Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
what a joke this organization is. THE TOTAL OPPOSITE of what should happen. Unbelievable. Officially not renewing my season tickets. Enough of this bush league organization.

Reactions: dansk55

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
what a joke this organization is. THE TOTAL OPPOSITE of what should happen. Unbelievable. Officially not renewing my season tickets. Enough of this bush league organization.
I still think Hatcher will sell or follow legwand off the bench. Seca said they are continuing to look for the right people who are dedicated to winning to fill the open roles. I think it would look funny if both Owners stepped off the bench at the same time with nobody in line to fill their roles.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I still think Hatcher will sell or follow legwand off the bench. Seca said they are continuing to look for the right people who are dedicated to winning to fill the open roles. I think it would look funny if both Owners stepped off the bench at the same time with nobody in line to fill their roles.

Certainly possible, but would be weird to go out of their way in a Legwand announcement to add that Hatcher will be staying in the same role and then again saying that Hatcher is excited going forward in the last paragraph of the release, just for him to quit a week later

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Certainly possible, but would be weird to go out of their way in a Legwand announcement to add that Hatcher will be staying in the same role and then again saying that Hatcher is excited going forward in the last paragraph of the release, just for him to quit a week later
Doubt it would be a week later, but what’s he suppose to say I’m not excited about this?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Doubt it would be a week later, but what’s he suppose to say I’m not excited about this?
If I'm trying to get him out, I would definitely not mention him (let alone twice) in a Legwand announcement that had nothing to do with him. Have the last paragraph be Seca talking about how he's excited going forward. But they gave the last paragraph to a Hatcher quote. Again, it's possible that he's out but that would seem weird after that announcement where they mentioned twice in 4 short paragraphs that he's having the same role and is excited about it going forward

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

That makes no sense. There has been a public out cry for Hatcher to be removed from the bench. Why would the organization piss off it's fan base even more and announce Legwand before Hacther? I bet Legwand removed himself because he is too embarrassed to be on a bench with Hatcher. If Hatcher is staying on the bench, i would have done the same thing as Legwand. Seca can say whatever he wants but we all know he will be yet another "yes man" to ownership.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
That makes no sense. There has been a public out cry for Hatcher to be removed from the bench. Why would the organization piss off it's fan base even more and announce Legwand before Hacther? I bet Legwand removed himself because he is too embarrassed to be on a bench with Hatcher. If Hatcher is staying on the bench, i would have done the same thing as Legwand. Seca can say whatever he wants but we all know he will be yet another "yes man" to ownership.
I’m just saying I don’t believe anything the management says. They could make it sound like Hatcher is the coach next year but that could easily change in a month. I Remember Sinclair saying to the media how sure they were they could get weiss to report and made it sound Like it was a done deal. Still waiting to see weiss play. I’m just saying who knows what’s going on behind the scenes and things can change quick.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It's one thing for Legwand to step off the bench. I personally am fine with that part. But for them to mention Hatcher then have him make the closing statement is infuriating.

They also mentioned Staubitz so he must be staying too which annoys me.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Eric hjorth did an interview with Columbus blue jackets a few days ago. He said he wants to get more reliable in his own end and get faster and make his 1st couple steps quicker. Atleast he knows and can admit his weaknesses, I hope he works on them and improves them.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
It's one thing for Legwand to step off the bench. I personally am fine with that part. But for them to mention Hatcher then have him make the closing statement is infuriating.

They also mentioned Staubitz so he must be staying too which annoys me.
I still think Hatcher maybe stepping down because in Secas comment he said we will be looking for the right people and not person and if u read his comment the sting highlighted when he said the right people which is curious why they would do that and also they only shared Secas quote

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Legwand takes role as Sting's president of hockey operations

This whole article makes it seem like Hatcher is 100% coming back especially the last part. "Derian’s ready to go. They’re excited for this change, too, in a good way. I think it’s a real positive thing.”

As i mentioned before they also say Staubitz is returning which pisses me off. So the only thing we've addressed is are offensive coach which was the only thing that looked like they worked on throughout the season.

I refuse to give Hatcher a chance. He blew it last season. 0 adjustments all season, terrible line management, terrible player management, terrible goalie management. The way he handled Berka was a joke. This might be worst case scenario.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

How much do you want to bet that is not the case?

I wish I had the energy to go through the past seasons to see how much people opinions changed of Hatcher over the last couple years. I know mine has. What I would like to know, how many poster's in here have actual information on why Legwand made this change as well as why Nick left? The reason I ask that is no post in here has had that information. The perception of this whole situation from a fan's point of view is that Hatcher has been the issue. But that is only perception and may not be the truth. We all know this past season, the kids gave up. They didn't play to their abilities and that is a coaching issue. IMO, this was the most skilled bad team the Sting have ever dressed. But is that coaching issue only on Hatcher. I guess next season we will find out more. (If there is one.)

Reactions: Stingland

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
i wouldn't call it public outcry. More like fans of Sarnia Sting.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
How much do you want to bet that is not the case?

I wish I had the energy to go through the past seasons to see how much people opinions changed of Hatcher over the last couple years. I know mine has. What I would like to know, how many poster's in here have actual information on why Legwand made this change as well as why Nick left? The reason I ask that is no post in here has had that information. The perception of this whole situation from a fan's point of view is that Hatcher has been the issue. But that is only perception and may not be the truth. We all know this past season, the kids gave up. They didn't play to their abilities and that is a coaching issue. IMO, this was the most skilled bad team the Sting have ever dressed. But is that coaching issue only on Hatcher. I guess next season we will find out more. (If there is one.)
I think people liked him at the start because of the teams success but for me it started in the series vs Kitchener where he mase 0 adjustments & it cost us the series.

As I've put in here before i was told by someone that would 100% know Hatcher is a terrible communicator & doesn't work at the details of the game. Which is huge in Jr hockey. Also everyone sees how poorly he manages the lines/pairings/goalies/rookies.

Reactions: BoxerMax

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I think people liked him at the start because of the teams success but for me it started in the series vs Kitchener where he mase 0 adjustments & it cost us the series.

As I've put in here before i was told by someone that would 100% know Hatcher is a terrible communicator & doesn't work at the details of the game. Which is huge in Jr hockey. Also everyone sees how poorly he manages the lines/pairings/goalies/rookies.

This may be the reason that some draft picks won't report because their families can see Hatcher does not know what he's doing. :baghead:

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Just throwing this out there, I am just wondering if anyone sees the chance of a second Hatcher on the bench. I have heard nothing just a thought.There are now 2 Hatcher boys in the wings.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
If I'm trying to get him out, I would definitely not mention him (let alone twice) in a Legwand announcement that had nothing to do with him. Have the last paragraph be Seca talking about how he's excited going forward. But they gave the last paragraph to a Hatcher quote. Again, it's possible that he's out but that would seem weird after that announcement where they mentioned twice in 4 short paragraphs that he's having the same role and is excited about it going forward
Under the current circumstances where there may be no fans in the stands in the fall it was likely impossible for Hatcher to sell out .
The team likely will be bleeding red ink for the next few years as some fans may be afraid to go to the rink . That’s also probably the reason Legwand has assumed a new role to save money for the owners .
The fans also have less leverage on the team to make a coaching change if there is a limit of fans per game or none at all are allowed to attend .

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Just throwing this out there, I am just wondering if anyone sees the chance of a second Hatcher on the bench. I have heard nothing just a thought.There are now 2 Hatcher boys in the wings.

0% chance. They know they need to find a coach that can coach today's players.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
0% chance. They know they need to find a coach that can coach today's players.
If it is another Hatcher it won’t be one of Derian’s sons it will be his brother. More skilled of a defenceman than Derian was and he has also helped coach in the honeybaked AAA program for a few years which is the premier Michigan AAA team. So one would think hes got some experience on developing players.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
If it is another Hatcher it won’t be one of Derian’s sons it will be his brother. More skilled of a defenceman than Derian was and he has also helped coach in the honeybaked AAA program for a few years which is the premier Michigan AAA team. So one would think hes got some experience on developing players.
Yah and the Big D did well in philly midget system. how'd that turn out? If you want to turn this around, you actually need a coach who is not the owner. Can't think of one owner coach bottle washer who has done all things well.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yah and the Big D did well in philly midget system. how'd that turn out? If you want to turn this around, you actually need a coach who is not the owner. Can't think of one owner coach bottle washer who has done all things well.
Haha I didn’t say he “should” be the coach, I was replying to a post that was asking if it was possible that one of derians son’s could step on the bench with him. All I said was that it’s more probable that his brother joins him on the bench before his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad