Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts:

I want to take my girlfriend there. But she's afraid of flying. I think New Orleans would be great for her even though she doesn't really drink. Loves seafood and is actually a mortician -- so I'm sure she'd have interest in the death related stuff.

Literally the weekend after. Was in town to work for MLB Network.

So imagine that weekend and dial it up to about 100 . . . that's Mardi Gras. :laugh:

I really want to go back and do some tours of the antebellum history and architecture. I literally flew in Friday night, we out for a bit, worked from 10a-11p on Saturday, went out again for a bit, flew home on Sunday. It was a work trip so I paid for my food and that was it, but all I saw was Bourbon and the French quarter. Want to see more.

Regular time is an even bigger trip man. It's like every one is pranking you and no one else knows it's a joke.

I was actually in Cleveland. It wasn't that bad. But also not that great. I'm also exaggerating a ton about Cleveland because I hate the browns, cavs, and jackets.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Honour Over Glory said:
was actually in Cleveland. It wasn't that bad. But also not that great. I'm also exaggerating a ton about Cleveland because I hate the browns, cavs, and jackets

ah, gotcha. Ohiopyle is not in Ohio. I understand the concern now :laugh: It's a town in PA about an hour and a half east of Pittsburgh in the mountains. Lots of hiking and biking and camping and rafting and whatnot. Most importantly a beer fest last week.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm in on this rave party

giphy.gif

Reactions: BHD and ColePens

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So... Do I apply for a bearable job that won't stand out on my resume later on, or... Do I stick being miserable at my current place and impress potential employers down the line?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Depends. How long would you have to stick at your current job to impress and advance your career?

Considering I just finished my program (paralegal), I would like to stay there a year before reaching out to other places. However, the other job sounds like something I could step into.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Considering I just finished my program (paralegal), I would like to stay there a year before reaching out to other places. However, the other job sounds like something I could step into.

Happiness is very important, but at the beginning of your career it is sometimes worth it to make a sacrifice for a year or so.

All I'd say is do not rush that decision. Don't stay at a shit job too long either. Your talent will speak for you no matter where you work.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Do you like your immediate co-workers?

My co-workers are fine. I realize most people go to work to get their shit done. So I don't expect them to be warm and fuzzy.

Happiness is very important, but at the beginning of your career it is sometimes worth it to make a sacrifice for a year or so... Your talent will speak for you no matter where you work.

That's what my gut is telling me.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad