with changing stuff to better fit this story.

It's not so much that. Captain America returns Mjolnir when he goes back in time, so in the current time line, Stormbreaker is all Thor has and Mjolnir does not exist anymore as it was destroyed in that timeline. So if Marvel is going to continue using the idiotic going back in time cheat code as their method of explaining things, they've truly run out of ideas (that entire storyline of going back in time is already major proof of that to me).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm just hoping for some more Mandalorian info soon.

I don't have high hopes for it, but it cracks me up that Bill Burr is in it.

The entire thing reads like a "Behold, this is a story of a lone fighter, ethnic Han Solo...what? no it's not Han Solo, it's ethnic Han Solo, there's a difference, he's ethnic!"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's not so much that. Captain America returns Mjolnir when he goes back in time, so in the current time line, Stormbreaker is all Thor has and Mjolnir does not exist anymore as it was destroyed in that timeline. So if Marvel is going to continue using the idiotic going back in time cheat code as their method of explaining things, they've truly run out of ideas (that entire storyline of going back in time is already major proof of that to me).
Nah man, it's Multiverse time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
for real, I think bringing in Fantastic Four and Doom is the way to really solidify the next major storyline at least on the earth level.

The issue is that they "Marvel/Disney-ize" characters they have. Fantastic 4 being rebooted would be a great thing and even Doom, but you just know they will turn Doom into what they turned Loki into and they will make one of the characters in F4 into a Tony Stark type of snarky and etc.

I'd love for them to make Doom properly, but I just don't know. He's such a whacked out character to begin with, he's a bad guy that borders on hilarious villainy. In the comics, Marvel turned Doom into a parody of himself.

Oh and they should bring Chris Evans back to be Johnny Storm and make ScarJo Sue Storm and have people say "You look familiar."

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The issue is that they "Marvel/Disney-ize" characters they have. Fantastic 4 being rebooted would be a great thing and even Doom, but you just know they will turn Doom into what they turned Loki into and they will make one of the characters in F4 into a Tony Stark type of snarky and etc.

I'd love for them to make Doom properly, but I just don't know. He's such a whacked out character to begin with, he's a bad guy that borders on hilarious villainy. In the comics, Marvel turned Doom into a parody of himself.
Human Torch is pretty damn snarky in most versions, so I don't think that's an issue. I think Doom will only be like Loki in the sense that he's around longer term, I think they know that he can't just be the same character. And they have to know how him being done so badly hurt the previous FF attempts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Human Torch is pretty damn snarky in most versions, so I don't think that's an issue. I think Doom will only be like Loki in the sense that he's around longer term, I think they know that he can't just be the same character. And they have to know how him being done so badly hurt the previous FF attempts.
HT is all jokes, it's just who he is so that shouldn't change at all.

Just don't make him black and force feed that narrative in like Trank tried to.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The dumbest thing about that is why would you pick one of the two siblings if you're making one of them black? Either go with both, or make it Reed. Or just don't force it.
You know they will force it.

I will tell you right now, when Marvel/Disney reboot Fantastic Four, one of them will be black.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I don't have high hopes for it, but it cracks me up that Bill Burr is in it.

The entire thing reads like a "Behold, this is a story of a lone fighter, ethnic Han Solo...what? no it's not Han Solo, it's ethnic Han Solo, there's a difference, he's ethnic!"

As a non-"ethnic" I see it as a "bounty hunter wearing Boba Fett type armor does Boba Fett things after Boba Fett's supposed death".

With a slight chance he's Boba Fett.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
As a non-"ethnic" I see it as a "bounty hunter wearing Boba Fett type armor does Boba Fett things after Boba Fett's supposed death".

With a slight chance he's Boba Fett.
yeah I don't see that as forcing it being ethnic at all. Pedro Pascal is just a great actor that they were probably thrilled to pick up.

edit: I'm dumb

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
yeah I don't see that as forcing it being ethnic at all. Pedro Pascal is just a great actor that they were probably thrilled to pick up. And if his identity is at all even questionably Boba Fett, then getting a hispanic actor was pretty much necessary.

:confused: :ha: Jango Fett's actor (and Boba's) was from New Zealand.

Still, if he's Boba I'm assuming they'd have to add some prosthetic to him to make him look scarred from the sarlacc pit. And I'm just assuming he'll keep his mask on for most of the series.

Can't really go casting Daniel Logan (Boba Fett child actor) if the Mando is Boba. Because of age reasons. And acting reasons.

We'll have to wait until it comes out.

All I've seen and read implies it'll be like a sci-fi western. But yes, we'll ultimately have to wait and see.

But Bill Burr should be great. If not, they've ruined the whole entire Star Wars universe. Totally.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
:confused: :ha: Jango Fett's actor (and Boba's) was from New Zealand.

Still, if he's Boba I'm assuming they'd have to add some prosthetic to him to make him look scarred from the sarlacc pit. And I'm just assuming he'll keep his mask on for most of the series.

Can't really go casting Daniel Logan (Boba Fett child actor) if the Mando is Boba. Because of age reasons. And acting reasons.
huh, so he is. Then I go back to my original point of Pedro Pascal just being awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad