OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Leave Your Dignity at the Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I've decided that by the beginning of next year, I'm cutting my father out of my life to as much of an extent as I possibly can.

It's really almost as much my fault (for being a paranoid little b****) as it is his (for being an angry, stuck-up-his-own-ass curmudgeon), but the reason doesn't matter. What does is that having him be a part of my life is negative and toxic for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, I have apparently turned into the kind of person who says, "Damn it, the yen gained a cent."

Feel free to smack me with a newspaper for I feel I have shamed the McLargehuge name.

Reactions: KIRK

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Tennis is in town :cool: Going to the Qualies this weekend and first round on Monday :cool: Won't see Rafa play (seen him more times than I can remember already) but I will check him out on the practice court.

Reactions: ColePens

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I've decided that by the beginning of next year, I'm cutting my father out of my life to as much of an extent as I possibly can.

It's really almost as much my fault (for being a paranoid little b****) as it is his (for being an angry, stuck-up-his-own-ass curmudgeon), but the reason doesn't matter. What does is that having him be a part of my life is negative and toxic for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Don't know the whole story, but my mother is the same way:

Incredibly toxic.
Only happy when she is mad.
Plays head-games like chess play.
30 some odd years of bankers club everyday. _everyday_ no exaggeration.
Stole my father and warped his life into being afraid / hiding ALL aspects of his daily routine as it creates tension and storing information into her hard drive of terror. She saves every bit of information and builds a case to insult, drag down, black ball
The list goes on and on.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just watched my first baseball game of the season today.

It was 5 and a half hours.
It was the most incredibly boring thing I have done all year so far.
It had one of the coolest plays at the plate that rarely ever happens. (The scenario, not plays at the plate)
Phillies blew the lead in the top of the 9th and lost in the 15th, HAH.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Nothing like unexpected road work on your commute home when you're having a legit bathroom emergency.

Lol

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I just watched my first baseball game of the season today.

It was 5 and a half hours.
It was the most incredibly boring thing I have done all year so far.
It had one of the coolest plays at the plate that rarely ever happens. (The scenario, not plays at the plate)
Phillies blew the lead in the top of the 9th and lost in the 15th, HAH.

Behold...the tale of what appears to be the only entertaining game of baseball ever played:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Don't know the whole story, but my mother is the same way:

Incredibly toxic.
Only happy when she is mad.

Plays head-games like chess play.
30 some odd years of bankers club everyday. _everyday_ no exaggeration.
Stole my father and warped his life into being afraid / hiding ALL aspects of his daily routine as it creates tension and storing information into her hard drive of terror. She saves every bit of information and builds a case to insult, drag down, black ball
The list goes on and on.

Yeah. Everything bolded there applies to my father. Some MAJOR life revelations, some things that have been deeply repressed for a long time are starting to spill out, and I can't have him around me anymore if I'm going to be who and what I need to be from now on. It's already almost too late.

For untold years, I haven't been able to do much of anything without him wanting to stifle me and make me feel like shit over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat and shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How I picture @Ogrezilla's car.

7M8lyT3.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah. Everything bolded there applies to my father. Some MAJOR life revelations, some things that have been deeply repressed for a long time are starting to spill out, and I can't have him around me anymore if I'm going to be who and what I need to be from now on. It's already almost too late.

For untold years, I haven't been able to do much of anything without him wanting to stifle me and make me feel like **** over it.
Yeah, I don't know your situation or anything about you or your family. So with respects to privacy and not getting into it too much... the best short andsweet and impactful thing I can say, which is pretty obvious an d common sense, you have to just cut off and cut out the toxic root. If you have to be away from the source of problems ---- do it!Mental health is such a serious aspect. I hate giving advice cause it makes oneself look pompous or all knowing, know what I mean? Although by all mean s if you need anyone or someone to chitty chatty wiff I'm here but according to said neigbhbor I'm a no good punk

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Time moves too damn fast. First time back in Pittsburgh during the summer since 2010 for me starts tomorrow.

This would be so much more enjoyable if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of me preparing for a career change and rapidly approaching month-long international trip that is pushing my body to its limits amidst a ton of medication changes, but I can't complain too much about being able to go to Kennywood with my nephews for the first time.

Speaking of toxic family...*whistles innocently and prepares for the worst*

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ok boys... this is what happens when you fall asleep with a cigarette in between your fingers.

HOLY SHIT!

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Clare2904

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Said I was going to Toronto/Washington in October. Parents said they've got annual leave so don't mind coming = makes it cheaper at least.

I know there's stuff to do in Washington to keep us occupied for 3 days/4 days. Just need things for 3/4 days in Toronto. I've been there a few times so some of the things I've done before but thinking;

Toronto Islands, Hockey Hall of Fame (Been before but you have to go!),

Might check San Francisco though as I've never been and would like to go. Dad would enjoy that more too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad