Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
but lets pack 800 kids in GLSS starting in 2 weeks...lol
Main reason why im not overly hopeful a season happens. Alot of Billet families have younger children who will be going to school. Gotta think over the course of a yr some of those kids will get it & that'll lead to a player getting it.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Hjorth running Sweden's under 20 PP with guys like Raymond/Holtz (projected top 10 picks) but yet he got taken off of are PP entirely. Lol.

Eric has 3 Assists in 2 games so far! From a clip I've seen he looks quite a bit more filled out.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Did anyone fill out that survey the Sting sent out to season ticket holders?

Obviously if its a necessity u gotta deal with it but i dont love the idea of pre determined games u would be allowed to attend. Not like there's 4000 season ticket holders. At best its 1700-2000.

Reactions: The Howler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Obviously if its a necessity u gotta deal with it but i dont love the idea of pre determined games u would be allowed to attend. Not like there's 4000 season ticket holders. At best its 1700-2000.

Can you elaborate on the survey and what the proposals were?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017

Ya, I filled it out. Looks like the team is aiming at pretty much what Windsor Spits published a couple months ago... they’re looking to at least temporarily reassign season ticket seats to accommodate possible distancing requirements.
Also generally testing the water among fans.
Either way, I’m screwed until the border opens up. Can’t get to Sarnia, no-how, no-way, and don’t see that changing for at least 3 or 4 more months, and lucky if that happens.
Still, not sure how the league can operate in any event, without jeopardizing Erie, Flint & Saggy, if the border remains closed.
Likely to be lots of losers and few winners as this mess progresses.
Cheers!!

Reactions: Finster8

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Since the OHL is planning to start in December. Are all the players coming to sarnia this month or staying home until November/December? Jw how it works with the high school kids, do they go to another school then switch to sarnia in November or do they do it all online?

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Since the OHL is planning to start in December. Are all the players coming to sarnia this month or staying home until November/December? Jw how it works with the high school kids, do they go to another school then switch to sarnia in November or do they do it all online?
It'll be all online. They won't want to risk any players getting Covid at school.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

I remembering hearing somewhere that the kids in High School are to sign up to do their classes online and stay home until its closer to the season start date. I would assume the kids that are out of school are just staying home until the same time.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It sounded like a December start might have Erie, Flint, Saginaw playing amongst each other to start if the border is still closed.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Geci played for HC Slovan Bratislava today. He was wearing #97 in white. The link for the game is in the tweet above

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Geci played for HC Slovan Bratislava today. He was wearing #97 in white. The link for the game is in the tweet above

I imagine he was a year or two younger than 90% of the guys out there correct? I liked his game, plays hard at both ends, showed some skill. Definitely looked skinnier and a tad weaker/slower than some of the guys. Probably due to being younger.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I imagine he was a year or two younger than 90% of the guys out there correct? I liked his game, plays hard at both ends, showed some skill. Definitely looked skinnier and a tad weaker/slower than some of the guys. Probably due to being younger.

They were playing the Slovak U20 team but yeah he still was younger than most of the guys out there.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
He was the second youngest player in the game, the youngest being D Šimon Nemec (2004-born). All the other guys were born in 2002 or sooner, so yeah, Géci (2003) only played against one or two years older players, except for one.

How did he look? I caught a few shifts in the first period at work, couldn't get a good enough look.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
How did he look? I caught a few shifts in the first period at work, couldn't get a good enough look.
Didnt play alot. Would prefer if he was getting good ice time but on the other hand practice every day vs men should help him a bit.

When he did play i was pretty impressed by how tenacious he is physically. 2 big hits where he sent a dude flying & he looks like a great forechecker.

Didnt have many chances offensively. Skating looks good (maybe even a tad better than when we took him)

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Robinson in the conclusion of this article said this,

"Early in the scouting season I had a team scout say that there is a world where Perreault ends up as a top 5 player in the 2020 draft crop."

Robinson went on to say he thought this wasn't impossible but it was a best case scenario.

He said this encouraging piece later on,

"I'm becoming more and more convinced that the outcome predicted back in September isn't just fairytale dreams, but a plausible outcome for an extremely dangerous offensive player. There are warts here. There will be a need for polishing. But if he can manage to overcome the lack of explosive speed, he has the weapons to thrive in a top six NHL role."

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

ICYMI, yesterday the OHL announced some important dates for the 20-21 season:

- Training camps open November 15
- Exhibition games will be the weekends of November 20-22 and 27-29
- Regular Season will start on December 1 and end on April 29
- Trade Deadline will be on February 10, 2021
- Playoffs go from May 2 to June 14
- Memorial Cup will be held from June 17-27
- 2021 OHL Priority Selection will go on Saturday, May 8
- 2021 U-18 Draft will take place on Wednesday, May 12

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

ICYMI, yesterday the OHL announced some important dates for the 20-21 season:

- Training camps open November 15
- Exhibition games will be the weekends of November 20-22 and 27-29
- Regular Season will start on December 1 and end on April 29
- Trade Deadline will be on February 10, 2021
- Playoffs go from May 2 to June 14
- Memorial Cup will be held from June 17-27
- 2021 OHL Priority Selection will go on Saturday, May 8
- 2021 U-18 Draft will take place on Wednesday, May 12

64 games in give or take 150 days. Gonna be some busy busy stretches. Depth will be huge i think. Especially in net.

Be interesting to see if there will be more midweek games than a usual season.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
64 games in give or take 150 days. Gonna be some busy busy stretches. Depth will be huge i think. Especially in net.

Be interesting to see if there will be more midweek games than a usual season.

The depth in net may be why we saw them sign Anson Thornton.

I think they'll be more midweek games this season and a good amount of 3 in 3's.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Matt Morden (sting 2nd rounder) has committed to Harvard. Really frustrating. We will probably never know but id be really intrigued to know if Sting management knew at the time they drafted him college was a real chance. If so then what a terrible pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad