Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I wonder if Mitchell Miller’s camp has reached out to the sting since North Dakota let him go. Wonder if they are still trying to find a spot for him to play or just giving up and perusing other interests outside of hockey.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I wonder if Mitchell Miller’s camp has reached out to the sting since North Dakota let him go. Wonder if they are still trying to find a spot for him to play or just giving up and perusing other interests outside of hockey.

May end up going back to his old USHL team. Good riddance I don't want that guy on the Sting!

Jim1579

Feb 10, 2015
Me niether, I can’t see anyone giving him a chance even a ushl team.
Do I think his actions were wrong... most definitely!! But to totally push the kid out of hockey because of actions committed as a young immature elementary student is wrong. Give the kid a chance to prove he has changed his ways not ruin his life. I hope the Sting give him a chance for sure

Reactions: Ferda11

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Do I think his actions were wrong... most definitely!! But to totally push the kid out of hockey because of actions committed as a young immature elementary student is wrong. Give the kid a chance to prove he has changed his ways not ruin his life. I hope the Sting give him a chance for sure

He had the chance to prove he has changed his ways when he was mandated to give an apology to the kid he bullied by the courts but he didn't do that while the other boy who was involved broke down in tears apologizing to the boy. He's had four years since the incident to apologize and he hasn't. He's shown no remorse for his actions. So no he doesn't deserve a second chance.

Reactions: NOA and deeferg

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
He had the chance to prove he has changed his ways when he was mandated to give an apology to the kid he bullied by the courts but he didn't do that while the other boy who was involved broke down in tears apologizing to the boy. He's had four years since the incident to apologize and he hasn't. He's shown no remorse for his actions. So no he doesn't deserve a second chance.
I think the fact that he or the family wrote letters to all NHL teams but never apologized or spoke to the victim speaks volumes on the mind set of the kid and those who represent him (family)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Arizona gave up his rights a week after drafting him and North Dakota terminated his scholarship a few days later because of this situation. I can’t see the sting bringing him in. It would make the organization look bad in the hockey community. They don’t need a negative spotlight on them.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I'd take him on Sarnia no problem. Everyone saying he doesn't deserve to play hockey and have a career after doing something stupid at age 14 needs to seriously check their ego.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I'd take him on Sarnia no problem. Everyone saying he doesn't deserve to play hockey and have a career after doing something stupid at age 14 needs to seriously check their ego.
I’d probably take him aslong as he gave a face to face apology to the victim.... But considering an NHL team and NCAA team turned him away already then sarnia brings him in I think sarnia would make head lines across the hockey community and they would all be negative headlines. I don’t think this organization needs that negative attention and The rest of the players don’t need that distraction.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

You're saying you were a racist when you were 14? Or you routinely physically and emotionally bullied special needs kids when you were 14? Also HE HAS NEVER APOLOGIZED TO THE KID. Going to all lengths to defend a racist piece of shit just shows who you are as a person. There's only one person in this thread who needs to look in the mirror, and who would've guessed that it's the grown man who makes his username a ferdaboys joke.... Lol

I think the fact that he or the family wrote letters to all NHL teams but never apologized or spoke to the victim speaks volumes on the mind set of the kid and those who represent him (family)

Exactly. If he had've apologized soon after then you say wow that was messed up but hopefully he's learned from it. The fact he made sure to try to save his career by sending letters to NHL teams (obviously that was from his agent, not him) but never to the actual kid shows he isnt sorry at all and doesnt deserve a 2nd chance.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Wow... haters!!
Did anyone complain when Dany Heatley committed vehicular homicide in 2003 but represented Canada in World championships and olympics in later years?
Did anybody blast Drake Rymsha as a sting when he did an ape imitation to Givanni Smith in front of all of us a few years ago when Kitchener dumped the Sting out of the playoffs?
The kid messed up as a minor (in Canada it wouldn’t be allowed to even publish his name for something done at 14 yrs...)
Golly, we’re so holier than thou. He messed up badly, and didn’t know how to make it right. Perhaps he should have a chance to do so.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
You're saying you were a racist when you were 14? Or you routinely physically and emotionally bullied special needs kids when you were 14? Also HE HAS NEVER APOLOGIZED TO THE KID. Going to all lengths to defend a racist piece of shit just shows who you are as a person. There's only one person in this thread who needs to look in the mirror, and who would've guessed that it's the grown man who makes his username a ferdaboys joke.... Lol

Exactly. If he had've apologized soon after then you say wow that was messed up but hopefully he's learned from it. The fact he made sure to try to save his career by sending letters to NHL teams (obviously that was from his agent, not him) but never to the actual kid shows he isnt sorry at all and doesnt deserve a 2nd chance.

You are exactly what is wrong with society. All aboard the cancel culture train.

You know absolutely nothing about me. Your type are all the same when it comes to someone having a different opinion then you. You have to throw out insults when someone has a different point of view? What a sad life you must live.

What he said and did was wrong, there’s no doubt. Was he racist at 14? Sure sounds like it. Does that mean he’s racist now? Absolutely not. Far worse people who have done far worse things are granted second chances every day. This situation shouldn’t be any different.

What an opportunity the Coyotes or UND had to turn this situation into something good. To have Miller become an advocate for racism and bullying and to show the rest of the world you can change and help make change. They had a chance to rehabilitate Miller and help him learn from his mistakes.

I’ll always believe in second chances so if that labels me as a trash human then so be it.

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
You are exactly what is wrong with society. All aboard the cancel culture train.

You know absolutely nothing about me. Your type are all the same when it comes to someone having a different opinion then you. You have to throw out insults when someone has a different point of view? What a sad life you must live.

What he said and did was wrong, there’s no doubt. Was he racist at 14? Sure sounds like it. Does that mean he’s racist now? Absolutely not. Far worse people who have done far worse things are granted second chances every day. This situation shouldn’t be any different.

What an opportunity the Coyotes or UND had to turn this situation into something good. To have Miller become an advocate for racism and bullying and to show the rest of the world you can change and help make change. They had a chance to rehabilitate Miller and help him learn from his mistakes.

I’ll always believe in second chances so if that labels me as a trash human then so be it.

Dropping the "cancel culture" line is all most people need to know about you as a person. We're not saying he should go to jail, people are saying he shouldn't have the chance to play hockey at a high level where he represents a community/city/town.

Playing hockey at a high level is a privilege, not a right. This kid didn't apologize after everything happened, and even harrased the boy by going out of his way to bike by his house repeatedly. This isn't a guy that anyone should want their young children to look up to.

He can go and get a degree and become a banker, but there is no reason that with so many other skilled hockey players out there who HAVEN'T refused to apologize to a victim they might have abused in the past should be passed over for this asshole.

So getting past all of the name calling in this thread, if we could all just move on and accept that he isn't coming to Sarnia, it's probably the best move for the team both for inner circles as well as PR, then we can just keep talking about normal hockey related topics on this thread, and leaving deeper conversations of bullying and race to those with more experience in the field.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

The Coyotes (message board) is filled with comments that are similar to what you mentioned. Folks should go have a peek.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Wow... haters!!
Did anyone complain when Dany Heatley committed vehicular homicide in 2003 but represented Canada in World championships and olympics in later years?
Did anybody blast Drake Rymsha as a sting when he did an ape imitation to Givanni Smith in front of all of us a few years ago when Kitchener dumped the Sting out of the playoffs?
The kid messed up as a minor (in Canada it wouldn’t be allowed to even publish his name for something done at 14 yrs...)
Golly, we’re so holier than thou. He messed up badly, and didn’t know how to make it right. Perhaps he should have a chance to do so.

Yes
Yes
He has had 4 years to.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Listen, I believe in second chances too but you have to show that you're deserving of that second chance. If Miller had apologized to this kid I would be all for giving him a second chance. Right now Miller hasn't apologized to the kid. If he's goes out and apologizes to this kid personally and understands why what he did was wrong then I'd give him another shot. Until that happens I don't want him on the Sting. Who knows it could a few years until he apologizes or it could be tomorrow. When he does I would welcome him on the team. That's when he could an advocate against bullying and racism.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
The fact that his upward path in hockey has been limited via NHL and NCAA ousting is likely why he has opted to jump the pond and play in Russia. Go where you have a future left.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The fact that his upward path in hockey has been limited via NHL and NCAA ousting is likely why he has opted to jump the pond and play in Russia. Go where you have a future left.
Yeah, Russia is fine with taking those types of players. They've taken Slava Voynov and Brendan Leipsic too. Not surprising at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad