Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
If the roster doesn't change before the 10th, I agree that there is a good chance of finishing 5th. No way could we catch Saginaw and I think Guelph is too far ahead to catch them. A month from now may be a big home and home to see who gets 4th however.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Nice game last night, your forward group is impressive and Sarnia's 1-3-1 passive defense gave SSM defenders all kinds of trouble on our breakout until we were finally able to adjust. I think with some tweaks to your defense you guys could have a chance to go a few rounds in the playoffs.
Who knew this team has the potential for Sarnia's longest playoff run ever.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
If the roster doesn't change before the 10th, I agree that there is a good chance of finishing 5th. No way could we catch Saginaw and I think Guelph is too far ahead to catch them. A month from now may be a big home and home to see who gets 4th however.
Look like Saginaw going after Tippett

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Saginaw picks up Tippett too. SELL SELL SELL.
Time to say adios to Eliot if Ottawa will take him!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Guelph upgrading too... we just don’t have enough back-end strength to complete, IMO.
Would do very well to sneak thru the first round, but that’s the most we could do.
Spend this year honing the skills of Langevin, Reesor, Hogue, Kammerer, for a push in 2 years. Any 1998 or 1999 should be expendable

Reactions: Sth2002

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
No Kammerer or jako for today’s game...sting going with 5 dman, I wonder if this means anything... they were both dressed yesterday and I don’t think there was a suspension or injury.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
No Kammerer or jako for today’s game...sting going with 5 dman, I wonder if this means anything... they were both dressed yesterday and I don’t think there was a suspension or injury.
Not guys I would have considered trade bait... not sure what’s up there?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not guys I would have considered trade bait... not sure what’s up there?
Me niether, I hope they aren’t trying to upgrade for an older defenceman with those two. I do find it odd how they are both out and are using only 5 defence tonight.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Making room for Dillingham-Morelli or Samuelsson, now that WJC is over...!!!
Just kidding

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Does anybody really think this team has any potential this year? Can’t beat Hamilton; can’t beat Erie... ridiculous!

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Guelph upgrading too... we just don’t have enough back-end strength to complete, IMO.
Would do very well to sneak thru the first round, but that’s the most we could do.
Spend this year honing the skills of Langevin, Reesor, Hogue, Kammerer, for a push in 2 years. Any 1998 or 1999 should be expendable

Any chance of that Sarnia will be trading Nick Grima? He would be a good fit in Peterborough. They need, in my opinion, one more veteran defenceman that will be an overage player next year.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Any chance of that Sarnia will be trading Nick Grima? He would be a good fit in Peterborough. They need, in my opinion, one more veteran defenceman that will be an overage player next year.
Definitely a player we’d move for some picks, so it’s definitely possible

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Does anybody really think this team has any potential this year? Can’t beat Hamilton; can’t beat Erie... ridiculous!

rainbow_notebook_1.jpg

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Very disappointing couple of games there. This bar for this team is second round. I still think they can win a round. I think it would be amazing for our young guys if we won a round, get that experience. Id die if we got one of those guys mentioned above too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad