Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I believe he and Gaudreau also trained together before we even took him. Very interesting indeed. As long as we have solid goaltending that's all that matters.

They played together on the East Coast Selects for the WSI tournament too. Francesco Arcuri and Jack Beck were also on that team if I remember correctly

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Interesting part of Seca's quote
- Anson has worked extremely hard to put himself in the position to play in the Ontario Hockey League.

Wonder if at all that means we see Langevin moved & Thornton backs up Gaudreau. Nice to have some depth regardless of what they do

I find it interesting that the Sting signed Thornton without even seeing him at any sort of camp. Palazzese probably played a big part in the signing since Thornton goes to his goalie school

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Langevin could be gone, this guy had good stats in AAA the sting goalie coach and their scouts love him. Suppose to be very athletic and just hit a big growth spurt and stands around 6’3 now. Could be a steal in the U18 draft

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
If Thornton is truly ready, I'm okay with letting Langevin go. The net is clearly Benny's moving forward and Langevin has more than proven that he's capable of being a solid goalie as he's kept the Sting in so many games they had no business being in. Might be able to get a decent draft pick or two, who knows.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Langevin could be gone, this guy had good stats in AAA the sting goalie coach and their scouts love him. Suppose to be very athletic and just hit a big growth spurt and stands around 6’3 now. Could be a steal in the U18 draft

The kid is a solid goalie and will be a great backup to Gaudreau but he is just touching 6'0.....nowhere near 6'3. Played for Don Mills at about 5'9 and very slight but he is quick as hell and has good hands. Langevin is way ahead of him as of today but if you are handing the net over to Gaudreau it is a smart play to move him and should get you some draft picks

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
As u guys are saying if he is OHL ready it just makes sense to move Langevin. I like him quite a bit but its the smart move.

Gives Langevin a chance for more starts somewhere else, too.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wonder if the Soo might look at someone like him to split with Malik?

.871 save % in 36 games and .878 save % in 43 games the last 2 years. Wouldn’t Soo be looking for someone who saves the puck a little more consistently than that in a “win now” year?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Maybe. I expect Malik to get most of the starts, and I think Langevin is better than his stats indicate. But yeah, maybe. Just spitballing.

Reactions: Ferda11

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
As u guys are saying if he is OHL ready it just makes sense to move Langevin. I like him quite a bit but its the smart move.

Gives Langevin a chance for more starts somewhere else, too.

My guess would be he gets traded to Kingston or Peterborough. Kingston needs another goalie to split games with Dugas next season while Peterborough needs a starting goalie as they only have Tye Austin right now. Either way Langevin would be getting more games than he would if he stayed with the Sting this year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Will say they better be 100% confident Thornton is OHL ready because with the season starting so late & them wanting to play 64 games there is gonna be a ton of 3in3 weekends & probably 5 games in 7/8 days type weeks.

So having 2 reliable goalies is massive. You don't wanna over work your starter & risk fatigue/injury by playoffs.

Also why having a deep team should be super beneficial. Don't gotta ride top guns 20+ mins a night.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The kid is a solid goalie and will be a great backup to Gaudreau but he is just touching 6'0.....nowhere near 6'3. Played for Don Mills at about 5'9 and very slight but he is quick as hell and has good hands. Langevin is way ahead of him as of today but if you are handing the net over to Gaudreau it is a smart play to move him and should get you some draft picks
The sarnia scouting staff/gm said in the paper he just hit a growth spurt and is standing just under 6’4.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I figured Langevin wouldn't want to be playing back up going into this year so this move doesn't surprise. You can't not give Gaudreau the reigns this year and let him run with it. Langevins numbers have been dictated by a horrible Sting defense and do not do his talent any justice. Feel for him for sure. Hopefully someone gives him the opportunity.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
The sarnia scouting staff/gm said in the paper he just hit a growth spurt and is standing just under 6’4.

If that is the case, I’ve got to get all my boys on that plan.....it happens though , Alex Formenton was drafted last as he was about 5’8 and came back a year later at 6’2

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
G-Hawks add big blueliner with OHL experience

Belleville, ON, Canada / Quinte News
David Foot
Aug 21, 2020 10:40 AM
unnamed-scaled.jpg

Marko Jakovljevic of the Sarnia Sting. Photo by Aaron Bell/OHL Images
Another experienced defenceman is joining the Trenton Golden Hawks.
The team announced Friday the signing of 6’4” 210lb blueliner Marko Jakovljevic, who has spent the last three seasons with the Ontario Hockey League’s Sarnia Sting.
The 20 year-old from Brampton says he was tipped off to Trenton by G-Hawks captain Griffen Fox and is looking forward to joining the team for the start of the season.
Head Coach and GM Peter Goulet says the new addition will bring leadership and skill to his team’s back-end.

Reactions: dansk55 and Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Great teammate on&off the ice & could throw some mean hands in a fight haha.

All the best to him!

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
G-Hawks add big blueliner with OHL experience

Belleville, ON, Canada / Quinte News
David Foot
Aug 21, 2020 10:40 AM
unnamed-scaled.jpg

Marko Jakovljevic of the Sarnia Sting. Photo by Aaron Bell/OHL Images
Another experienced defenceman is joining the Trenton Golden Hawks.
The team announced Friday the signing of 6’4” 210lb blueliner Marko Jakovljevic, who has spent the last three seasons with the Ontario Hockey League’s Sarnia Sting.
The 20 year-old from Brampton says he was tipped off to Trenton by G-Hawks captain Griffen Fox and is looking forward to joining the team for the start of the season.
Head Coach and GM Peter Goulet says the new addition will bring leadership and skill to his team’s back-end.

7 D returning & plus any rookies.Sting needed to get a bit younger back there.Good luck Marko.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So defence next season:

Reesor-Stratis
Hjorth-Nolet
Supryka-Mast
Dillingham

Extra's: Nagra, Eveleigh.

Really solid DCore just not alot youth on it. Really need to sign Morden next off season + Draft a few in the higher rounds.

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020
So defence next season:

Reesor-Stratis
Hjorth-Nolet
Supryka-Mast
Dillingham

Extra's: Nagra, Eveleigh.

Really solid DCore just not alot youth on it. Really need to sign Morden next off season + Draft a few in the higher rounds.
Eveleigh has signed with Elmira Sugar Kings so will be playing Jr. B this year. Definitely a good prospect for the Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce