Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I feel like Supryka will be a good addition. I always like to look at the other team's trade announcement to see how their fans feel about it and there were quite a few people upset. One person said "Wow so you trade the one defenseman who tries every night." I love seeing that because that's exactly what the Sting need on the back end. Effort.
Read somewhere he was there best Dman on many nights. Sounds like he is close to breaking out. Hopefully that's this upcoming season for us. Really like adding a Dman who can really skate. Should help alot.

Import draft up next. Sinclair was money at those so hopefully Seca can pick up where Nick left off. Really need an impact Centre. Obviously with everything going on in the world it does become even more of a ?? On if they'll come.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Read somewhere he was there best Dman on many nights. Sounds like he is close to breaking out. Hopefully that's this upcoming season for us. Really like adding a Dman who can really skate. Should help alot.

Import draft up next. Sinclair was money at those so hopefully Seca can pick up where Nick left off. Really need an impact Centre. Obviously with everything going on in the world it does become even more of a ?? On if they'll come.
I hear we are close to signing a new assistant coach

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia closing in on an assistant coach almost guarantees Hatcher is back. No way u go sign an assistant if your gonna go find a HC shortly after.

Hopefully he is gonna change his ways.. if not it'll be another long season.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
So they promoted Staubitz to "Associate Head Coach"...what the hell does that mean?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So they promoted Staubitz to "Associate Head Coach"...what the hell does that mean?
Ya not entirely sure what that means lmao. Obviously gonna give Mancari a shot but i really wanted someone with COACHING Experience. Now we got another guy who has 1 whole yr with coaching experience.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Ya not entirely sure what that means lmao. Obviously gonna give Mancari a shot but i really wanted someone with COACHING Experience. Now we got another guy who has 1 whole yr with coaching experience.

They likely don’t currently have the budget for an experienced coach .
All the moves that have been made lately like Legwand moving to a different role and Hatcher staying on suggest they are battening down the hatches . That’s likely the way things are going to be for the foreseeable future .
You’ve got to wonder if Sinclair moved on because he was asked to take less money .

Reactions: The Howler

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
They likely don’t currently have the budget for an experienced coach .
All the moves that have been made lately like Legwand moving to a different role and Hatcher staying on suggest they are battening down the hatches . That’s likely the way things are going to be for the foreseeable future .
You’ve got to wonder if Sinclair moved on because he was asked to take less money .
Josh nodler invited to the 2020 USA world junior summer showcase team

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
OHL trade reprise - Welcome to Hockey News North

Seca added that the exchange of defensemen fills a need for both Sarnia and Hamilton.

“It kind of came by chance that they were looking for a right handed defenceman and we were looking to help our left side,” Seca pointed out. “Obviously Colton Kammerer is a player that has done everything right. But really, this trade was just a good fit both ways.”

Reactions: GoFronts

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sort of getting the vibe this is becoming a bunch of buddies running the team. Could be totally wrong but all the hires (Staubitz, Mancari, LaRose) are former NHLers who have only been retired for a short time.

Not saying i hate it or like it. Just the vibe im getting. Shifting focus, import draft is 1 week away. See who we take & what Seca says when it comes to the player coming over

Reactions: deeferg

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sort of getting the vibe this is becoming a bunch of buddies running the team. Could be totally wrong but all the hires (Staubitz, Mancari, LaRose) are former NHLers who have only been retired for a short time.

Not saying i hate it or like it. Just the vibe im getting. Shifting focus, import draft is 1 week away. See who we take & what Seca says when it comes to the player coming over
We have been good with getting the compuware kids to report. This should only make it easier to sign them. Seca better take a forward in the import.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Just finished watching Mitchell Miller highlights and maaaaan I want him to come over so bad. He's committed to the University of North Dakota but depending on which team takes him in the draft they might want him to come here. Here's hoping, he looks like such a good player and would help out our blueline so much.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Just finished watching Mitchell Miller highlights and maaaaan I want him to come over so bad. He's committed to the University of North Dakota but depending on which team takes him in the draft they might want him to come here. Here's hoping, he looks like such a good player and would help out our blueline so much.

Funny you say that. I was just watching the same thing lol. He would be a huge add for the team. Hopefully the recent staff additions will help persuade him to come over. Let's just hope the Wild don't pick him or we will never see him come.

Reactions: GoFronts

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Funny you say that. I was just watching the same thing lol. He would be a huge add for the team. Hopefully the recent staff additions will help persuade him to come over. Let's just hope the Wild don't pick him or we will never see him come.

I feel like our chances should be decent depending on the team. NCAA is more up in the air as to what their season is going to look like so maybe more teams send their guys up here.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I feel like our chances should be decent depending on the team. NCAA is more up in the air as to what their season is going to look like so maybe more teams send their guys up here.
If that’s the case it’s doesn’t really matter if he comes to help us win, Every other team will be loaded with US talent. I’d feel so bad for all the canadian kids that deserve to play in this league being released for American kids to play.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
If that’s the case it’s doesn’t really matter if he comes to help us win, Every other team will be loaded with US talent. I’d feel so bad for all the canadian kids that deserve to play in this league being released for American kids to play.
So I hear Gens updates said that Ottawa is releasing Marco Rossi and will be making to picks on Tuesday and he will be elligable for the draft so maybe we could see us take him which would be a huge add for us

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Miller/Nodler/Schingoethe. 3 guys I've been saying for years would be huge adds.

Behrens is absolutely ridiculous as well. Many have him top 10 in next years draft. Getting any of the 4 + the import would make us a legit contender.

Also Rossi leaving a back 2 back 50 win team to join us seems highly unlikely. Odds are he is going pro over there before going to the NHL in 1 of the next 2 years.

Reactions: Ferda11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad