Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I feel that if the sting could trade Hjorth the would solve about 50% of are defensive problems it seems like every other odd man rush goal against us he the one getting caught he doesn’t hit he doesn’t clear guys from in front of the net and he thinks he can just join the play in the O zone every time and I’d say about 75% of the time he dose that he gets caught people keep saying he needs time to adjust but here we are 27 games in and it seems like he’s only getting worse no more excuses he has to be better or gone if this team wants a chance at playing good defence
I think sting fans are way to hard on Hjorth. As a rookie who didn't play at all last year he has 17 Points in 27 games. He is only -9 which on this team is fine lol. Last night it was actually Kammerer who got caught on multiple 2on1s leaving Hjorth by himself.

He is a puck moving Dman with a big shot. We've all known this since we took him & its exactly what he is. Ya he needs work in his own end but that takes time. Had we addressed the issue of the backend & he was playing 16-18 mins a night & running the PP he'd be great. Instead he's asked to play 20+ minutes vs other teams top lines.

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The worst defensive team i have ever seen. Like oh my god somone, anyone play defense.

Well tied after 2. See if they can take this one.. Berka has been good since returning to the lineup.

One of the worst officiated game i have seen this season. The guy RUNS Rees from behind & there is no call. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
How did that kid not get a major on that hit on rees?... and mcgregor penalty... weak, that guy had the puck and mcgregor rubbed him into the boards , the niagara guy actually grabbed mcgregors stick on the play so not sure what the f*** that was, finally stings final PP what was Perrault doing in the final seconds spinning in circles , guy at the point was waiting for a one timer for ever and Perreault spins 3 times and doesn’t get a shot on net.... frustrating on sooo many levels

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That McGregor penalty was so so so soft. Dude grabbed ahold of 19s stick & dove. Frustrating game to lose because they deserved a W tonight. That late PP was also really bad. Perreault was holding onto it to long.. see if we can salvage the weekend or if its a big donut.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hard to find bright spots but Berka chips in with another point. Has 3 Points since returning to the lineup. Beautiful shot top shelf. Love to see him in the top-9 over Mack..

Hjorth-Kammerer pair each get a goal & go +2. IMO McGregor's best game this year. 3 Assists, 6 shots & went 12/21 on Face-Offs.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Could have killed it off thou like the Icedogs did just before the penalty.
I was talking more of that castleman hit.... definitely deserved more than 2 mins on that... but now that you bring up the holding penalties... the ice dog player reached in on rees clearly a hold... mcgregor rubbing out a guy along the boards who has the puck? Not sure that’s a holding penalty... especially when the ice dog was for some reason holding mcgregors stick .... not sure why sarnia should have to kill a penalty they didn’t deserve?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It isn't a must win today vs Erie but I'd really like to see a good game from the guys.. Fell to last in the conference so a 0-3 weekend would be pretty brutal.

Assume Gaudreau starts, hopefully the guys play some half decent defense for him. To have scored 13 goals this weekend & to be 0-2 is pretty unbelievable.

Would love to see Berka rewarded & moved up into the top-9 but i would probably bet on him being sat over moved up in the lineup.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
It isn't a must win today vs Erie but I'd really like to see a good game from the guys.. Fell to last in the conference so a 0-3 weekend would be pretty brutal.

Assume Gaudreau starts, hopefully the guys play some half decent defense for him. To have scored 13 goals this weekend & to be 0-2 is pretty unbelievable.

Would love to see Berka rewarded & moved up into the top-9 but i would probably bet on him being sat over moved up in the lineup.

“Oh you scored a nice goal and played a great game? Just take a seat in the stands for this one” - Sting Coaching Staff to Berka.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I feel that if the sting could trade Hjorth the would solve about 50% of are defensive problems it seems like every other odd man rush goal against us he the one getting caught he doesn’t hit he doesn’t clear guys from in front of the net and he thinks he can just join the play in the O zone every time and I’d say about 75% of the time he dose that he gets caught people keep saying he needs time to adjust but here we are 27 games in and it seems like he’s only getting worse no more excuses he has to be better or gone if this team wants a chance at playing good defence

Dont Blame Hjorth,Mast has been nothing but a pilon the last 6 weeks. Lots of potential in Hjorth. I put a lot of this on the coaches.These dmen makes these same mistakes on the ice over and over.Talk to these players on the bench,While its fresh in their minds grab the board and review it with them AND if ur coaches know ur D is weak,u get the buy in from the forwards to pick up a man on the way back.We have lots of even strength plays but our forwards dont pick a man up making it a 3 on 2.

Must be time for them to sit Berka out,playing pretty good rookie hockey but lets sit him.Sorry,the west is too strong for us to make playoffs with our D,then get some ice time with Voit,Berka and Hill so they are ready for next year.Our top 6 are just bagged coming into the mid 3rd period.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
At this point I just hope Gaudreau and Langevin don't ask for a trade. Has to be maddening getting left hung out to dry as much as they do. High shots are one thing, throw in screens and open guys on the backdoor and it doesn't matter who's in net. Really feel for those lads. Wondering if that's why we have Kooy to share the pain?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
At this point I just hope Gaudreau and Langevin don't ask for a trade. Has to be maddening getting left hung out to dry as much as they do. High shots are one thing, throw in screens and open guys on the backdoor and it doesn't matter who's in net. Really feel for those lads. Wondering if that's why we have Kooy to share the pain?
Langevin has been really good for not showing frustration but he showed some last night. I can't even imagine being a goalie for this team. Every 3rd rush is an odd man rush, turnovers in high chance areas, guys left all alone backdoor/slot.. it's just bad to watch.

Gaudreau is going today & they better step up.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Add Guy to the injured list..
Hatcher, Reesor, Guy, Bitten, Kooy & Saye all hurt now.. Exact thing we didn't need to happen while struggling.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau is legitimately gonna face 60 shots today. This is utterly ridiculous. Kid is putting on a show. Could easily be 6-3 Erie.

Well a win is a win. Gaudreau was outstanding. Nice to see Burke score. Special teams were good. Rees was on fire, that SHG was big. Big week ahead to try & work on the defense..

Last edited:

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
Sarnia has the same problem as the Hounds. Goal tending. Yet both of you lead the league in GF and GA? I'm not trolling you guys. What's the deal with this team. The next level is unattainable. Is it coaching, ownership. I know Hatchers part owner.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Sarnia has the same problem as the Hounds. Goal tending. Yet both of you lead the league in GF and GA? I'm not trolling you guys. What's the deal with this team. The next level is unattainable. Is it coaching, ownership. I know Hatchers part owner.
Goal tending is definitely not our problem ..defence is our problem

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It isn't the goaltending for Sarnia. It's the atrocious team defense. Langevin & Gaudreau have been rock solid for at least a month now. But we give up a ridiculous amount of high quality chances. I'd bet money Sarnia leads the league in odd man rushes against.

massey

Sep 5, 2012

Agree with others.not goaltending.terrible defence

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Your way off base here. This is a defensive issue in Sarnia. Not goaltending. Not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->