Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Certainly you’re right. Wouldn’t be a “contender” but would be in the playoffs.
I think we'd be right with Flint at 46 points who is only 4 back of 5th Guelph which is right where most of us thought we'd finish (4th-7th)..

Now all that said we'd still be utterly screwed in the playoffs with how we play D but at least we wouldn't be last.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ugly first Erie goal...no screen, no tip, right in between gaudreaus arm and torso, he probably wants that one back

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol what the hell is Rees doing. first game back in the biggest game of the year and he does that? Guy is simply a boneheaded player. smh.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Lol what the hell is Rees doing. first game back in the biggest game of the year and he does that? Guy is simply a boneheaded player. smh.

Seriously trade him over the summer. As my old paps would say "Great hands but s*** for brains". We don't need a part time player. Just brutal.

Sent from my iPhone.

Reactions: Stingland

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Thankfully, it is still very early in the season and Sarnia was good for 7 games so that means were still in it.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Rees hit was fine by my vantage point. Celestin didn’t even look like he was going to call it at first. Calm down with the trade Rees bs. This stupid review crap is a joke. Is there anything you can’t review? Just kills the game. If you aren’t capable of making the right call in the moment then don’t be a referee. Simple.

Playoffs are not happening folks. This team can’t win.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Rees hit was fine by my vantage point. Celestin didn’t even look like he was going to call it at first. Calm down with the trade Rees bs. This stupid review crap is a joke. Is there anything you can’t review? Just kills the game. If you aren’t capable of making the right call in the moment then don’t be a referee. Simple.

I know if you trade rees we probably won’t see playoffs until 2022 or 23 lol

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Unreal. To me it looked like Rees jumped & clearly hit the Erie player high as his nose was mangled.. Its unacceptable. The team needs him to have success & he continuously shoots himself in the foot with utter stupidity.

The season is over. That effort in the 3rd was embarrassing in a must win game. Gaudreau was good. He should of had the 2nd goal but it was still an Erie player all alone (shocker) at the Face-off circle with time & space to shoot. He played especially well in the 3rd.

This is the game where i officially give up on them for the season. Best player is suspended yet again, had all momentum heading into 3rd & laid a total egg. 3rd overall pick is all locked up

Reactions: dansk55

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Unreal. To me it looked like Rees jumped & clearly hit the Erie player high as his nose was mangled.. Its unacceptable. The team needs him to have success & he continuously shoots himself in the foot with utter stupidity.

The season is over. That effort in the 3rd was embarrassing in a must win game. Gaudreau was good. He should of had the 2nd goal but it was still an Erie player all alone (shocker) at the Face-off circle with time & space to shoot. He played especially well in the 3rd.

This is the game where i officially give up on them for the season. Best player is suspended yet again, had all momentum heading into 3rd & laid a total egg. 3rd overall pick is all locked up
Well since you're giving up on the season I Guess you can't comment on here again or this forums personal bouncer, Bobby Gore, will get ya.
Definitely agree Rees launched himself at the guy .... just so stupid. Everyone talks about Hatcher being our dirtiest player but its Rees by a mile.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

I don’t know. Sarnia surely has a tougher schedule but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them out finish Niagara and Barrie and a full Sting roster is scarier than a full Greyhound roster too unless Malik is just lights out.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I think we'd be right with Flint at 46 points who is only 4 back of 5th Guelph which is right where most of us thought we'd finish (4th-7th)..

Now all that said we'd still be utterly screwed in the playoffs with how we play D but at least we wouldn't be last.
if we only had reesor and rees...

Reactions: massey

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I don’t know. Sarnia surely has a tougher schedule but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them out finish Niagara and Barrie and a full Sting roster is scarier than a full Greyhound roster too unless Malik is just lights out.
I dont know with complete certainty but i believe if we finish 10th we pick 3rd at worst.

No idea what this draft class looks like, all i know is there is alot of US kids ranked pretty high.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I dont know with complete certainty but i believe if we finish 10th we pick 3rd at worst.

No idea what this draft class looks like, all i know is there is alot of US kids ranked pretty high.
Actually, I think you’re right. 4 non-playoff teams pick first, no matter the points. If that’s wrong, I’m sure someone will chime in soon.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

The hit was not fine. Left his feet and hit him right in the head. Rees being a repeat offender (8 games for hit to head of Coskey that broke his jaw then 6 games for hit to head of Logan Morrison that knocked him out) and I can't see this being any less than 10 games

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
2-17 with Rees out/not finishing the game. Wonder how the next 10 will go with him out?

By the way, Hjorth had a pretty decent game tonight!!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
2-17 with Rees out/not finishing the game. Wonder how the next 10 will go with him out?

By the way, Hjorth had a pretty decent game tonight!!
I thought individually all the D actually played half decent. Stratis another solid game i thought. Nolet-Mast was solid.

I think it's hilarious we trade Tabak & the reasoning is because the young kids behind him need ice time but we sit are 2nd rounder (O'Donnell) for Jakovljevic a 19 yr old Dman lol. What a stupid season.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I thought individually all the D actually played half decent. Stratis another solid game i thought. Nolet-Mast was solid.

I think it's hilarious we trade Tabak & the reasoning is because the young kids behind him need ice time but we sit are 2nd rounder (O'Donnell) for Jakovljevic a 19 yr old Dman lol. What a stupid season.
The list of stupid stuff associated with this team this year is never-ending. Stupid plays on the ice, stupid trades, strange decisions as to who plays and who sits... it goes on and on. I frankly am going to each game wondering how they will screw it up this time.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’m going to change my prediction for tonight’s game.

Sudbury 7 Sarnia 3

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
The hit was not fine. Left his feet and hit him right in the head. Rees being a repeat offender (8 games for hit to head of Coskey that broke his jaw then 6 games for hit to head of Logan Morrison that knocked him out) and I can't see this being any less than 10 games

Such a dirty hit. He basically charged at him just to hit him. Unacceptable.

If it were an Erie player hitting a Sting/Storm/Greyhound i'd still say the same. There's no need for this in the league. I'm an advocate for finishing the checks and making big (clean hits) but my gosh Hunter was at the middle of the blue line without the puck at the time of the hit.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

That was ugly - exactly what everyone wants/needs out of the game. I agree given history that is double digits.

Reactions: OttersFan

massey

Sep 5, 2012

Hit was not even close to be fine.He deserves 10 games since he was already suspended.Totally uncalled for.Thus the reason I referred to him as a hot head in early posts.Great hockey skills except for those when it comes to his hits.I dont mind players playing with an edge but.

We like the reviews when we get the call for us.Dont like when they go against us.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Not one single player in this league goes out of their way to actually try and head check someone to cause injury. Your delusional if you think different.

I’m assuming most people on here have never played hockey at a high and fast competitive level. So easy to sit in the stands or behind a screen and make your judgements without knowing what it’s like to be in a position like Rees was.

The Erie player had the puck as Rees was going in for the hit. Rees has his arms in tight to his chest as he went in for the hit. Rees feet are both on the ice as he makes contact. The momentum of the hit after contact brings his feet off the ice (literally every hit this happens). Initial contact was chest then momentum carried to the head by Rees shoulder. No doubt he got him up high. But let’s not pretend the Erie player shouldn’t have his head down crossing into the middle of the ice. Poor awareness on his part and poor timing for Rees to make a hit.

I don’t condone head contact by any means but I find it ridiculous that people think players go out of their way to intentionally hurt someone. Until your in a position like Rees was, you’ll never understand or know just how fast and the split second decisions can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad