Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Prediction Standings Points after 13 games:

1. Texcanuck - 10 pts
2. StingUpdates - 8 pts
2. Ferda11 - 8pts
3. The Howler - 7 pts
3. Lazybpy - 7 pts
4. robp1219 - 6 pts
5. Tone - 5 pts
5. davewheeler - 5 pts

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Man, the schedule is nasty this week too!!
Seems like CHL rated teams everywhere we look.
Anyway, this week’s guesses:
SARNIA 4 - Flint 3 in regulation
OWEN SOUND 6 - Sarnia 2.
OS has been really tough at home!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
6-3 Flint
6-2 Owen Sound.
2 really solid teams + no Perreault, Reesor, Kammerer, Gaudreau.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Really would like to see some package moved out with are extra forwards. I don't like Voit/Berka/O'Donnell sitting every other game. Even Burke/Saye to a lesser extent.

Maybe when they move Lamour or Myskiw they throw in one of those Fs (Burke/Saye) or Jako/Dillingham to possibly add an extra pick or make the deal for 6th/7th to a 4th/5th rounder.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Really would like to see some package moved out with are extra forwards. I don't like Voit/Berka/O'Donnell sitting every other game. Even Burke/Saye to a lesser extent.

Maybe when they move Lamour or Myskiw they throw in one of those Fs (Burke/Saye) or Jako/Dillingham to possibly add an extra pick or make the deal for 6th/7th to a 4th/5th rounder.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Weird attempt to reply (above). Second try...

I don’t think they will make any moves right now; too soon to tell if we’re buyers or sellers. May decide in December to unload some top guys for picks, creating more ice time for the players who are now scratched.
I really think it is what it is for the immediate future.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Sting dealt for Kooy, bit of an interesting deal for Sarnia, heard rumors that the Knights were looking to shopping him?

Any thoughts from the Sting fans on why they would pick up Kooy beyond the simple facts he wanted or was rumored to wanting a change of pace?

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Sarnia pulls off another brilliant move, Myskiw and a draft pick for Jordan Kooy. London was going to let this guy go...Sarnia say we will take him !

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
What is Sarnia doing with all these goalies;

Lamour 19
Kooy 19
Langevin 18
Gaudreau 16

I guess we will see Kooy and Langevin share the net until Gaudreau returns from the under 17 tournament. Then who moves Lamour and Langevin? Anyway good move by both teams. London gets the overage net minder they wanted and may of took some tension out of the room. Myskiw brings valuable experience to mentor a young 17 year old who already has been getting great time in the crease.

WJ

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What is Sarnia doing with all these goalies;

Lamour 19
Kooy 19
Langevin 18
Gaudreau 16

I guess we will see Kooy and Langevin share the net until Gaudreau returns from the under 17 tournament. Then who moves Lamour and Langevin? Anyway good move by both teams. London gets the overage net minder they wanted and may of took some tension out of the room. Myskiw brings valuable experience to mentor a young 17 year old who already has been getting great time in the crease.

WJ

Certainly a puzzle in Sting county??

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Kooy knocked Raaymakers out of a job last year, so he CAN be a top quality goalie.
Still, I’m not sure where this log jam of goalies is heading??:huh:

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It makes sense to me since London wanted a piece to help them win this year (which they got), and Sarnia now have a piece worth more futures than Miskiw was.

I really think the Sting will be looking to flip Kooy but we'll see.

Obviously I'd take him in Sudbury especially given our recent trade relationship.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I really think the Sting will be looking to flip Kooy but we'll see.

Obviously I'd take him in Sudbury especially given our recent trade relationship.

You’d think if someone was willing to pay up for Kooy, London would’ve traded him to them when they put him on the trading block two weeks ago

Reactions: Frank the Skank

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Could see a combo of Kooy and Langevin let Gaudreau work away in Jr B and call up on an emergency basis as needed? I don't know where that leaves Lamour. It's a puzzle for sure. I'm happy the Knights seemingly have their surprise goalie situation figured out though

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Kooy knocked Raaymakers out of a job last year, so he CAN be a top quality goalie.
Still, I’m not sure where this log jam of goalies is heading??:huh:
Incorrect. Kooy has faltered to take the starting reigns. Poor compete level and never seemed to come up with the key save. He’s got ability but without compete he’s not a goalie you typically can win with.

Reactions: TheCoach

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sinclair looks like a flat out genius on this one. Think about what teams like Sudbury, who are in search of a goalie would have had to pay in order to get Kooy. Guaranteed they were going to have to part with a few high round picks 100%. Sarnia gets him for a conditional 3rd?! Genius.

Sarnia has a lot of options that will work on their favour going forward with this move. They could very well trade Kooy and walk away with a few high rounds picks just from claiming a goalie off waivers. They could bring him in to help mentor Gaudreau and give this team an extra spark and confidence on the back end OR he could not even count as an OA next year if they change that rule like they’ve talked about for a while now.

Either way, Sarnia with a big win on this one. Well done.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
You’d think if someone was willing to pay up for Kooy, London would’ve traded him to them when they put him on the trading block two weeks ago

You need 2 teams to make a trade & players willing to wear that other jersey.Maybe Kooy put the kibosh on any potential deal that was in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad