Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Swap out Bitten for Tabak, I guarantee Tabak would produce more on the 2nd line then Bitten can/has.

Reactions: Texcanuck

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Its going to be a struggle to trade the OA's. I agree Sudbury probably out of the pic.Maybe Kooy. He sure hasnt proved himself as worth a lot of high picks. I think again its going to be a year where we r too late in deciding and asking to high of prices and we will be stuck with the O/A's with bare cupboards for picks and rookies not dressing because we have way too many forwards
I totally disagree that it would be a struggle to trade high end OA’s like McGregor and Josling .
In this league the teams that decide to go for it at trade deadline typically go all in . Doesn’t seem to matter if long time players get moved or not to make this happen.
If management of one these team’s perceives that aquiring one of these players is an upgrade on what they have they make the move .
Don’t have to look much further than what the Sting have done in the history of the franchise at the trade deadline .
. They have made many ill advised moves trying to go for it . This happens routinely in this league .

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019

If Hatcher is out long term this wouldn't be a bad addition. Would be a real boost to the middle-6.

Agreed I would also like to see Degurse get a shot he is playing extremely well with the legionaries and I think his intensity would really help

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
SAG 6 SAR 4
NIA 5 SAR 2
ER 5 SAR 3

sorry fellas, thinking we are going 0-3 this weekend.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Remember when all off season some people were coming on here saying the team was gonna move & the owners no longer wanted anything to do with the team? So much for that!

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
What in the ever living H*ll was that!?!?!? The WORST Defensive performance i have ever seen in my life. Good lord. They owe Langevin & Gaudreau dinner for the next week. Embarrassing.
We really need to do something about r defence this is ridicules we can’t keep going like this we score 8 goals and we still lose no excuse this team would be fairly good if we could play D I’m not saying go great a great D man but we got to do something if we could win a good amount this month with teams being short with guys at the world juniors We could be in a good spot in the standings

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
These owners just have to realize they can’t coach, especially hatcher. Just be owners that show support and put money into the arena and organization and try to convince Americans to come over that’s all, keep staubitz as an assistant or strength and conditioning coach. And bring in proven head and assistant coaches. Keep Sinclair for now

Reactions: jp88

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
These owners just have to realize they can’t coach, especially hatcher. Just be owners that show support and put money into the arena and organization and try to convince Americans to come over that’s all, keep staubitz as an assistant or strength and conditioning coach. And bring in proven head and assistant coaches. Keep Sinclair for now
I am just lost when it comes to what "structure" we are trying to play... we fall back way to far & allow guys to walk in uncontested to take shots from the slot..

We don't cover the slot especially when the puck is behind are net. We don't cover the point men they have all day to decide what they wanna do & we dont even try to move forwards screening are goalie.

So what is are system!?! We don't have one. This isn't all on the D either, the Forwards are cheating so hard at the blue line & getting walked around. They aren't back checking at all & when they do they get beat to the net. It's embarrassing. I seriously dont even wanna watch tomorrow.

Reactions: Stingland

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
This is what sucks about having your owners as a coach. How do you fire yourself? Sorry fellas, we’re stuck with this coaching staff whether we like it or not.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Coaches[edit]
List of Coaches
Multiple seasons in parentheses.
· 1994–95 D.Boyd, R.Brown, M.Hunter
· 1995–96 Mark Hunter (5)
· 1996–97 Jos Canale
· 1997–99 Mark Hunter (5)
· 1999–2000 Mark Hunter, Rich Brown (3)
· 2000–01 Rich Brown, Jeff Perry
· 2001–03 Jeff Perry (4)
· 2003–04 Jeff Perry, Greg Walters
· 2004–06 Shawn Camp (2)
· 2006–2010 Dave MacQueen (4)
· 2010–2011 Dave MacQueen, Trevor Letowski
· 2011–2013 Jacques Beaulieu
· 2013–2015 Trevor Letowski (2)
· 2015–present Derian Hatcher
Here is a list of the coaches we have had with limited success , so where is the problem. People are saying get a new coach, apparently history tells us that is not the answer.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
While i agree about the coaching staff being underwhelming so far i will say some of this is on Sinclair.. i think we were all in agreement Sarnia desperately needed to draft a Dman in the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft in April & we didn't take are first one until the 6th round!

The 2018 draft we took Dillingham in the 4th & didn't draft a dman again until the 9th round..

The 2017 draft is the draft where he went heavy on Dmen & Hogue ended up a bust, Kammerer hasn't taken next step & Reesor hasn't played a game. Throw in 2 US guys who haven't come.

So while it is on Hatch/Legwand/Staubitz, Sinclair hasn't supplied them with great Dmen. You need to take guys high in the draft & groom them into elite defenceman. We haven't done that. Even in the import draft. Hjorth is the only Dman we've taken in that draft since 2012!

Reactions: deeferg

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
While i agree about the coaching staff being underwhelming so far i will say some of this is on Sinclair.. i think we were all in agreement Sarnia desperately needed to draft a Dman in the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft in April & we didn't take are first one until the 6th round!

The 2018 draft we took Dillingham in the 4th & didn't draft a dman again until the 9th round..

The 2017 draft is the draft where he went heavy on Dmen & Hogue ended up a bust, Kammerer hasn't taken next step & Reesor hasn't played a game. Throw in 2 US guys who haven't come.

So while it is on Hatch/Legwand/Staubitz, Sinclair hasn't supplied them with great Dmen. You need to take guys high in the draft & groom them into elite defenceman. We haven't done that. Even in the import draft. Hjorth is the only Dman we've taken in that draft since 2012!
Look at London. They've taken 19 Dmen in the first 5 rounds/import draft in the last 5 Drafts. 14 of them became OHL Players.. some really good, some not. But you get my point. During that time we've taken 9 Dmen & 4 of them haven't played a game in Sarnia.

The 5 that have are Kammerer, Hogue, Dillingham, Reesor & Hatcher.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Look at London. They've taken 19 Dmen in the first 5 rounds/import draft in the last 5 Drafts. 14 of them became OHL Players.. some really good, some not. But you get my point. During that time we've taken 9 Dmen & 4 of them haven't played a game in Sarnia.

The 5 that have are Kammerer, Hogue, Dillingham, Reesor & Hatcher.
I feel that if the sting could trade Hjorth the would solve about 50% of are defensive problems it seems like every other odd man rush goal against us he the one getting caught he doesn’t hit he doesn’t clear guys from in front of the net and he thinks he can just join the play in the O zone every time and I’d say about 75% of the time he dose that he gets caught people keep saying he needs time to adjust but here we are 27 games in and it seems like he’s only getting worse no more excuses he has to be better or gone if this team wants a chance at playing good defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad