Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Is this team really that bad? I don't think so. However, they are damn good at losing games. And, losing the game late too. So far this season, the Sting at 2-9 in one goal games. The have also lost 3 games by 2 goals where the opponent scored and empty net goal. A bounce here and there, the goalie doesn't mishandle the puck and they could be sitting in a playoff spot.
Yes, and many of those losses were during the absence of #39. If he’s in the lineup, the season looks a bit different. Still not good enough to be top 4 in the conference, but at least competitive.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Is this team really that bad? I don't think so. However, they are damn good at losing games. And, losing the game late too. So far this season, the Sting at 2-9 in one goal games. The have also lost 3 games by 2 goals where the opponent scored and empty net goal. A bounce here and there, the goalie doesn't mishandle the puck and they could be sitting in a playoff spot.
I believe so... Sarnia enters every game with a big disadvantage in the fact they are a very poorly coached team. When you're a mediocre team but a well coached team, you can over come that and be a pretty good team.... When you're a mediocre team but are poorly coached, you can't over come that and more than likely will be a bad team. As long as Hatcher is behind the bench, Sarnia will always start any game with a disadvantage.

Reactions: Lenka

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
On paper Guelph is not much better than Sarnia. The difference is GUE plays with great structure & discipline. Obviously Daws has been amazing which helps but we saw it when we played them.. There entire tean has bought in to a tight checking, aggressive style.

If this team had any structure we'd be sitting in 7th with a chance for 5thor6th. We can score with almost anyone, are goaltending is solid & are PP is elite. Are attention to detail & overall defence just kills us. Every. Single. Game.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Since we play tomorrow may as well do my predictions now ~

5-4 Sarnia (Regulation)
7-3 Kitchener
6-3 Windsor

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Owen Sound 5 Sting 2
Rangers 7 Sting 3
Windsor 5 Sting 2
Boy I sure hope I'm wrong on all 3

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'd start Gaudreau in Owen Sound & Give Langevin Kitchener. Whoever plays better gets Windsor on Sunday.

I'd also give O'Donnell a try at 2C with Perreault.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
OS 4-3 OT
KIT 6-3
WSR 4-3 Reg

Aside from our optimistic friend Tone, the rest of us haven't picked Sarnia more then 2-3 times to win in the last 11-12 games.....

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Dear god what a pitiful f***ing performance in a must-win game. I have low expectations for this team but this actually caught me off guard. To come out like THAT is a disgrace.

Don't even know why I'm excited for the draft because if this is are coaching staff next year we are equally as f***ed as we are right now.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It seems impossible to come out of a game without having 1 single positive to come away with. That was tonight.

We generated nothing.
We defended like garbage.
Gaudreau was OK (shoulda had 2nd)
PP looked horrible.
PK looked like a disaster.
4on4 we looked lost.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Dear god what a pitiful ****ing performance in a must-win game. I have low expectations for this team but this actually caught me off guard. To come out like THAT is a disgrace.

Don't even know why I'm excited for the draft because if this is are coaching staff next year we are equally as ****ed as we are right now.

Look no further than your bench boss

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019

Lucky. Thought he may get 12-15 games. This has to be the last times he does this.

At this point we should just tank and try for the #1 pick but if the sting want to keep there fans after a rough year like this and they want to go for it next year they need to do something big this summer

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
At this point we should just tank and try for the #1 pick but if the sting want to keep there fans after a rough year like this and they want to go for it next year they need to do something big this summer
Based on the remaining schedule, the team may tank, whether it wants to or not.

Reactions: Stingland

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
honestly, Sarnia has been the worst run organization in the OHL. If the fans are still here after 20 years of patheticness .... they will still be around for 1 year of tanking. The change this summer that Sarnia needs is the coach to step down.

Reactions: Lenka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad