Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Did I miss something? I keep seeing that you are pecilling in Nagra on D. I know he played Jr A last year but thought he was heading to college (??) Did something change ??
Ya kennette commited to NCAA out of tier 2 junior a, I don’t see anywhere that Nagra has committed anywhere. I think he will be a depth Defencemen next season for sarnia

Reactions: dansk55

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I’d grade it as extremely long; likely running until January, possibly until September 2021.
Ontario seems to be doing a great job keeping the virus under control. Having USA teams throws a wrench into things for sure. Would be a shame if because of the 3 USA teams, the entire season is delayed till September 2021. Perhaps there is a solution where those 3 USA teams can play in Ontario cities like Belleville, Brantford or Brampton. It would be tough, however, I think it can be done. I have no clue what different cities will do in terms of arena occupation numbers or mandatory masks ect.... Id have no problem wearing a mask in the arena, would be weird but id do it. lol It wouldn't matter to Sarnia much they play in a half-empty barn with quiet fans all the time.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

It will be a 64 game regular season. It's scheduled to start December 1st and go until April 29th. Memorial Cup is going to be from June 17-27. (Obviously in Oshawa or the Soo)

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
and now they will be playing in half empty barn with half of that amount of fans! Unless the NHL funds the OHL, this the season will soon be over.
That's exactly what they are waiting for. If the NHL doesn't pony up then they have to cancel the season. The success of the bubble and the playoffs in the NHL is encouraging . Obviously the junior leagues can't survive without ticket sales.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
After the OHL announced their return to play yesterday I wanted to know in your opinion who are going to be the top teams in the league next year?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
After the OHL announced their return to play yesterday I wanted to know in your opinion who are going to be the top teams in the league next year?

There's a lot of extra uncertainty with the state of the world and how it will impact signings and guys making the jump to pro.

I think you see the following teams take a few steps forward - SSM, Windsor and Sarnia - SSM will take a big leap if they host mem cup via trades.

Teams that will stay neutral to their 2019/2020 seasons- Saginaw, Erie, Guelph

Teams that will take a small step back but still be playoff teams - London, Kitchener

Teams that take a large step back and struggle to make the playoffs - Flint and Owen Sound

I can't really speak to the Eastern conference but I'd assume Ottawa falls back a decent amount. NB and Kingston SHOULD be on the rise. Oshawa should be sitting pretty at the top all year.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
There's a lot of extra uncertainty with the state of the world and how it will impact signings and guys making the jump to pro.

I think you see the following teams take a few steps forward - SSM, Windsor and Sarnia - SSM will take a big leap if they host mem cup via trades.

Teams that will stay neutral to their 2019/2020 seasons- Saginaw, Erie, Guelph

Teams that will take a small step back but still be playoff teams - London, Kitchener

Teams that take a large step back and struggle to make the playoffs - Flint and Owen Sound

I can't really speak to the Eastern conference but I'd assume Ottawa falls back a decent amount. NB and Kingston SHOULD be on the rise. Oshawa should be sitting pretty at the top all year.

I agree with pretty much all of this but I think that Owen Sound will be fighting for a playoff spot because of their goaltending. Also Saginaw depends a lot on whether Perfetti returns to the Spirit next season.

In the East I agree with you on the four teams you mentioned. Another contender in the East this year should be Mississauga. I would expect Barrie to be right behind the Steelheads in the East and I expect Hamilton to be fighting for the 4-6 seeds with Kingston and Ottawa. North Bay I think will be the 7th seed this year. Niagara, Peterborough, and Sudbury I expect to be at the bottom of the East.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Wow!!
Hopefully his play has improved to the point that he makes the team and can really contribute to the Sting.
Based on last year’s performance, I wouldn’t have anticipated this.

Coaches need to loosen the reigns on this guy. He was held back and his confidence took a big hit with the poor coaching and the way they handled him. He should be quarterbacking the PP with the shot he possesses. His skating defiantly needs improvement though. I expect a big year.

Last edited:
Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Nice little piece on Cam Supryka. Sounds like he is really putting in work this off season. One of the players I'm really excited to see once we (hopefully) start.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Nice little piece on Cam Supryka. Sounds like he is really putting in work this off season. One of the players I'm really excited to see once we (hopefully) start.

Poor kid will be in for some mega disappointment if this team is coached anywhere near the way it was last year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Poor kid will be in for some mega disappointment if this team is coached anywhere near the way it was last year.
Haha yah. Hopefully Hatcher is willing to adjust his system. Maybe the new ASST coach will help with that.

I like what Supryka can bring. Better skater, passer than Kammerer was. Are transition game should be really good this yr with Nolet, Hjorth, Supryka & not like Stratis, Mast are bad at it either.

Combined with are ridiculously fast forwards we should play at a super high pace.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Interesting part of Seca's quote
- Anson has worked extremely hard to put himself in the position to play in the Ontario Hockey League.

Wonder if at all that means we see Langevin moved & Thornton backs up Gaudreau. Nice to have some depth regardless of what they do

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019

Interesting part of Seca's quote
- Anson has worked extremely hard to put himself in the position to play in the Ontario Hockey League.

Wonder if at all that means we see Langevin moved & Thornton backs up Gaudreau. Nice to have some depth regardless of what they do

I believe he and Gaudreau also trained together before we even took him. Very interesting indeed. As long as we have solid goaltending that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad