Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Leafs lose 8-0

Seguin with 5G 3A
Hamilton with 3G 5A
Kessel a -8

How likely is this outcome? :sarcasm:

Well 8-0 did happen last year if I remember correctly but the rest probably makes it unlikely.

Yes, I know humour when I see it.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Thornton is out by the way. Colton Orr will be the undesputed tough guy on the ice. An Orr-Lucic fight would be a very one-sided Orr victory. Maybe we see Orr-Chara? :naughty:

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I don't think the Bruins are going to dominate physically this time around. The Leafs (and more specifically Carlyle) have prepared for this one.

I'm super excited for this game.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Orr is still down with the flu I believe. Dunno if he'll be ready for tomorrow.

Orr was there playing last night. I was surprised he never went after Erskine. Perhaps just saving up his strength for Satruday :naughty:

Anyone else find that now that Northeast teams have added toughness (Us, Sabres, Habs I guess) to go along with the already tough Rangers, it has kind of made the Bruins targets to the rest of the division?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Played last night.

Orr was there playing last night. I was surprised he never went after Erskine. Perhaps just saving up his strength for Satruday :naughty:

Anyone else find that now that Northeast teams have added toughness (Us, Sabres, Habs I guess) to go along with the already tough Rangers, it has kind of made the Bruins targets to the rest of the division?

Oh wow. I had a brainfart, good point. I hope he's up for something then lol.

We didn't really add toughness, we had it really but not utilized until Carlyle's plan.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Not that you like to see a guy injured... but this is good news for us:

Shawn Thornton out 7-10 days

WILMINGTON, Mass. -- Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton will miss seven to 10 days due to a concussion he suffered in a first-period fight with the Buffalo Sabres' John Scott on Thursday night, the team announced.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario

IIRC, Orr went at him multiple times, Erskine just p***yed out.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Grabovski is the closest we have to a Bruins killer. He seems to be on his game when he plays them.

Hopefully the kid line can shine again. Kadri seems to play even better when the game is a bit more energy paced.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Fast forward to 2:24.

I'll love to see Nifty Nazem get some good work tomorrow
Closest to Vanek is Eric Staal...and he isn't going anywhere.

I hope we get Perry. Now that would be something.

I want Perry more than I want Getzlaf.

Well I pretty much believe Getzlaf will re-sign with the ducks, so that's my hope as well atm :laugh:

Man if perry signs with us in the off-season, I'd immediately buy a jersey day one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri only got about 13 mins last night. It's amazing how Kadri is always creating something on the ice despite not getting 15-17 minutes.

Hopefully he's on the first PP tomorrow...and NO KOSTKA please. We struggle against the Bruins as is...let's make our PP's count because the Bruins will give them.

Kessel is going to pot a few tomorrow :) This just makes a lot of sense.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Kadri only got about 13 mins last night. It's amazing how Kadri is always creating something on the ice despite not getting 15-17 minutes.

Hopefully he's on the first PP tomorrow...and NO KOSTKA please. We struggle against the Bruins as is...let's make our PP's count because the Bruins will give them.

Kessel is going to pot a few tomorrow :) This just makes a lot of sense.
With the way Kessel has been driving towards the net and evolving his game into much more than just a sniper. I think it's possible tbh, we first however need to solve Rask. I remember him being the type of goalie that tends to be solid unless you crash the net for that one or two goal. Then his mental state lets the opponents do the rest.

As for Kadri, yea makes me happy he's doing great this season. We definitely need to replace Kostka with a guy like Liles or something, this is just frustrating to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad