Pre-Game Talk: Saturday Feb 2, 2013 Bruins vs Leafs @ ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafspring*

Every thread has some varying degree of comments about this game. So lets get goin on it.

This is a bruins team that is very deep,and complex in many areas of the game.They intimidate with size,and toughness/nasty disposition.They defend well,score well,win face-offs well(extremely well),fight well,hit well,transition well.

You name it they do it well. They intimidate teams consistantly enough to know that its intention is part of their game plan. So with all that being said. They are good most importantly in consistancy in team play.

This is a key game,and Carlyle needs to set the tone,and dictate the game they are good at right back at them.We need the win,and we need to play rotten for 60 minutes.

Discipline is not out the window. We need to play their game better than they do,and i expect lots of fights.Seguin has walked into/left the ACC smirking to many times for my liking,and needs to be keyed on in a big way. If Seguin doesn't walk away pointless bruised/beat this game i'm not satisfied.

Start hard on him/Marchand/Lucic,and away we go for the next 59:59 seconds of the game.Target their top guys and let them come looking for it i say. discipline in my definition for this game is just better than theirs.

Its going to be tough,lets see if this leafs team has the stones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
The team was playing intimidated all last season...Hoping it wouldn't repeat this time around.

Hell, can't beat em on the ice? Just beat em up straight.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Boston just got blown out of the water last night against Buffalo. If Boston next game is against the Leafs tomorrow then best case scenario is no one on the leafs get injured because Boston is going to be passed off and playing the leafs is exactly what they need to regain some confidence.

It is going to be a tough night for the leafs.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Not that Rask is unbeatable...

But I wonder if we might see Khudobin on Saturday.... Rask coming off a pretty ugly performance giving up 7 goals and an .800 sv%.

Would probably give us an edge in net... and hell we'll take whatever we can get against the B's.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
big statement game no doubt.

the mental health of leafs nation is riding on this game.

would be a perfect time for Kessel to score his first three goals of the year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
**** Boston! I am sick and tired of hearing how great they are. I am not going to kneel before them. They can be beaten, and will be beaten.

JMcLeaf

twgvw.gif

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
big statement game no doubt.

the mental health of leafs nation is riding on this game.

would be a perfect time for Kessel to score his first three goals of the year.

I'm just hoping for a win....and that Chara leaves Phil's head attached.:laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It'd be nice to break the old pattern of getting destroyed by Boston.

I suppose one positive is that even if they shut down Kessel around that's not an accomplishment, that's been happening anyways.

Need to be able to beat this team.

Urban Explorer*

We never used to get destroyed by the Bruins. We used to give them trouble before just like Detroit, Ottawa and Montreal. Let's wind the clock back a decade :sarcasm:

FireEverybody*

Not getting smashed 8-0 and everyone making it out with all their limbs still attached to their bodies is a small victory tonight.:laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
As long as they compete, I'm not bothered by the outcome.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
I think Leafs win 4-3 in a shootout. Kessel scores first, Frattin, and Grabovski. Kadri with the shootout winner. Reimer with a 30 plus save performance.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I would take a 2-1 loss if they put in the effort like last night.

Having said that.. I know its early but.. the 3 players in 'that' trade have a total of 1 goal (which too is empty net) between 21 man games played this season. :laugh:

4th hasn't even played in NHL.

PS: I hate that Kessel.gif Looks like we end up losing when it's posted (yea yea.. such jinx are not logical blah blah). Dont post it in GDT.:rant:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm convinced that Boston can send out their farm team dressed in the Bruins jerseys, and we would still be inimidated.

It's psychological hurdle that this club has to get over. We won in Buffalo this week, so anything is possible.

I LOL every time I see that Kessel GIF!

Alflives*

As long as they compete, I'm not bothered by the outcome.

Did you see the Bruins - Buffalo game? The Bruins were the ones who didn't compete. Buffalo (now) has some very tough guys, and the Bruins bullies (Thorton, Lucic etc.) were no where to be seen as a consequence. Are the Leafs' tough enough to compete like Buffalo did? Do the Leafs' have the tough guys to give players like Kessel and Kadri some space? This is the game that will show if the Leafs are a pretender or a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->