Pre-Game Talk: Saturday Feb 2, 2013 Bruins vs Leafs @ ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
God I hope Marchand tries to take a run at someone tomorrow night. He'll be very sorry if he does...

If he does, then I hope the leafs arent stupid enough to retaliate! The leafs cannot afford to fall into Bostons' trap which will be goading us into taking stupid/heated penalties, and then getting powerplays out of it.

Best thing to do is match them hit for hit BUT do not engage in anything after the whistle and no dirty tactics. I say let Boston fly out there without their heads, it will be THEM that looks stupid, don't play their game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Competing against the Bruins would be like a win but I'd love for both to happen.

I'd be happy to see the Leafs push them around for a change.

No midget hockey for me, 2 little girls in my house.

but they could play on girls teams? :D little Cherie Pipers or Hayley Wickenhesiers :D

I just want to have a good game. Keep it close and play hard. (Hopefully a win. had we won the two games we'd lost with the Lead we'd be #1 in the division).

topcat986*

Not trying to turn this in a flame warm. Why is it okay for fans of the Leafs to criticize the horror show the Leaf orginization has been going on in my honest opinion 12 plus years and when a local kid raised in Leaf nation who has viewed it and discussed it with many kids thru out the OHL who grew up as Leaf fans. when he states his own personal opinion that he is glad to be a Bruin and not a Leaf, that hate is sent his way.

Leaf nation is so starved to find genuine youth talent they hold Kadri and there prospects to such a high level far to early that it has been detrimental to there development. If I was a die hard Leaf fan and my kid was highly ranked going into a draft in the current environment in Leaf Nation, I would not want him there for his own long term well being.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not trying to turn this in a flame warm. Why is it okay for fans of the Leafs to criticize the horror show the Leaf orginization has been going on in my honest opinion 12 plus years and when a local kid raised in Leaf nation who has viewed it and discussed it with many kids thru out the OHL who grew up as Leaf fans. when he states his own personal opinion that he is glad to be a Bruin and not a Leaf, that hate is sent his way.

Leaf nation is so starved to find genuine youth talent they hold Kadri and there prospects to such a high level far to early that it has been detrimental to there development. If I was a die hard Leaf fan and my kid was highly ranked going into a draft in the current environment in Leaf Nation, I would not want him there for his own long term well being.

Yeah, I mean look at the Leafs...they totally ruined Kadri.

He was on a track to become the next Gretzky and now he is just a fat lazy player with a terrible body fat%.

It's a shame that the Leaf fans ruin their prospects.

-----
I'm actually glad we don't have Hamilton then, we don't need players who don't want to be here. Even if the Leafs went 0-48 this season they are 10x the hockey market the Bruins are. Some players might succumb to the pressure...others like Kadri prove their critics wrong.

Leaf prospects are always criticized in the media here, 24x7. Kadri could have easily let that get to him, but he didn't.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If he does, then I hope the leafs arent stupid enough to retaliate! The leafs cannot afford to fall into Bostons' trap which will be goading us into taking stupid/heated penalties, and then getting powerplays out of it.

Best thing to do is match them hit for hit BUT do not engage in anything after the whistle and no dirty tactics. I say let Boston fly out there without their heads, it will be THEM that looks stupid, don't play their game.

Boston's PP is garbage too. 10.7% and here we thought we had the worst PP in the league.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Guys, instead of responding to troll posts, use the Report button. It just makes clean up harder for us. Thank you.

Go Leafs Go.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Morgan Riely's dad, who is a die hard Leafs fan, was absolutely ecstatic that his son got drafted by the Leafs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Morgan Riely's dad, who is a die hard Leafs fan, was absolutely ecstatic that his son got drafted by the Leafs.

Stamkos when the Leafs were absolute dirt in 2008 was checking the scoreboard everyday and hoped that the Leafs would pick him.

Steve Stamkos, the boy wonder of the Sarnia Sting, wants to be a Maple Leaf. Badly.

"To be a Leaf would be a dream come true," said Stamkos, who already has 80 points in just 46 games. "I idolized the Leafs growing up. I've always been a Leafs fan.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I've checked out the NHL standings. I pay attention to where the Leafs sit. I know they're near the bottom of the standings. The chance of (getting picked by them) definitely is in the back of my mind."

Heck, Morgan Rielly's dad wanted to wear the Leafs jersey that he got when he was drafted.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Stamkos when the Leafs were absolute dirt in 2008 was checking the scoreboard everyday and hoped that the Leafs would pick him.

Heck, Morgan Rielly's dad wanted to wear the Leafs jersey that he got when he was drafted.

Stammer's a good ol' Markham boy from a good family. See him around every so often in the summer but would love to see him in the Blue and White at some point in his career.

Anyways, let's get discussion back on track about the game at hand.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Stammer's a good ol' Markham boy from a good family. See him around every so often in the summer but would love to see him in the Blue and White at some point in his career.

Anyways, let's get discussion back on track about the game at hand.

Funny you should mention Stammer, my sisters friend went to HS with him, they dated briefly and are still good friends to this day. Anyways, not long after he got drafted, apparantly he told her he never wanted to be with the Lightning and always wanted the Leafs to draft him. Great guy apparantly, he likes to rent out the Arms so he and his buddies can party, he even buys ALL his friends a round of drinks too.

lampshade*

Extremely different bruins team right now. No Thornton, Lucic wouldn't step up and defend himself, Chara was non existant in a piss poor defensive effort. If we skate stay out of the box we will win. Would love to see Lucic have another go at Orr but Lucic being a one time 30g scorer and quite honestly less than impressive stats expect him to have someone else fight his battle.

jme009

No.17
Oct 20, 2011
London Ontario
Proposed Lineup Changes?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kulimen-Grabovski-Komarov(I think these three could be a great 2-way line)
Hamilton-Kadri-Frattin(Hamilton is a pretty big guy)
Mclaren-Mcclement-Orr

**Keep Komarov-Kadri-Frattin together and put Mac back with Grabo and Kulimen if ready to play, scratch Hamilton**

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf(Worked pretty well as a shutdown pair last year in my opinion)
Fraser-Franson(They've looked decent...also limits Komiserek's ice time)
Liles-Komiserek(Upgrade on Kostka for a game vs. Boston)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad