Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Hit was not even close to be fine.He deserves 10 games since he was already suspended.Totally uncalled for.Thus the reason I referred to him as a hot head in early posts.Great hockey skills except for those when it comes to his hits.I dont mind players playing with an edge but.

We like the reviews when we get the call for us.Dont like when they go against us.
Far as I’m concerned they can give him the rest of the season off. The year is screwed; may as well just tank for best possible draft picks.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Not one single player in this league goes out of their way to actually try and head check someone to cause injury. Your delusional if you think different.

I’m assuming most people on here have never played hockey at a high and fast competitive level. So easy to sit in the stands or behind a screen and make your judgements without knowing what it’s like to be in a position like Rees was.

The Erie player had the puck as Rees was going in for the hit. Rees has his arms in tight to his chest as he went in for the hit. Rees feet are both on the ice as he makes contact. The momentum of the hit after contact brings his feet off the ice (literally every hit this happens). Initial contact was chest then momentum carried to the head by Rees shoulder. No doubt he got him up high. But let’s not pretend the Erie player shouldn’t have his head down crossing into the middle of the ice. Poor awareness on his part and poor timing for Rees to make a hit.

I don’t condone head contact by any means but I find it ridiculous that people think players go out of their way to intentionally hurt someone. Until your in a position like Rees was, you’ll never understand or know just how fast and the split second decisions can change.
Sorry but his feet were at least 6 inches off the ice when he hit the guy. By rule, that’s Charging. Exploding like that will result in head contact 99 times out of 100. Not like he was some 6-foot-4 guy hitting a 5’-10”, where accidental head contact is more likely... this one was gonna be nasty the minute he left his feet.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Really quite good. I know he came here with the reputation as being pretty good offensively but a bit of a defensive liability... on our team, he may be our best defender!!
Are there conditions on the pick to raise it to a 3d with performance :)

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Not one single player in this league goes out of their way to actually try and head check someone to cause injury. Your delusional if you think different.

I’m assuming most people on here have never played hockey at a high and fast competitive level. So easy to sit in the stands or behind a screen and make your judgements without knowing what it’s like to be in a position like Rees was.

The Erie player had the puck as Rees was going in for the hit. Rees has his arms in tight to his chest as he went in for the hit. Rees feet are both on the ice as he makes contact. The momentum of the hit after contact brings his feet off the ice (literally every hit this happens). Initial contact was chest then momentum carried to the head by Rees shoulder. No doubt he got him up high. But let’s not pretend the Erie player shouldn’t have his head down crossing into the middle of the ice. Poor awareness on his part and poor timing for Rees to make a hit.

I don’t condone head contact by any means but I find it ridiculous that people think players go out of their way to intentionally hurt someone. Until your in a position like Rees was, you’ll never understand or know just how fast and the split second decisions can change.
Im gonna respectfully disagree... Like it or not there are guys that intentionally try and hurt guys, like you say, things happen very fast and sometimes emotions get the better of a player and they do something with malicious intent. Not saying thats what happened here but, it definitely happens more than you may think. These guys are some of the best athletes in Canada, they have been playing hockey all their lives and they know exactly what they are doing with their bodies. Agree, sometimes its simply an accident, but a lot of the time it's done on purpose.
I am not going to assume what Rees was thinking or what his intent was but, he is a hazard on the ice and other players should be aware when he's on the ice and protect themselves because he has proven he cannot control himself. He's like an old person driving, sure, they don't mean to cause accidents but, they still cause accidents.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Not even the smell of French fries and poutine can mask the stench of what’s on the ice these days

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Not even the smell of French fries and poutine can mask the stench of what’s on the ice these days
If you ever wanted to see what it looks like when a team quits ... check out Sarnia right now.... Could you imagine what it would be like if our Goalies quit too. Hatcher needs to step off the bench asap.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Perreault 24 Goals in his last 27 games.. What a shot he has. He & McGregor putting the team on their back today..

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gonna guess i wasn't the only one who fully expected to lose once Hill put us ahead 3-2. Back 2 back nights we should have all the momentum in the 3rd & implode..

PP was a joke going 0/6 & to top it off the PK allowed 3 goals.. Have 0 hope we will win more than 7 games the rest of the way.

But hey we get to watch McGregor & Josling finish off their careers as members of the Sarnia Sting instead of getting picks! Haven't wanted a season to end faster than this in sometime.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Gonna guess i wasn't the only one who fully expected to lose once Hill put us ahead 3-2. Back 2 back nights we should have all the momentum in the 3rd & implode..

PP was a joke going 0/6 & to top it off the PK allowed 3 goals.. Have 0 hope we will win more than 7 games the rest of the way.

But hey we get to watch McGregor & Josling finish off their careers as members of the Sarnia Sting instead of getting picks! Haven't wanted a season to end faster than this in sometime.
Did the organization even ask those two if they wanted to finish off their career in sarnia or be traded and have a shot at yuh know winning?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

My exact words to my buddy beside me once we went up 3-2....”I wonder how we are going to f**k up this lead tonight”.

This team is extremely predictable. Should have stayed home and watched the Oilers game.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Maybe throw out a few players who don't treat the front of the net like a pool of burning lava on the pp? 0 for 12 but these donkeys don't try anything new. Brutal! Can we get a houseleague level coach at least?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017

Regarding wins for the rest of the season, I predicted 9, maybe 10, prior to this weekend. Got zero of those this weekend. I guess I’m the “rose colored glasses guy”!!??
2-18 without Rees... and counting...

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Looking at are schedule... oof... Even if Rees was healthy idk how many games we win.. here's how it breaks down.

Home:
Windsor
Saginaw
London
Windsor
Kitchener
Flint
Flint
Greyhounds
Guelph
OS Attack
Erie
Kitchener
London

Away:
OS Attack
Kitchener
Windsor
North Bay
Sudbury
Windsor
Soo
Kitchener
London
Saginaw
Guelph

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Looking at are schedule... oof... Even if Rees was healthy idk how many games we win.. here's how it breaks down.

Home:
Windsor
Saginaw
London
Windsor
Kitchener
Flint
Flint
Greyhounds
Guelph
OS Attack
Erie
Kitchener
London

Away:
OS Attack
Kitchener
Windsor
North Bay
Sudbury
Windsor
Soo
Kitchener
London
Saginaw
Guelph
I honestly don't see us winning more than 4or5 games... The 2nd worst team we play is Owen Sound... Gonna be a rough 2 months...

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I honestly don't see us winning more than 4or5 games... The 2nd worst team we play is Owen Sound... Gonna be a rough 2 months...
I know!!! Last Monday morning I said 9, maybe 10, but that included a win or two this weekend that didn’t happen, plus no Rees suspension. It’s getting to be really tough going to these games...

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

He sounds completely defeated. Not even hating like most of us have been for a month now, But he just sounds totally done. Also sounds like he questions the work ethic of a few guys.

Also annoys the hell outta me that he chirps the goaltending. Sure at times they could have been better but when your giving up the amount of shots & chances they do i expect the goalie to get a little fatigued & allow a softie. They've been perfectly fine.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

He sounds completely defeated. Not even hating like most of us have been for a month now, But he just sounds totally done. Also sounds like he questions the work ethic of a few guys.

Also annoys the hell outta me that he chirps the goaltending. Sure at times they could have been better but when your giving up the amount of shots & chances they do i expect the goalie to get a little fatigued & allow a softie. They've been perfectly fine.

Hey coach...maybe the players have no confidence in you. Just a thought.

Reactions: dansk55

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I am sure Berka will give the Sting a good review.lol
Not sure how the import draft works really, sarnia has their first round import pick on their roster and their second round pick leaves. Which opens up a spot. To me they should only be able to pick in the second round. Can someone explain the rules to me?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
He’s chirping forwards, defense and goalies, and frankly he’s right. The all could be, and have been, better.
I’ve said many times... forwards make a mistake, it’s a missed opportunity - no big deal. Defense makes a mistake, it’s a great scoring chance for the other guys. Goalies make a mistake and it’s on the scoreboard. By nature of the role, goalies have to be great all the time. In a one goal game, the difference between winning and losing is that one more or two more great saves that you do or don’t make.
Not putting blame on our tenders, they’ve been good. But not great. Remember, between than, they have a grand total of 85 OHL appearances.
And, oh yeah, team defense is brutal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille