OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In other Kevin Feige blows himself news...

He apparently wants it known he had an unofficial role in the Venom movie.

Meanwhile, Sony still owns 900 Marvel characters which I hope they never relinquish, lol.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Didn't Disney just make Ariel, black?

I know what they're doing, they want to continue to exploit my community after seeing how Black Panther went. It's pandering.
Oh right I forgot about The Little Mermaid being a part of Phase 4 :laugh: She's their answer to both Aquaman and Wonder Woman all in one.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
In other Kevin Feige blows himself news...

He apparently wants it known he had an unofficial role in the Venom movie.

Meanwhile, Sony still owns 900 Marvel characters which I hope they never relinquish, lol.
Part of me doesn't want Disney owning the world. But the part of me that watches movies would MUCH rather Marvel have control of these characters because they are much better at making these movies and to allow them to be a part of the MCU. But if we aren't getting that, here's hoping Sony has learned enough to do better this time around. They were off to a good start back with the Toby Maguire movies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh right I forgot about The Little Mermaid being a part of Phase 4 :laugh: She's their answer to both Aquaman and Wonder Woman all in one.

I said Disney/Marvel. As in both.

What, you don't want Namor the Submariner movie with a dude in some fish scale undies and f***ing elf ears with some really bad black hairdo?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Part of me doesn't want Disney owning the world. But the part of me that watches movies would MUCH rather Marvel have control of these characters because they are much better at making these movies. Here's hoping Sony has learned enough to do better this time around. They were off to a good start back with the Toby Maguire movies.

A big part of me dislikes Disney a great deal and anything that is a part of them which unfortunately is Marvel. I really hope Sony does their own MCU like they're planning and succeed with it to piss off Disney/Marvel.

I also hope Universal is like you know what, f*** Disney/Marvel, we're pulling Hulk and our characters out as well.

Disney/Marvel are the EA Sports of the Film Entertainment world. I ain't down with that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I said Disney/Marvel. As in both.

What, you don't want Namor the Submariner movie with a dude in some fish scale undies and ****ing elf ears with some really bad black hairdo?
But Marvel has had the same group of people doing the casting this whole time. I don't see them changing how they do it at this point.

And yeah sure, give us Namor. I'm sure they'd make it work.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
A big part of me dislikes Disney a great deal and anything that is a part of them which unfortunately is Marvel. I really hope Sony does their own MCU like they're planning and succeed with it to piss off Disney/Marvel.

I also hope Universal is like you know what, **** Disney/Marvel, we're pulling Hulk and our characters out as well.
I just don't get the spite part of it. I hope Sony does well because I like those characters. But I'd prefer them be part of the MCU because that is where they can be used to tell the best overall story.

I don't think Universal can stop Marvel from using Hulk in their movies actually, I think they just own the solo movie distribution rights but not the character itself.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But Marvel has had the same group of people doing the casting this whole time. I don't see them changing how they do it at this point.

And yeah sure, give us Namor. I'm sure they'd make it work.

Namor is quite possibly the worst name for a character. I can't even say that name out loud without my gf (Vietnamese) thinking I am uttering a slur.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Namor is quite possibly the worst name for a character. I can't even say that name out loud without my gf (Vietnamese) thinking I am uttering a slur.
It's just a name. Though apparently it sounds like a Vietnamese slur. That's not really a problem with the name though, just a coincidence.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just don't get the spite part of it. I hope Sony does well because I like those characters. But I'd prefer them be part of the MCU because that is where they can be used to tell the best overall story.

I don't think Universal can stop Marvel from using Hulk in their movies actually, I think they just own the solo movie distribution rights but not the character itself.

And Marvel/Disney seems to turn all characters into the same type depending on their current fad with how they're doing things. I want different. Different is good.

Marvel/Disney fanatics want more of the same and like that, I think that's boring as hell. Why would you want more of the same shit with a different character?

Namor is an anti-hero, they'd turn him into some unsung hero that isn't as complex as he is in the comics.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They're making Matrix 4.

HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Lana Wachowski thinks now, more than ever, the story needs to be added on to or whatever...like what can you possibly tell?

I think Neo gets cyber bullied on Snapchat and Morpheus gets mad so he live streams a warning on facebook, Trinity meanwhile, live stories her worry for Neo on instagram. Agent Smith returns, but has an announcement, he's now Pan sexual and identifies as a sultry toaster, this throws the entire mainframe out of balance.

hue hue hue hue
... Matrix 4: Trans Wars

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
-- Meanwhile, in Disney's evil corporate lair --

It's time to fast track Fantastic Four and target the same release date as the next Spider Man.
Is Jessica Alba back?

Maaaannnnn did she ever trash that role saying it ruined her acting career.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And Marvel/Disney seems to turn all characters into the same type depending on their current fad with how they're doing things. I want different. Different is good.

Marvel/Disney fanatics want more of the same and like that, I think that's boring as hell. Why would you want more of the same **** with a different character?

Namor is an anti-hero, they'd turn him into some unsung hero that isn't as complex as he is in the comics.

I'd say Marvel has diverged their movie styles quite a bit the farther along things have gone. You can't watch Winter Soldier and Ragnarok and think they are really even similar. I mean it's a comic book franchise so there is going to be some comedy to it all, and they have definitely turned a few characters (Drax is the worst example) into just joke characters, but overall I think they do a good job of the important characters being pretty unique.

I also think it looks like the next phase has room for things to get a lot more variety, especially since they are getting more directors with their own styles. The funny thing is, this is exactly why I'm excited for Wandavision. It looks like it'll be the most different thing they've done so far.

I also think it's funny that the three best post-Nolan DC movies are all much more in line with the Disney/Marvel style of movies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm all up for reboots if they are good properties to begin with. BUT no Home Alone and DEF no Back to the Future.

Matrix yes... well it is a continuation.
I just wish remakes or reboots got more mature as their initial fan base aged into adults.... or man children. Hence, they should be dark af because those feel good endings all the time are played. Sooooo playyyyyyed.

I want heros DED. I want miserable feelings and knowing inevitable defeat and desperation. It opens up so many avenues of story-telling since they always end them so cherry popping happy for the most part.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm all up for reboots if they are good properties to begin with. BUT no Home Alone and DEF no Back to the Future.

Matrix yes... well it is a continuation.
I just wish remakes or reboots got more mature as their initial fan base aged into adults.... or man children. Hence, they should be dark af because those feel good endings all the time are played. Sooooo playyyyyyed.

I want heros DED. I want miserable feelings and knowing inevitable defeat and desperation. It opens up so many avenues of story-telling since they always end them so cherry popping happy for the most part.
dark is great when it fits the story you're telling. But I kind of hate the trend of making things dark for the sake of being dark. It's not an easy thing to do well imo.

Reactions: Peat and shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
dark is great when it fits the story you're telling. But I kind of hate the trend of making things dark for the sake of being dark.
I agree, but.... BUT... I feel they hold back developing dark films because it is more difficult to fill theater seats.

ALSO, ratings are a joke in todays world. kids see so much horrible violence and language everywhere so why do they have to be sheltered at movie houses? I mean unless it's jaw droppingly horrible ultra violent stuff, they should drop the ratings barring kids act... like they really care about sheltering kids. more than 75% of entertainment is violent in some nature.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
QaoJyrq.jpg

Snapped this picture this morning as we were getting set up for our test.

Thought it looked cool and wanted to share.
Thats wicked beautiful bro.
What did you use just a regular cell phone camera?
Which cell phone may I ask.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I agree, but.... BUT... I feel they hold back developing dark films because it is more difficult to fill theater seats.

ALSO, ratings are a joke in todays world. kids see so much horrible violence and language everywhere so why do they have to be sheltered at movie houses? I mean unless it's jaw droppingly horrible ultra violent stuff, they should drop the ratings barring kids act... like they really care about sheltering kids. more than 75% of entertainment is violent in some nature.
I don't mind the ratings, though it probably doesn't need to be 17 or 18 or whatever it is for R. Some rating between the current PG13 and R would make sense I think.

Either way, I see that as a whole different thing than being dark.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Didn't Disney just make Ariel, black?

I know what they're doing, they want to continue to exploit my community after seeing how Black Panther went. It's pandering.

It's half-pandering, half-daddy issues.

Producers and Casting Directors who want to piss off everybody who reminds them of their stuck-up, strict old father that they can't stand.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
@Honour Over Glory - Are there any major films/media out there that you think handle including PoC in a non-pandering way?

dark is great when it fits the story you're telling. But I kind of hate the trend of making things dark for the sake of being dark. It's not an easy thing to do well imo.

I want a spectrum. For me, most things seem to be trending towards the darker end - but only trending. Very few stories are willing to be tragedies these days - very few are willing to sincerely invest in the idea that humanity can be a great and glorious thing. Instead, everything seems to be swimming around in a barrel of nasty things happen and we're all a bit nasty but hey it works out all right in the end. I get why its popular, but it shouldn't be everything.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I mean, I get Sony's motivation in not caving to the power of the mouse. But at the same time, 50% of MCU take is going to be better than 100% of their standalone take. I think it'll get worked out, just with Sony getting some extra $$$ thrown their way.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean, I get Sony's motivation in not caving to the power of the mouse. But at the same time, 50% of MCU take is going to be better than 100% of their standalone take. I think it'll get worked out, just with Sony getting some extra $$$ thrown their way.

Yeah what are Sony's big money-makers outside of Spiderman (I mean... movie wise)? Weren't they just in some trouble a few years back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad