Pre-Game Talk: Saturday Feb 2, 2013 Bruins vs Leafs @ ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

You can play on a team that's been good for several years and is likely to remain good or you can play for a team that's been bad for several years and may or may not be getting better (based on who you talk to). Which team would you rather play for?

Depends on the player/person. Some prefer riding on others' back, some prefer putting everything on their own back. See John Tavares.

Kyle Doobas*

You can play on a team that's been good for several years and is likely to remain good or you can play for a team that's been bad for several years and may or may not be getting better (based on who you talk to). Which team would you rather play for?
I don't think anyone's disputing that he should want to play for the Leafs instead of the Bruins. It's just a stupid thing for a young player to say publicly.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
John Tavares is just class. This guy reminds me of a Joe Sakic.

Come to Toronto Johnny boy! When we pull a Miami Heat and pick up Stammer and Tavares, oh I love my dream world.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
GO LEAFS GO! I'd love to see Kessel snap out of his slump in this game! Also, I hope Phaneuf makes sure that Seguin is held pointless and hopefully Phaneuf can step up and help the Leafs in trying to measure up against Boston in terms of physicality.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So this man says he's glad he's not a Leaf? Sorry, but I am glad that you aren't a Leaf.

stafford1.gif

Wow... He has a better diving form than Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I don't think anyone's disputing that he should want to play for the Leafs instead of the Bruins. It's just a stupid thing for a young player to say publicly.

I guess. But he's young. Young people say all kinds of stupid nonsense. I usually pay little or no attention to anything said by people under about 25 or so.

Asif16*

Well with tough guys (Shawn Thornton and Mike Brown) from both teams out, that means there is a higher probability of Colton orr fighting Milan lucic. :D

Asif16*

I also wonder wether or not Carlyles is going to play Komisarek and Mclaren. The defense has played well the last two games and im not sure who Komi would go out for. Franson has played really good. I want to keep fraser in just for this game. Can gunnar possibly be a healthy scratch?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I also wonder wether or not Carlyles is going to play Komisarek and Mclaren. The defense has played well the last two games and im not sure who Komi would go out for. Franson has played really good. I want to keep fraser in just for this game. Can gunnar possibly be a healthy scratch?

Maclaren's a forward and Komisarek has an eye issue. I think he could play but he wouldn't be fighting.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by rojac
I guess. But he's young. Young people say all kinds of stupid nonsense. I usually pay little or no attention to anything said by people under about 25 or so.
Did he say something stupid, or is this just made up crap? Can someone provide a link to the quote?
Hello? Hello?

I thought so.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Did he say something stupid, or is this just made up crap? Can someone provide a link to the quote?
Hello? Hello?

I thought so.

Nothing much there but if you insist: Google 'Ottawasun Dougie Hamilton'

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets
Off day for the leafs. However komisarek, orr and newcomer fraser mcclaren all put in time with barb underhill on the ice. #tmltalk

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Hello? Hello?

I thought so.

Thought what?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/bruins-captain-has-high-praise-for-rookie-hamilton

He was born in Toronto and grew up playing minor hockey in St. Catharines.

But when it comes to the NHL, Dougie Hamilton will take the Bruins over the Maple Leafs in a heartbeat.

“I’m just happy to be here (in Boston) and happy I’m not in Toronto,” Hamilton told the Toronto Sun.

Who can blame him? If you were a 19-year-old defenceman with a team that won the Stanley Cup just 19 months ago and had the chance to play alongside Zdeno Chara, wouldn’t you feel the same?

Of course, he can’t completely escape the Toronto scene.

With friends and family in attendance, the Bruins will visit the ACC next Saturday for a Feb. 2 showdown with the Leafs. Having been selected ninth overall in 2011 with a pick acquired by Boston in the Phil Kessel trade, he can expect to be swarmed by reporters from the moment he arrives at the rink.

Having been through the same experience two years ago, Brampton’s Tyler Seguin, another remnant of the Kessel trade, was asked if he had any advice for Hamilton in handling the Toronto media onslaught.

“You can’t prepare for that,” Seguin chuckled. “How?

“He’ll have fun with it.”

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by Penalty Kill Icing
Nothing much there but if you insist: Google 'Ottawasun Dougie Hamilton'

I stand corrected (though it's one newspaper quoting another, so the sourcing is a little thin).

I have no doubt Hamilton is happy to be in Boston, where he is an instant young God for Bruins fans, and quite possibly he is glad he's not playing for the Leafs. It wouldn't have surprised me to hear he had shared that view with family and close friends -- just kind of surprised he would go public about it in this day of media savvy teams and player agents.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
With Thornton out I'd say the intimidation factor is swayed in the Leafs direction.

Lucic and McQuaid can't take on the Leafs entire team.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Wish guys would keep their big mouths shut. You should be happy to play in the NHL!! I'm happy I'm not in Toronto? What an ass!!!!!!........Glad we don't have him. You have to give it up for guys like Tavares. Never *****ed at all being an Islander.....look how well they're playing now.

JT is on a different level, pure class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->