Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Haha I didn’t say he “should” be the coach, I was replying to a post that was asking if it was possible that one of derians son’s could step on the bench with him. All I said was that it’s more probable that his brother joins him on the bench before his son.
I see OHL teams can make trades again I wonder if we will do anything considering we have a bunch of forwards

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I see OHL teams can make trades again I wonder if we will do anything considering we have a bunch of forwards

I could see more players being released then traded. Guys who could be out of a spot (Jacko, Saye, Burke, Dillingham, Hill) won't fetch hardly anything at all.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
I could see more players being released then traded. Guys who could be out of a spot (Jacko, Saye, Burke, Dillingham, Hill) won't fetch hardly anything at all.

I'd like to think Hill has earned a spot on this team. But the other guys that you mentioned are probably gone. Add Mack to that list though. No way we bring him back over Bitten/Roth/Stratis.

Just way too many bodies on this squad.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sounds like there will be a move but not with one of the guys u mentioned.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hill will probably be playing on the third line next season. I’d keep Dillingham as a depth defenceman. If not he could easily be traded for a later round draft pick he will not be released. Jacko is definitely released. Saye and burke will be fighting hard for a spot. But will either be traded or released.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sounds like there will be a move but not with one of the guys u mentioned.

This team is on a roll of pissing off it's fans, so they will probably trade Rees or something lol.

And i agree on Hill, i still think there is more to his game then we've seen. Comes down to confidence and playing time/opportunity for him. Just wouldn't surprise me to see his name included in trade talks.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
This team is on a roll of pissing off it's fans, so they will probably trade Rees or something lol.

And i agree on Hill, i still think there is more to his game then we've seen. Comes down to confidence and playing time/opportunity for him. Just wouldn't surprise me to see his name included in trade talks.

If Rees was to be traded, it should have happened last season at the deadline. Now, depending how this season goes if there is one, I would hope if they are not in a position to win at the deadline that guys like Rees are moved.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If Rees was to be traded, it should have happened last season at the deadline. Now, depending how this season goes if there is one, I would hope if they are not in a position to win at the deadline that guys like Rees are moved.
I wouldn’t of moved rees last season, mcgregor and josling should of been the ones to go and that’s pretty much it. If they aren’t a contender this upcoming season, I’d trade rees, roth and stratis at the deadline.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

I know many of us fans (informed hockey folks) want to see either a team go all in or sell off appropriate pieces. Couple of things I think us fans fail to appreciate:

I don’t think getting the tar beaten out of you every night is always the best way to have your “Yutes” develop? Marissa Tomei was so frickin hot in My Cousin Vinny. Not sure why this is relevant exactly? :huh:

Not all teams can risk alienating their fan base this way and expect to have support moving forward? A strong club (fan support wise) like the Ice Puppies for example will still draw well even though the on ice product is horrendous. A team who is struggling to put butts in the seats already has to be more appreciative of their fickle seat buying support IMO?

Marissa Tomei was so frickin hot ...... sorry distracted again. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Saggy and dirty12

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Haha I didn’t say he “should” be the coach, I was replying to a post that was asking if it was possible that one of derians son’s could step on the bench with him. All I said was that it’s more probable that his brother joins him on the bench before his son.
the worst thing that could ever happen is Hatch Jr. coach defence

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Would This be a trade we could get excited for?

I feel like at this point anything hockey related would get me amped up and excited haha.

I don't know why but I feel like it's Ryan Roth getting moved, if something does happen of course.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
No idea how I feel about this trade, seem like similar defenceman, I hope Seca or one of the scouts really see something in supryka.

Same. We will just have to wait and see at this point. Saw a few clips of Supryka, he looks pretty mobile and confident straddling the blue line. Numbers alone from last year show more offensive upside then Kammerer. I'll reserve my judgment on this trade til after 34 games.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
No idea how I feel about this trade, seem like similar defenceman, I hope Seca or one of the scouts really see something in supryka.

Kammerer had requested a move. You’re right that they’re a very similar player. Both hoping a change of scenery kick starts their career into pro options

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
As Gens said Kammerer wanted some more ice time going into this upcoming season & didn't think he'd get it here.

Seems like a pretty even swap. I Supryka seems like a great skater with a bit more offensive upside than Kammerer but still managed to be a +1 on a mediocre HAM team.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Potential pairings next year:

Reesor-Nolet
Hjorth-Stratis
Supryka-Mast
Dillingham

Still confident in the group with a proper system. Supryka should add an extra guy who can skate it up & pass well which is nice. Potentially run PP2.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Potential pairings next year:

Reesor-Nolet
Hjorth-Stratis
Supryka-Mast
Dillingham

Still confident in the group with a proper system. Supryka should add an extra guy who can skate it up & pass well which is nice. Potentially run PP2.

I feel like Supryka will be a good addition. I always like to look at the other team's trade announcement to see how their fans feel about it and there were quite a few people upset. One person said "Wow so you trade the one defenseman who tries every night." I love seeing that because that's exactly what the Sting need on the back end. Effort.

Reactions: BoxerMax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad