Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019

Jacob Perreault signs his ELC with the Ducks. Congrats to him

Congrats to Perreault but I think this might be bad news for the sting because with this news there’s a good chance Perreault won’t be back next year so I think we need to start think about do we go for it this year or trade Rees and Perreault and half to probably waits another 2 years or so my opinion I think we go for it well we have them because I’m tired of the crowd that keeps saying maybe next year if we have a chance to go for it I say we do I’m tired of waiting and this years sucked so might as well have something to cheer for and maybe it takes a pandemic for the sting to finally win

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Congrats to Perreault but I think this might be bad news for the sting because with this news there’s a good chance Perreault won’t be back next year so I think we need to start think about do we go for it this year or trade Rees and Perreault and half to probably waits another 2 years or so my opinion I think we go for it well we have them because I’m tired of the crowd that keeps saying maybe next year if we have a chance to go for it I say we do I’m tired of waiting and this years sucked so might as well have something to cheer for and maybe it takes a pandemic for the sting to finally win
I think he will be back next year. No reason to rush him, especially since he has lots to learn in the defensive end and without the puck. Just because he signs a entry level contract doesn’t mean he will be playing there next year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I wouldn't panic to much to Perreault signing. He has some glaring holes in his game. Wont make the NHL at 19 with his weaknesses.

I'm of the mindset i wouldnt go all in regardless this yr. I dont wanna trade 4-5-6 picks + Voit, Dann then 2 weeks later the season be cancelled because of Covid.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I wouldn't panic to much to Perreault signing. He has some glaring holes in his game. Wont make the NHL at 19 with his weaknesses.

I'm of the mindset i wouldnt go all in regardless this yr. I dont wanna trade 4-5-6 picks + Voit, Dann then 2 weeks later the season be cancelled because of Covid.

Players play in the nhl at 18 or 19 because they are exceptional.As mentioned,Perrault has a lot of his game to work on.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Seca in the observer then Abercrombie today on the website each made a point to mention they wanna change the culture/way people view them.

Now that could be all talk but i take it that there was alot of self reflection from Hatcher & Co after last year & they wanna fix it.

Also pretty clear Sinclair/Legwand/Hatcher didn't see things the same way. Seen multiple quotes where someone says we have to be on the same page.

*hopefully* this is a positive & they are being legit in what they are saying. We can say what we want about Hatcher but he doesn't take me as a guy who is gonna sit there & accept them sucking for years. Imagine we will see a sense of urgency from them in January/February.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Not sure he get's signed this quick if it wasn't for the pandemic. I could see the Ducks sending him over seas until the start of the OHL, especially since he was snubbed by team Canada. He isn't close to playing in the NHL this year.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Wow! Rees must have been hitting the weight room! From 171 lbs last season to 186 lbs at the World Junior Camp. That's a huge jump!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Eric hjorth stats are not impressive playing for Frolunda J20. He’s tied for 5th in defenceman scoring on the team has the worst plus/minus out of the regular defenceman. And has 38 penalty minutes in 14 games, I can only assume they are mostly slashing and tripping penalties.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Eric hjorth stats are not impressive playing for Frolunda J20. He’s tied for 5th in defenceman scoring on the team has the worst plus/minus out of the regular defenceman. And has 38 penalty minutes in 14 games, I can only assume they are mostly slashing and tripping penalties.
If he doesn't make an impact with the Sting early on in the season they can release him and trade for another import. Obviously, that's not an ideal situation but it could happen.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
No way they release Hjorth. You guys are severely under estimating his skill set and the impact he could have on the Sting this year. He needs to be handled the same way as a Ryan Merkley or Drew Doughty, just let him play his game and don't restrict his offensive ability to skate and move with the puck. He's not ever going to be a stay at home defender..let him roam free and do his thing because that's when he's at his best.

Reactions: StingUpdates

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
No way they release Hjorth. You guys are severely under estimating his skill set and the impact he could have on the Sting this year. He needs to be handled the same way as a Ryan Merkley or Drew Doughty, just let him play his game and don't restrict his offensive ability to skate and move with the puck. He's not ever going to be a stay at home defender..let him roam free and do his thing because that's when he's at his best.
I think he has a good offensive skillset. The Sting just need utilize him correctly which I'm not sure Hatcher will do. His perfect partner would be Reesor but they seem to like playing Reesor with Mast.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Could not agree more. There was a small stretch i wanna say in late November last year where he had confidence & he did some crazy things with the puck. Let Reesor/Stratis/Supryka/Mast be the defensive guys.

Gotta let Hjorth/Nolet roam & do there thing offensively. Hjorth was on a 45+ Point pace as a rookie (after missing the whole previous yr) until they took him off the PP & took away minutes.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Could not agree more. There was a small stretch i wanna say in late November last year where he had confidence & he did some crazy things with the puck. Let Reesor/Stratis/Supryka/Mast be the defensive guys.

Gotta let Hjorth/Nolet roam & do there thing offensively. Hjorth was on a 45+ Point pace as a rookie (after missing the whole previous yr) until they took him off the PP & took away minutes.
As I said before I'm not worried about his skillet. I'm worried that Hatcher won't utilize him properly like last year. He should be a 40+ point D-man next year if they put him back on PP1 and play him with Reesor who could hold down the fort on the defensive end.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
There is no excuse to not have him on PP1 with that cannon of a shot...just poor coaching in my mind. That's been the biggest fault for Hatcher, he just doesn't know how to utilize his players talents.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I agree I’m just saying he’s not doing much offensively over there.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019

I've been absolutely loving all the giving back to the community the Sting have been doing lately. The Pay it Forward campaign they've started is a great initiative, and add in Brayden Guy's Movember campaign? The Sting may not have a history of winning on the ice but man they've been doing nothing but winning off the ice this long, extended offseason.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wouldn't it make sense for Namestnikov to be loaned out to Russia? At least they are playing games there and he can get some in

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The Sting may not have a history of winning on the ice but man they've been doing nothing but winning off the ice this long, extended offseason.

So true, we are so quick to jump on these young men and the teams they play for when they make a mistake. However we are far to slow to recognize their contributions to our communities in so many positive ways. I think this is why I far prefer the Junior game compared to the professional levels of hockey. This is the grass roots level and the game is still somewhat pure at this point?

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019

Attachments

• 6E0F7D1E-423A-4518-9985-F585736BC0E9.png
    6E0F7D1E-423A-4518-9985-F585736BC0E9.png
    797.7 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad