OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Leave Your Dignity at the Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Gnarly. Don’t smoke in bed, Shop! That ****’s killed as many musicians as smack.
Isn't that how spontaneous combustion myths get started?

Well, I wasn't sleeping in bed. I was super juiced at my computer desk and schnoozed one straight through the burning of my fingers. I don't remember what happened when I woke, I just had these two big water-filled blisters. It did not hurt and still has no pain at all.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Time moves too damn fast. First time back in Pittsburgh during the summer since 2010 for me starts tomorrow.

This would be so much more enjoyable if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of me preparing for a career change and rapidly approaching month-long international trip that is pushing my body to its limits amidst a ton of medication changes, but I can't complain too much about being able to go to Kennywood with my nephews for the first time.

Speaking of toxic family...*whistles innocently and prepares for the worst*

When's the last time you were in Pittsburgh?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I don't know your situation or anything about you or your family. So with respects to privacy and not getting into it too much... the best short andsweet and impactful thing I can say, which is pretty obvious an d common sense, you have to just cut off and cut out the toxic root. If you have to be away from the source of problems ---- do it!Mental health is such a serious aspect. I hate giving advice cause it makes oneself look pompous or all knowing, know what I mean? Although by all mean s if you need anyone or someone to chitty chatty wiff I'm here but according to said neigbhbor I'm a no good punk

I told him I'm getting away for the second time, and mostly just had to sit through him trying to get me to admit to sexuality-based stuff, which I stonefaced through because once he gets an idea in his head, he doesn't accept anything contra that idea. Needless to say, he's wrong, and I can't tell him that he's wrong. He basically tried to explain why everything is my fault, which I ignored. I never wanted to have to come back to his house in the first place. But now he knows I'm getting out. And I don't plan on telling him what I want to do with the rest of my life until it's too late for him to try to stop me.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I told him I'm getting away for the second time, and mostly just had to sit through him trying to get me to admit to sexuality-based stuff, which I stonefaced through because once he gets an idea in his head, he doesn't accept anything contra that idea. Needless to say, he's wrong, and I can't tell him that he's wrong. He basically tried to explain why everything is my fault, which I ignored. I never wanted to have to come back to his house in the first place. But now he knows I'm getting out. And I don't plan on telling him what I want to do with the rest of my life until it's too late for him to try to stop me.

I'm sorry you're going through this but it sure sounds like you're making the right decision.

Reactions: Peat and Ogrezilla

Allie Kitsune

Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm sorry you're going through this but it sure sounds like you're making the right decision.

He's incredibly good at making arguments about why it's all my fault and why I'm wrong, but I've reached the point where I do not care. The ultimate point is that being around him isn't healthy, I wish I'd never had to move back here in the first place, and I'm ready to move the rest of my stuff out of here and be gone the first real chance I get.

The only reasons I plan on sticking it out for the rest of the year are A) So I only have to file one set of local taxes, and B) so I can move more of my stuff out while he's away on hunting trips and not here to run his mouth about it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I keep it very simple.
- I use a gentle scrub once every 10 days
- I use a mixture of simple water and soap 2x a day to wash my face
- I apply Clinique anti-aging eye cream AM/PM under my eyes
- I moisturize after every shower.

I'm blessed. I don't think ive had my face breakout in over 15 years.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Oh god... I'm getting terrible flashbacks from my youth, now. The prospects of getting dunked in that mostly-piss disease water was more terrifying than any grade 3 concussion that the original Steel Phantom could ever give me.
:laugh:

They should have named it O'Reilly's Rapids or something. At least they would have had an excuse for the beautiful green water.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I PM you.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As a halfer maybe I don't see it...

But I was watching the Red Sea Diving Report, based on a true story of Mossad agents rescuing Ethiopian Jews.

Apparently Variety (trash) mocks it for another white savior complex movie. Uh what? It's based off a true story of Mossad agents that I guess were white that saved thousands. Why the f*** does their race matter????

Apparently that's a thing. White Savior complex. So anytime a movie is made and a non white character is helped it's guilty of this? Is this what it's come to? Stupid shit like that? I enjoyed the movie. Not once did my blackness feel threatened that I needed a white man to save me from watching a movie based on a story of something that was good.

'Red Sea Diving Resort' hits Netflix. Here's the unbelievable Mossad op behind it

Allie Kitsune

Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

But I was watching the Red Sea Diving Report, based on a true story of Mossad agents rescuing Ethiopian Jews.

Apparently Variety (trash) mocks it for another white savior complex movie. Uh what? It's based off a true story of Mossad agents that I guess were white that saved thousands. Why the **** does their race matter????

Apparently that's a thing. White Savior complex. So anytime a movie is made and a non white character is helped it's guilty of this? Is this what it's come to? Stupid **** like that? I enjoyed the movie. Not once did my blackness feel threatened that I needed a white man to save me from watching a movie based on a story of something that was good.

'Red Sea Diving Resort' hits Netflix. Here's the unbelievable Mossad op behind it

I don't see it either.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's ridiculous. The hate for the movie comes from that mentality. I watched it, glad I did and hope more do.

I thought you were mixed. I don't know why... maybe when we talked about my Honduran wife we may have mentioned something that lead me to think that. So your straight up black, thats cool. In this climate it is good to know now for some sick reason those in control make it seem like we should know so we can be DELICATE not to offend each other, hahah.... I'm old fashioned and I won't bend to pc. Give me the polish jokes, please. Be as insensitive to me as possible. It's refreshing already in this god awful world of correctness.

Apparently Variety (trash) mocks it for another white savior complex movie. Uh what? It's based off a true story of Mossad agents that I guess were white that saved thousands. Why the **** does their race matter????

Apparently that's a thing. White Savior complex. So anytime a movie is made and a non white character is helped it's guilty of this? Is this what it's come to? Stupid **** like that? I enjoyed the movie. Not once did my blackness feel threatened that I needed a white man to save me from watching a movie based on a story of something that was good.

If you change your mind you can always fall into my caring arms.

Allie Kitsune

Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I thought you were mixed. I don't know why... maybe when we talked about my Honduran wife we may have mentioned something that lead me to think that. So your straight up black, thats cool. In this climate it is good to know now for some sick reason those in control make it seem like we should know so we can be DELICATE not to offend each other, hahah.... I'm old fashioned and I won't bend to pc. Give me the polish jokes, please. Be as insensitive to me as possible. It's refreshing already in this god awful world of correctness.

With him being half, and me being almost half (some native blood on my black side), that makes almost 1 fully black HFPens fan.

Allie Kitsune

Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Wonder twins unite to create - BLACKMON PENSFAN!

mars-blackmon-rt-float-1.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I can't even enjoy movies anymore.

If it's not blatantly having to ignore GIGANTIC plot holes, it's some shoe-horned "message" dreck. if it isn't that, everyone cries on Twitter about it being something horrible and if you enjoy it, well..."You're just part of the problem!"

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

If it's not blatantly having to ignore GIGANTIC plot holes, it's some shoe-horned "message" dreck. if it isn't that, everyone cries on Twitter about it being something horrible and if you enjoy it, well..."You're just part of the problem!"
Pretty astute on point observation. We have crossed the Rubicon. "The die has been cast."

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

The worst is these haters that come on and absolutely trash a movie's ratings because they feel they are part of some "faction" of f***ing dipshit fans that have to protect the company they root for that makes the same repetitive shit they love but you can never criticize.

The moment anything different is out there, you're basically geared to hate it because it's not the exact source material which maybe, just maybe, might not be what is needed or has been done and something different is fun.

I have seen so many movies that critics and assholes on the net have trashed and have thoroughly enjoyed and have not liked movies that have made a ton of money or have this hype because of rabid fans that will love anything that a certain franchise churns out (relax Ogre).

I don't think I have gone to see a movie in over a month now, in theatres anyway. I think the next movie I will wait to watch is Joker, it's something different.

Watch it be this fantastic movie, but because everyone wants to hate DC for not doing the same shit everyone else is, it'll be panned.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad