Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
We have Shaw tv in Sarnia & they use to show all the Soo home games on their community channel.They only show a few now but not tonights game vs Sting.The next game on the guide i see is vs Sudbury.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I think we are going to get embarrassed tonight. Hang on fellas!

Very strange game tonight. If not for the goaltending, you would have been right.

Brkin was horrendous. The Sting had very limited offensive zone time, but they capitalized on chances and virtually every shot went in.

Langevin played the best game I have ever seen from him. There was a 10 minute stretch where the puck never left his end and he stopped a never ending cavalcade of odd man rushes. That's the best offensive performance the Greyhounds have had all season even if it didn't show on the scoresheet. He was that good.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Not really a stat you wanna see but for some reason it works for us lol. Maybe when teams are peppering us with shots it makes them ease off a bit defensively? Are goalies sure do step up tho that's forsure.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Langevin not only faced 45 shots tonight he got ran over 4 times & was slow to get up a few times. I think I'd give him the day off. Whoever goes might be under siege. 3in3 with a good amount of travel..

This is where we are really missing Hatcher. That kind of play doesn't happen if he's on the ice. Credit to Marko and Kammerer for tuning two of the offenders.

Reactions: jp88

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau starting. Burke in for Voit. Everything else the same.

Solid opening period. Gaudreau looks sharp & Bitten gets on the board. Flint playing a little more fiesty today with Hatcher out..

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddangler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Decided to go to the game today. The building is virtually empty. Seen more fans at a beer league playoff game

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I dont know if I've ever seen a team give up more 3on2s / 4on2s then the Sting have today & there is still 26 mins left.. holy cow. Gaudreau standing on his head at times.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
How has Kooy been? will he be traded again?
He has been fine. Couple really good starts & 1or2 not so good starts. Sounds like he is injured right now unfortunately. My money would be on him being dealt tho

Reactions: LDN

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Let that one slip away! Team defense was a disaster & the PP really let us down in the 3rd.

Thought Gaudreau was excellent. Faced alot of high quality shots/chances. Perreault with another 2 Goals, He is on fire.

Would like to see Josling back with Rees & Roth. No idea why we messed with it to begin with.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Gaudreau was amazing, particularly in 2nd period when he stole 3 or 4 sure goals.
Bitten had an opportunity to make it 3-2 early in the 3rd with half a net to shoot at, and put it wide. Sorry gang, 3rd line hands playing on the 2nd line!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’m just wondering where this “aggressive” style of hockey is that Hatcher talked about?? It’s unreal how much time and space we give in our own end.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau was amazing, particularly in 2nd period when he stole 3 or 4 sure goals.
Bitten had an opportunity to make it 3-2 early in the 3rd with half a net to shoot at, and put it wide. Sorry gang, 3rd line hands playing on the 2nd line!
Bitten is a solid role player. Probably more suited on L3 but is fine on L2. That was a massive miss to take the lead tho.. Really unfortunate.

We have to start moving guys from in front of the net. There were 4or5 goals this weekend where are goalies had 0 chance on it because an opposing player is in Gaudreau's / Langevin's face with no one even trying to move them.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So clearly Hatcher is trying to get more than 2 lines scoring. Wouldn't mind~

Tabak-Rees-Roth
Perreault-McGregor-Josling
Guy-Bitten-Voit
Mack-Hill-Berka

X: O'Donnell, Saye, Burke.

Tabak did great in his one weekend W/Rees. Such a big body it's hard to move him & Rees can find him out front/backdoor.

Guy & Bitten should be able to dominate down low & Voit can be the set-up guy for them. 4th line has some legit speed W/Hill&Berka..

But what do i know lol.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Predictions Standings as of today.

Texcanuck - 15
Ferda11 - 15
Lazyboy - 13
StingUpdates - 13
The Howler - 13
Tone -12
robp1213 - 12
davewheeler - 5

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Predictions Standings as of today.

Texcanuck - 15
Ferda11 - 15
Lazyboy - 13
StingUpdates - 13
The Howler - 13
Tone -12
robp1213 - 12
davewheeler - 5
HaHa... managed to go 0-3 for the weekend after I flipped my Flint call to a Sting win. I honestly have no clue which Sting team will show up on any given night!
Thanks for doing this Ferda11 - it’s fun!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
HaHa... managed to go 0-3 for the weekend after I flipped my Flint call to a Sting win. I honestly have no clue which Sting team will show up on any given night!
Thanks for doing this Ferda11 - it’s fun!

lol, don't worry. You weren't the only one who went 0-3 this weekend! 4 of us did!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Matt Struthers dealt to Owen Sound. Another team that can no longer take one of are OAs.. I really don't see how we trade both of McGregor & Josling.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Hope I’m wrong but this is starting to feel like another one of those “sit tight” seasons to me (with the exception of unloading a goalie).
We are now sitting on Roth + other very mediocre 2000’s for next year’s OAs.
I just can’t figure out where it’s going!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hope I’m wrong but this is starting to feel like another one of those “sit tight” seasons to me (with the exception of unloading a goalie).
We are now sitting on Roth + other very mediocre 2000’s for next year’s OAs.
I just can’t figure out where it’s going!
Completely agree & we couldn't pick a worse thing to do than stand pat. This team isn't good enough defensively to win in the playoffs. And when you look at next year we don't have nearly the ammunition than LDN/WSR/FLT/KIT have to go for it.

We are set up to be just OK for back to back years then we lose Rees, Hjorth, Berka, Roth, Bitten, Jakovljevic + 3 of Guy/Langevin/Kammerer/Reesor/Tabak/Nolet

Then what are we left with when Perreault is 19 & Gaudreau is 18? Nothing. And that's when (hopefully) Gaudreau is among the league's elite in net. I'm a little worried if I'm being honest. We NEED to sell this year. Or we will be stuck in even more mediocrity for years to come.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Completely agree & we couldn't pick a worse thing to do than stand pat. This team isn't good enough defensively to win in the playoffs. And when you look at next year we don't have nearly the ammunition than LDN/WSR/FLT/KIT have to go for it.

We are set up to be just OK for back to back years then we lose Rees, Hjorth, Berka, Roth, Bitten, Jakovljevic + 3 of Guy/Langevin/Kammerer/Reesor/Tabak/Nolet

Then what are we left with when Perreault is 19 & Gaudreau is 18? Nothing. And that's when (hopefully) Gaudreau is among the league's elite in net. I'm a little worried if I'm being honest. We NEED to sell this year. Or we will be stuck in even more mediocrity for years to come.
Kooy I’ve been doing some thinking and I would make these trades

1: send Mcgregor Burke and Jako to peteburough for Avon Wilson and picks

2: Kooy and jostling to Oshawa for walker and tulio

3: Roth and hill and 1 or 2 3rds for cuyllie

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Kooy I’ve been doing some thinking and I would make these trades

1: send Mcgregor Burke and Jako to peteburough for Avon Wilson and picks

2: Kooy and jostling to Oshawa for walker and tulio

3: Roth and hill and 1 or 2 3rds for cuyllie

Absolutely zero chance Rock trades his kid to Sarnia when Oshawa is pushing to host the memorial cup next season. Not really feeling the other trades either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad