Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Tough week for picks; Saginaw is good, Niagara is hot and Erie is our 3rd in 3.
SARNIA 4 Saggy 3
NIAGARA 4 Sarnia 1
ERIE 4 Sarnia 2

Hoping it’s Langevin at home and in Erie.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Matt Struthers dealt to Owen Sound. Another team that can no longer take one of are OAs.. I really don't see how we trade both of McGregor & Josling.
Both are among the most desirable OA’s in the league so I’d expect there’d be no problem trading either one . For almost any team in the league both would be an upgrade on what they have .
Personally I’d like to see the Sting deal Kooy and either McGregor or Josling to Sudbury for a boatload of high picks .

Reactions: robp1219

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Both are among the most desirable OA’s in the league so I’d expect there’d be no problem trading either one . For almost any team in the league both would be an upgrade on what they have .
Personally I’d like to see the Sting deal Kooy and either McGregor or Josling to Sudbury for a boatload of high picks .

Couldn’t agree more.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Agreed but I feel that if this team wants to be a contender next year we need a really good 17 year old and I think cuyllie would be a good fit he’s off to a slow start and we should be able to get him a little cheeped

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Niagara should be pumped up on there Teddy Bear toss games if they don’t clutch their sticks to hard I predict a 4 to 1 win this game should sell out too.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Once again trying to be a bit optimistic on my pic's
Saginaw 4 Sting 5
Niagara 3 Sting 2
Erie 2 Sting 4

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Look around the league tho. Alot of the good teams have 3 solid OAs. Would they really wanna give up multiple picks for an ok upgrade? If i was them i wouldn't. I have confidence that if we do deal them we would get fair value I'm just honestly not sure where we could send them.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Look around the league tho. Alot of the good teams have 3 solid OAs. Would they really wanna give up multiple picks for an ok upgrade? If i was them i wouldn't. I have confidence that if we do deal them we would get fair value I'm just honestly not sure where we could send them.

The Wolves need both an OA upgrade and goaltending. If we can get picks or Murray or Phillips back it'd be worth it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The Wolves need both an OA upgrade and goaltending. If we can get picks or Murray or Phillips back it'd be worth it.
The Wolves have 3 OA Forwards & all 3 are pretty much point per game guys. Why would they give up multiple picks to barely get better @ Forward? They definitely need Kooy but his value can't be all that high right now..

Reactions: dirty12

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The Wolves have 3 OA Forwards & all 3 are pretty much point per game guys. Why would they give up multiple picks to barely get better @ Forward? They definitely need Kooy but his value can't be all that high right now..
Knights could definitely use an up grade on both their OA forwards.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

and all three are OHL career wolves, tough to trade those especially since they’ve endured since the start of the rebuild.
Imo, the wolves could really use a (healthy) Hatcher though. Kooy would be nice, but I’m not sure he’d appreciate another competition for starters role

Last edited:

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Its going to be a struggle to trade the OA's. I agree Sudbury probably out of the pic.Maybe Kooy. He sure hasnt proved himself as worth a lot of high picks. I think again its going to be a year where we r too late in deciding and asking to high of prices and we will be stuck with the O/A's with bare cupboards for picks and rookies not dressing because we have way too many forwards

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Its going to be a struggle to trade the OA's. I agree Sudbury probably out of the pic.Maybe Kooy. He sure hasnt proved himself as worth a lot of high picks. I think again its going to be a year where we r too late in deciding and asking to high of prices and we will be stuck with the O/A's with bare cupboards for picks and rookies not dressing because we have way too many forwards
It’s always going to be harder to trade OAs and imports, simply due to restrictions on numbers of each. What’s interesting this year is we have maybe the best trio of OAs I have ever seen (without doing a whole lot of backup research).
If we can’t get decent return on one or two of them, shame shame. We are hurt by what looks to be great parity in the west conference - no team obviously great, no team obviously bad. Therefore no team has really been able to decide if this is “the year” until a lot of games are in.
What amazes me is how Ottawa managed to be so good last year while carrying less than 3 OAs , allowing them to cherry-pick Maksimovich & Chiodo near the deadline, then THIS YEAR, they still had an open OA spot and were able to pick up Garreffa, who is arguably top 10 among this year’s OAs. Awesome GM work there. Of course they also had a gazillion early picks obtained in the Konecny trade from guess-who... but that’s how one begins to get oneself in a good position - by trading someone of TK’s caliber, no matter how much of a fan backlash it causes. We’d all go bonkers if Sinclair traded Rees or Perreault here, and neither one of them is an impact player to the level of Konecny.

Reactions: dirty12

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
It’s always going to be harder to trade OAs and imports, simply due to restrictions on numbers of each. What’s interesting this year is we have maybe the best trio of OAs I have ever seen (without doing a whole lot of backup research).
If we can’t get decent return on one or two of them, shame shame. We are hurt by what looks to be great parity in the west conference - no team obviously great, no team obviously bad. Therefore no team has really been able to decide if this is “the year” until a lot of games are in.
What amazes me is how Ottawa managed to be so good last year while carrying less than 3 OAs , allowing them to cherry-pick Maksimovich & Chiodo near the deadline, then THIS YEAR, they still had an open OA spot and were able to pick up Garreffa, who is arguably top 10 among this year’s OAs. Awesome GM work there. Of course they also had a gazillion early picks obtained in the Konecny trade from guess-who... but that’s how one begins to get oneself in a good position - by trading someone of TK’s caliber, no matter how much of a fan backlash it causes. We’d all go bonkers if Sinclair traded Rees or Perreault here, and neither one of them is an impact player to the level of Konecny.
Another trade I think that could be good for us is maybe to send Kooy and hill,saye, or Burke and and 2nd or 3rd to Oshawa for Noel he’s a guy that could give us a big boost this year and if he comes back next year we would have one of the best OAs in the league and if we wanted could get a few picks for if he comes back and if not we don’t give much of are future away I think just an idea

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Another trade I think that could be good for us is maybe to send Kooy and hill,saye, or Burke and and 2nd or 3rd to Oshawa for Noel he’s a guy that could give us a big boost this year and if he comes back next year we would have one of the best OAs in the league and if we wanted could get a few picks for if he comes back and if not we don’t give much of are future away I think just an idea
0% chance he comes back

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Feel like this is a pretty big weekend to tell you what we are. Saginaw is an upper tier team, Niagara is rebuilding & Erie is similar to us.

A good weekend would be a good sign, a bad weekend tells you we are most likely gonna be a bubble team, especially if we trade are OAs.

Hoping to see Langevin go twice this weekend. Give Gaudreau one of NIA/ER games.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Something that isn't brought up alot that is an issue is the lack of goal support from the bottom-6.. Total of 18 Goals from the B-6.

Tabak ~ 6 (2 came W/Rees..)
Guy ~ 5
Hill ~ 4
Mack ~ 3
Voit ~ 1
Berka ~ 1
O'Donnell ~ 0
Saye ~ 0
Butke ~ 0

On top of that on D
Hjorth ~ 5 (1G last 13 Games)
Hatcher ~ 3 (out indefinitely)
Dillingham ~ 2 (0 before last week)
Kammerer ~ 2 (0 goals since OCT. 14th)
Nolet ~ 1 (none in last 15)
Jakovljevic ~ 1 Career Goal
Mast ~ 0 in 26 games

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Something that isn't brought up alot that is an issue is the lack of goal support from the bottom-6.. Total of 18 Goals from the B-6.

Tabak ~ 6 (2 came W/Rees..)
Guy ~ 5
Hill ~ 4
Mack ~ 3
Voit ~ 1
Berka ~ 1
O'Donnell ~ 0
Saye ~ 0
Butke ~ 0

On top of that on D
Hjorth ~ 5 (1G last 13 Games)
Hatcher ~ 3 (out indefinitely)
Dillingham ~ 2 (0 before last week)
Kammerer ~ 2 (0 goals since OCT. 14th)
Nolet ~ 1 (none in last 15)
Jakovljevic ~ 1 Career Goal
Mast ~ 0 in 26 games

Not sure how you expect Berka,Voit,Saye and others to be in the scoring much when they are either sitting out or sitting on the bench. Tabak may not be lighting up with scoring but he has been one the best players nightly with his effort doing more than scoring and playing 3 rd line. Guy, Roth and Bitten are the ones that need to get it going. I agree about our D but what was you expecting.

Reactions: jp88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->