Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Matt Morden (sting 2nd rounder) has committed to Harvard. Really frustrating. We will probably never know but id be really intrigued to know if Sting management knew at the time they drafted him college was a real chance. If so then what a terrible pick.

Yeah just saw that. Really frustrating to see.

Reactions: Stingland

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yet another 2nd round pick wasted what is with are team and 2nd round picks as far as I’m concerned we should just trade are 2nds for better players
Yes very frustrating but he’s also two years away from playing at Harvard he can change his mind especially if we have a contending team. Sarnia had Two guys this year that were already commited to Michigan state leave and sign with the sting. Filak, namestnikov.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Yet another 2nd round pick wasted what is with are team and 2nd round picks as far as I’m concerned we should just trade are 2nds for better players
I hear Kingston is looking to move nick Wong I thing he might be worth a look by us I think he could really improve are 3rd line and I think he would be an upgrade from Hill/Burke/saye just a thought I know he is 19 but he would be an upgrade

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Just an FYI Sarnia Legionnaires said they will not play this season without fans.This would definately affect players that the Sting need to call up.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Sting must feel that it's better for the prospects to develop at home rather than play here.
I saw the USA national junior team evaluation roster yesterday and there are 3 sting prospects on there Josh nodler/ case McCarthy and Mitch Miller would be awesome if the sting could get even one of them to come over

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I saw the USA national junior team evaluation roster yesterday and there are 3 sting prospects on there Josh nodler/ case McCarthy and Mitch Miller would be awesome if the sting could get even one of them to come over

IMO, the one that's most likely to come to the Sting would probably be Michigan State forward Josh Nodler. He's a Flames 5th rounder (without an NHL contract) and the Flames have had recent success with a player from the Sting org. (Ruzicka) Plus the Sting have had recent success getting players and committs from Michigan State to come to the Sting. (Mitch Eliot, Josh Jacobs, Reid Boucher, Max Namestnikov, and Zach Filak) Finally, there's a lot of uncertainty around the NCAA right now. If the Flames want to get a look at this kid this year they may send him to the Sting in order to see if he's worthy of an NHL contract. Of course this would depend on the OHL season starting in December.

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
IMO, the one that's most likely to come to the Sting would probably be Michigan State forward Josh Nodler. He's a Flames 5th rounder (without an NHL contract) and the Flames have had recent success with a player from the Sting org. (Ruzicka) Plus the Sting have had recent success getting players and committs from Michigan State to come to the Sting. (Mitch Eliot, Josh Jacobs, Reid Boucher, Max Namestnikov, and Zach Filak) Finally, there's a lot of uncertainty around the NCAA right now. If the Flames want to get a look at this kid this year they may send him to the Sting in order to see if he's worthy of an NHL contract. Of course this would depend on the OHL season starting in December.
Spot on! I remember seeing Todd Button around the rink 2-3 years ago watching ruzicka. I think nodler will come. Sting have a very competitive team.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Draft day for Perreault! Will be interesting to see where he goes! As a Flyers fan hoping to steal him at 23. Feel he might go 18-22 tho.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Draft day for Perreault! Will be interesting to see where he goes! As a Flyers fan hoping to steal him at 23. Feel he might go 18-22 tho.

Tomisino went 24th overall in last year's draft and most thought he would be gone by then. You just might get your wish with a good group of players all in that range.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Congrats Jacob Perreault!! Taken by the Ducks 27th!

Here's him talking about his shortcomings defensively. Really happy he realizes the issue & is trying to fix it. From what i hear he has put in some serious work this off season.

Gonna set the league on fire.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

This is a joke, right ? We can send 100s of kids to school but your not allowed to throw a hit in hockey.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Congrats Jacob Perreault!! Taken by the Ducks 27th!

Here's him talking about his shortcomings defensively. Really happy he realizes the issue & is trying to fix it. From what i hear he has put in some serious work this off season.

Gonna set the league on fire.

I see the sting put a congrats out to sting prospect Wyatt shingoethe but not Mitch Miller I wonder if the sting are hinting towards something there

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

This is a joke, right ? We can send 100s of kids to school but your not allowed to throw a hit in hockey.

The amount of times this government has contradicted itself with all these guidelines is absurd. No way the NHL GM's are going to want their prospects playing in a league that doesn't hit. So much for being a development league.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
The amount of times this government has contradicted itself with all these guidelines is absurd. No way the NHL GM's are going to want their prospects playing in a league that doesn't hit. So much for being a development league.

League is in trouble either way. NHL GM's might not like it but the league will not exist financially if guidelines not followed. There has been that movement to eliminate checking for some time even though i dont agree with it. Self distancing shouldnt be a problem at Sting games as the crowd isnt that big anyways.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I have very little hope we see a season unfortunately. Especially with whats going on in the Q (idiots). Super unfortunate cause i think we would've had a really good team.

No idea how these leagues are gonna do drafts if there aren't seasons.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I have very little hope we see a season unfortunately. Especially with whats going on in the Q (idiots). Super unfortunate cause i think we would've had a really good team.

No idea how these leagues are gonna do drafts if there aren't seasons.

Draft Lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad