Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Do we have the worst Import situation in the league, or what? Even by our own crappy standards ( Helt, Kodola, etc. ) we have always had at least ONE Import making an impact. Yaki, Goldobin, Zacha, Ruzicka, Hugo ... always one contributor. This year is a disaster of huge proportions.
BUT—— If this season goes as it appears to be heading, AND we get some sort of Euro scouting, could draft a real impact player this summer...

Last edited:

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
So what makes you think another GM would want to buck up for him if he is always injuried. If we were going to just give him away at give away values then we made the right desicion. I agree that not getting rid of Josling and McGregor makes no sense.
Id bet some GM would take a gamble on him. Lol obviously you don't give him up for nothing. I was more just wondering what we could have got for him.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Do we have the worst Import situation in the league, or what? Even by our own crappy standards ( Helt, Kodola, etc. ) we have always had at least ONE Import making an impact. Yaki, Goldobin, Zacha, Ruzicka, Hugo ... always one contributor. This year is a disaster of huge proportions.
BUT—— If this season goes as it appears to be heading, AND we get some sort of Euro scouting, could draft a real impact player this summer...
I think people are way way to hard on Hjorth. Im gonna assume it's because he was drafted so people had sky high expectations..

He is Top-20 in points for a Dman in the entire OHL. He nearly doubles the 2nd dmen on Sarnia for points..

He clearly has issues defensively but on this team who doesn't? He didn't play at all last season due to a major knee injury. It takes a long time before you get back to 100% after major stuff with your legs.

He is a good passer, his skating seems to be improving as each month passes & he has a cannon of a shot. I woulda left him on PP1 but Stratis has been fine there as well. We let alot of other guys off the hook because of poor Coaching he shouldn't be any different.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Is interesting how well the Rees' know her. Tells you how much he has been hurt unfortunately..

Her & Spence (other trainer) are really well liked by all the guys which is nice to see/have.

Let's hope Rees can get back soon. He is one of the most dynamic players in Sting history & it would be a huge shame if we only get to see him 35 times a yr. When he plays we look like an entirely new team.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I think people are way way to hard on Hjorth. Im gonna assume it's because he was drafted so people had sky high expectations..

He is Top-20 in points for a Dman in the entire OHL. He nearly doubles the 2nd dmen on Sarnia for points..

He clearly has issues defensively but on this team who doesn't? He didn't play at all last season due to a major knee injury. It takes a long time before you get back to 100% after major stuff with your legs.

He is a good passer, his skating seems to be improving as each month passes & he has a cannon of a shot. I woulda left him on PP1 but Stratis has been fine there as well. We let alot of other guys off the hook because of poor Coaching he shouldn't be any different.
All you say is very valid, but I’d think the team should draft more of a “sure thing” in the first round with the kind of pick that we had. IMO someone like Hjorth would be a second round pick

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Since the Sting didn't recoup hardly any picks to make a run next year, they will need to find a stud in the import draft as well as hope some of the Americans come over. Only way I can see us making any noise.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Since the Sting didn't recoup hardly any picks to make a run next year, they will need to find a stud in the import draft as well as hope some of the Americans come over. Only way I can see us making any noise.
yup ..... need those second round picks...

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
i am amazed that we keep asking about Reesor as our saviour. He is one player, who has been hurt since sometime in summer so who knows how effective he will be even if he returns this year, I would rather he be 100 per cent than risk injury

Reactions: Stingland

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Last 10 second round picks.

Justin O'Donnell
Alex Hogue
Ryan McGregor
Aidan Hughes
Jordan Kyrou
Noah Bushnell
Alex Renaud
Tony DeAngelo
Garret Hooey
Peter Disalvo

O'Donnell should be a good one but other then McGregor, DeAngelo and Kyrou......yikes.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
When is Reesor returning? He will be a huge boost for the Sting on the back end
Sinclair when talking about the deadline said Reesor is still out "indefinitely" followed it up by saying he is week 2 week. At this point let's just hope the kid can get back at some point. Terrible break for him.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Last 10 second round picks.

Justin O'Donnell
Alex Hogue
Ryan McGregor
Aidan Hughes
Jordan Kyrou
Noah Bushnell
Alex Renaud
Tony DeAngelo
Garret Hooey
Peter Disalvo

O'Donnell should be a good one but other then McGregor, DeAngelo and Kyrou......yikes.
Lol honestly, our first round picks are just as bad....

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Lol honestly, our first round picks are just as bad....
Not sure about that..
Gaudreau
Perreault
Rees
Weiss (idiotic pick)
Chmelevski
Chychrun
Korostelev
Hargrave
Kujawinski
Galchenyuk

Pretty happy with 8 of those 10. Hargrave was a bust, but at least we traded him for a bunch of picks & we should have never taken Weiss. Hard to complain about any of the other ones. I believe all were NHL Drafted also (other than Hargrave) obviously Perreault going this yr.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It's just a huge shame for Reesor. Whether your on the boat of he woulda been a major help or that he wouldn't have changed much..

18 with a chance at being drafted & he might miss the entire season. Feel for the kid. Especially considering the issues were his back & then mono. 2 shitty things to deal with.

Reactions: robp1219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad