OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They're making Matrix 4.

HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Lana Wachowski thinks now, more than ever, the story needs to be added on to or whatever...like what can you possibly tell?

I think Neo gets cyber bullied on Snapchat and Morpheus gets mad so he live streams a warning on facebook, Trinity meanwhile, live stories her worry for Neo on instagram. Agent Smith returns, but has an announcement, he's now Pan sexual and identifies as a sultry toaster, this throws the entire mainframe out of balance.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They're making Matrix 4.

HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Lana Wachowski thinks now, more than ever, the story needs to be added on to or whatever...like what can you possibly tell?

I think Neo gets cyber bullied on Snapchat and Morpheus gets mad so he live streams a warning on facebook, Trinity meanwhile, live stories her worry for Neo on instagram. Agent Smith returns, but has an announcement, he's now Pan sexual and identifies as a sultry toaster, this throws the entire mainframe out of balance.

Matrix 4 and Sony/Marvel split back up with Spiderman. Sad times all around :cry:

Maybe they can call this Matrix 2 and try again at making sequels? It can't go worse, can it?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Matrix 4 and Sony/Marvel split back up with Spiderman. Sad times all around :cry:

Maybe they can call this Matrix 2 and try again at making sequels? It can't go worse, can it?

Lmao...Marvel got jobbed by Disney. Disney got greedy and wanted 50/50 profit share from what I can figure out from these articles about it.

Sony is likely going to continue with the Spiderman movies with Venom 2, Carnage, etc all being added and they have a lot of those movies on the books already in production or on the verge of in the near future (I think Kraven is one and apparently Leto is now doing that Morbius movie? lol).

I actually thought the 2 spiderman movies and the animated movie are the most complete comic book movies that Marvel has ever done, probably their best work in their what, 22+ movies since Iron Man? A shame, but also, Disney is absolute garbage and I can't help but laugh at their misfortunes, so f*** them.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lmao...Marvel got jobbed by Disney. Disney got greedy and wanted 50/50 profit share from what I can figure out from these articles about it.

Sony is likely going to continue with the Spiderman movies with Venom 2, Carnage, etc all being added and they have a lot of those movies on the books already in production or on the verge of in the near future (I think Kraven is one and apparently Leto is now doing that Morbius movie? lol).

I actually thought the 2 spiderman movies and the animated movie are the most complete comic book movies that Marvel has ever done, probably their best work in their what, 22+ movies since Iron Man? A shame, but also, Disney is absolute garbage and I can't help but laugh at their misfortunes, so **** them.
They didn't want 50/50 profit sharing, they wanted 50/50 production cost sharing. As it was, I think Disney was basically paying to make a movie for Sony to make the money. But I'm sure both sides suck in this case.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
b3e20e8f3588882b5c65161e8dfd5cc7f8627d78.gif

I mean, Marvel set him up to kind of just go on the run and be hidden I guess? </spoiler>

Marvel also brought in the Skrulls and also, Mysterio could have made that entire scene of him being revealed into a parlor trick to mess with Spiderman, so many ways they can spin that to make it work. I am just curious now if Holland stays on and what happens to the way they move forward now that they can't have that Marvel fun tie in with the rest of the movies. Does Holland quickly get over Tony Stark in the 3rd one because he can't mention him?

Lol

Peter - "I was sad about someone dying, but I can't remember who it was Aunt May..."

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They didn't want 50/50 profit sharing, they wanted 50/50 production cost sharing. As it was, I think Disney was basically paying to make a movie for Sony to make the money.
Which is smart af for Sony. Make Disney/Marvel fix their issues with their guy and then say peace out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Which is smart af for Sony. Make Disney/Marvel fix their issues with their guy and then say peace out.
It's smart in the very short term, sure. We'll see how it works for them long term. I'm hoping they can make something good work at least, but it sucks to not have it be a connected part anymore. Especially since as you mentioned, this version was very impacted by things happening with Tony and Happy etc.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's smart in the very short term, sure. We'll see how it works for them long term. I'm hoping they can make something good work at least, but it sucks to not have it be a connected part anymore. Especially since as you mentioned, this version was very impacted by things happening with Tony and Happy etc.
Very much so, while I hate Disney and think Marvel is at a point where they can show a giant piece of turd on the screen and people will stroke off to it with ticket sales, Spiderman was actually a damn good franchise that was finally rebooted properly with the right casting and story.

It had everything you'd want out of the character that brought to life the DNA of the comics that people loved growing up, I grew up a big Spiderman fan (secondary to Batman of course). So to see Holland do so well in that role and then his own movies was great. But now with that in jeopardy...yikes.

We all know how this will work out. It's not a 100% done deal that Sony is saying no. Disney/Marvel also started to groom Holland's Spiderman as the next big thing in their Avengers universe. You can't roll out your phase whatevers without what you've set up and not explain that now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We all know how this will work out. It's not a 100% done deal that Sony is saying no. Disney/Marvel also started to groom Holland's Spiderman as the next big thing in their Avengers universe. You can't roll out your phase whatevers without what you've set up and not explain that now.
Disney buys Sony?

I'm hoping they still work something out and this is just some hard ball negotiating tactic countered with a leak to show some outrage. I know Venom did well and Spiderman movies have always done well for Sony, but FFH was just their biggest movie release ever. Can't imagine they actually just straight walk away without real negotiations.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
-- Meanwhile, in Disney's evil corporate lair --

It's time to fast track Fantastic Four and target the same release date as the next Spider Man.

Also in that evil lair...

They're thinking about removing the name "X-Men" from the X-Men and without Spiderman, they will need to really look at their entire catalog of characters to pull from to make things exciting because to be honest, Jane as Thor in the next movie is just lame, it's very much in line with the ego stroking in that women team up scene. You suddenly discard Jane altogether and now because of the current climate, you're thrusting her back in?

Also those tv shows, jesus christ....why?

I just want a sequel to Tron legacy. That's all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Disney buys Sony?

That would be horrific and terrible for movies.

I'm hoping they still work something out and this is just some hard ball negotiating tactic countered with a leak to show some outrage. I know Venom did well and Spiderman movies have always done well for Sony, but FFH was just their biggest movie release ever. Can't imagine they actually just straight walk away without real negotiations.

The thing is, people also told Sony that Venom as PG-13 wouldn't work and it got horrendous reviews before it released world wide.

Then it f***ing went and made a ton of money and now has Andy Serkis directing the sequel. Sony is probably like "Thanks fam, we totally would have messed it up but y'all fixed it and we'll take it from here."

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Also in that evil lair...

They're thinking about removing the name "X-Men" from the X-Men and without Spiderman, they will need to really look at their entire catalog of characters to pull from to make things exciting because to be honest, Jane as Thor in the next movie is just lame, it's very much in line with the ego stroking in that women team up scene. You suddenly discard Jane altogether and now because of the current climate, you're thrusting her back in?

Also those tv shows, jesus christ....why?

I just want a sequel to Tron legacy. That's all.
I am excited to see mostly everything you just mentioned honestly :laugh: Black Widow and the Falcon/Winter Soldier stuff probably the least probably, but I like both characters and generally think good 6ish hour TV series are often better than going with movies. Pumped for them seeming prepared to go weird with Wandavision especially. I know you hate the name, but I think it's pretty much perfect for the weird fake sci-fi suburban family vibe I expect from the story.

I think they pretty much had no clue what to do with Thor for a while, and Jane was a victim of that. Having her back involved with Waititi could be great depending how they do it. I trust Waititi to make the movie he wants to make, and I really like Natalie Portman.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A new report indicated Sony and Marvel Studios are parting ways in regards to the Spider-Man collaboration due to a payment dispute. In the past, Sony financed the solo Spider-Man movies (Spider-Man: Homecoming and this year's Spider-Man: Far From Home), and reaped much of the financial benefits from those films' successful box office runs. Meanwhile, Marvel Studios had creative control of Spider-Man so he could fit within their established MCU. According to today's initial report, Marvel's parent company, Disney, wanted to take on more financial responsibility, thereby making more of a profit off the films they were helping to create. Discussions broke down, leading to the reports of Sony and Marvel parting ways. However, an update indicates a new deal can be reached.

Now, Variety reports one of their sources said a deal can still be made between Sony and Disney/Marvel Studios. When Sony was reached for comment by io9, a representative said the dispute between studios is over a producer credit and negotiations are still ongoing. The Sony representative also clarified that Feige has contributed to other Sony Marvel movies, which he did not receive a producer credit on.
Spider-Man Not Lost Yet? Marvel & Sony Could Still Reach A Deal

@Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Then it ****ing went and made a ton of money and now has Andy Serkis directing the sequel. Sony is probably like "Thanks fam, we totally would have messed it up but y'all fixed it and we'll take it from here."
and if it goes that route, I hope they are right. I'm sure the Marvel folks can work around it, though it will suck. I'm less confident that Sony can continue making it work.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am excited to see mostly everything you just mentioned honestly :laugh: Black Widow and the Falcon/Winter Soldier stuff probably the least probably, but I like both characters and generally think good 6ish hour TV series are often better than going with movies. Pumped for them seeming prepared to go weird with Wandavision especially. I know you hate the name, but I think it's pretty much perfect for the weird fake sci-fi suburban family vibe I expect from the story.

I think they pretty much had no clue what to do with Thor for a while, and Jane was a victim of that. Having her back involved with Waititi could be great depending how they do it.
I just don't get how Vision is back. Like how do you make that leap from being destroyed to suddenly being back? Also the Loki thing, while I love what Hiddleston did with the character, I just don't know how that works as a series before it gets repetitive and same for Wandavision, what they're living together and have those "Oh you! *fake laugh from audience* type moments when Vision is like "Wanda, why do you require more paper towels in the lavatory?"

I mean...they have better properties to bring to life, not stretch the shit out of ones we've already seen, you know?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
and if it goes that route, I hope they are right. I'm sure the Marvel folks can work around it, though it will suck. I'm less confident that Sony can continue making it work.
I think Sony could figure it out, there's a lot of the writers that helped with making their Spiderman cohesive to the MCU storylines that are now just sitting around doing nothing until they're called upon.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to be honest. I don't think Marvel would have ever allowed a Sinister Six storyline, whereas Sony is equal parts ballsy and stupid enough to give that a whirl and maybe even make it work.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just don't get how Vision is back. Like how do you make that leap from being destroyed to suddenly being back? Also the Loki thing, while I love what Hiddleston did with the character, I just don't know how that works as a series before it gets repetitive and same for Wandavision, what they're living together and have those "Oh you! *fake laugh from audience* type moments when Vision is like "Wanda, why do you require more paper towels in the lavatory?"

I mean...they have better properties to bring to live, not stretch the **** out of ones we've already seen, you know?
I don't know if they plan on either being long ongoing series. I'm picturing them being basically mini-series. Trying to keep them going for a long time might not be great.

As for Vision being back, I expect a combination of time travel, multiverse shenanigans, and literal magic to be involved. Wanda can do some weird shit. I expect him to be back, but not like, back back as the same guy. Pretty sure it's stealing a lot from this based on the synopsis of being about them in some suburban life.

background.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Btw @Ogrezilla Jane as the new Thor is a joke.

That entire character reads like a loner that is trying to impress this feminist woman he has a crush on so he creates the most idiotic character in that world. Jane Foster is literally the most powerful person to wield Mjolnir.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Btw @Ogrezilla Jane as the new Thor is a joke.

That entire character reads like a loner that is trying to impress this feminist woman he has a crush on so he creates the most idiotic character in that world. Jane Foster is literally the most powerful person to wield Mjolnir.

good news: it doesn't have to be that character at all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know if they plan on either being long ongoing series. I'm picturing them being basically mini-series. Trying to keep them going for a long time might not be great.

As for Vision being back, I expect a combination of time travel, multiverse shenanigans, and literal magic to be involved. Wanda can do some weird ****. I expect him to be back, but not like, back back as the same guy. Pretty sure it's stealing a lot from this based on the synopsis of being about them in some suburban life.

background.jpg
giphy.gif

Like I said, they have so many other properties they can utilize that would make better tv shows rather than that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad