Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Very disappointing couple of games there. This bar for this team is second round. I still think they can win a round. I think it would be amazing for our young guys if we won a round, get that experience. Id die if we got one of those guys mentioned above too.
Oh-oh... possible second passing in a week!!

i love hockey

Dec 30, 2018
Rees had a great game in Hamilton over the weekend and scored a beautiful goal.he is definately moving up the draft rankings in the NHL.Cant wait to watch him in the playoffs with his grinding style,sneaky speed and quick hands,plus strong on the puck.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Rees had a great game in Hamilton over the weekend and scored a beautiful goal.he is definately moving up the draft rankings in the NHL.Cant wait to watch him in the playoffs with his grinding style,sneaky speed and quick hands,plus strong on the puck.
he was ok in Hamilton. still no passing and led to goal in OT

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
he was ok in Hamilton. still no passing and led to goal in OT
He did the matador in OT. Ole’
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s gonna be excellent, but still has lots to work on. Ruzicka much better when Rees returned.

Reactions: dansk55

i love hockey

Dec 30, 2018
Sarnia looking good with a young nucleus of 2001 and 2000 players.the future bodes well for this team.Got to love the young guns reesor,hogue,kammerer,rees,guy,hill ,perreault ,jakovljevic and Langevin

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sarnia looking good with a young nucleus of 2001 and 2000 players.the future bodes well for this team.Got to love the young guns reesor,hogue,kammerer,rees,guy,hill ,perreault ,jakovljevic and Langevin
Hopefuly the staff can continue to develop those guys, and hopefuly they can bring in an American or two from those 01 or 02 draft classes to help

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sting look to be selling in final days

Attachments

• 18E8877F-3801-4E51-90D9-3B263A4F9B37.png
    18E8877F-3801-4E51-90D9-3B263A4F9B37.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 109

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Unfortunately Eliot has done little in the past week to improve his trade value, in my opinion. Bad, selfish penalties in the 3rd period of the latest home game and a terrible gaffe in OT in Erie to give up the game winner. Anybody scouting would not have been impressed
he signed with Vancouver... just has to finish out his time here or somewhere

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Unfortunately Eliot has done little in the past week to improve his trade value, in my opinion. Bad, selfish penalties in the 3rd period of the latest home game and a terrible gaffe in OT in Erie to give up the game winner. Anybody scouting would not have been impressed
I would never judge a 20 year old player on a couple mistakes which happen to every player in the world. Besides he does too much good then bad, and NHL scouts noticed That’s why he got signed.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I would never judge a 20 year old player on a couple mistakes which happen to every player in the world. Besides he does too much good then bad, and NHL scouts noticed That’s why he got signed.
Hey, he’s still our top D man. All I’m saying is that teams who are looking to shore up their blueline with an OA for a playoff run (read 67s) might pause for a moment if they had a man in the stands for these games. They weren’t Mitch’s best moments.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hey, he’s still our top D man. All I’m saying is that teams who are looking to shore up their blueline with an OA for a playoff run (read 67s) might pause for a moment if they had a man in the stands for these games. They weren’t Mitch’s best moments.
nope definitely not, but I’m sure other available defenceman have made some mistakes in the last week or two, and he’s one of the top OA defenceman available which if I was Ottawa I’d be looking to aquire an OA forward and defenceman

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Maksimovich to Ottawa - they won’t be looking to us for an OA forward...
will Sting make any deals? seems like the needs have been filled by most teams... I guess we are set already made three brilliant trades. I think tomorrow is the final day to ship OAs and Thursday noon for trades...

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
will Sting make any deals? seems like the needs have been filled by most teams... I guess we are set already made three brilliant trades. I think tomorrow is the final day to ship OAs and Thursday noon for trades...
You are correct on the deadlines. Bottom line is we don’t have any real studly high end WJC-type talent on this team. I’ve guessed for a month that Eliot to Ottawa was a possible move, and 67s have a boatload of picks from Konecny trade and others. They are still short one OA and IMO, it should be a defense man with the ability to QB the power play. That could be our 22, but I don’t know what other options are out there among the “sellers”. Time will tell.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
You are correct on the deadlines. Bottom line is we don’t have any real studly high end WJC-type talent on this team. I’ve guessed for a month that Eliot to Ottawa was a possible move, and 67s have a boatload of picks from Konecny trade and others. They are still short one OA and IMO, it should be a defense man with the ability to QB the power play. That could be our 22, but I don’t know what other options are out there among the “sellers”. Time will tell.

Ottawa should help a brother out & return some of those picks back to us. :laugh:

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Imagine ruzicka and eliot to Sudbury, the return would be nice

Not sure why the return would be nice. Ruzicka hasnt played that great,was silent in the WJC and Eliot has struggled of late.Guess it depends on your definition of nice.Doubt Eliot is involved.Hopefully it is a fair return,lots of trades in the OHL and I am sure the buyers are close to done.Went to London and Guelph game last night,with the Guelph trade picks overnight and if the team comes together,WOW they r going to be tough.Really interested what London does now.Love the trade deadline time

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not sure why the return would be nice. Ruzicka hasnt played that great,was silent in the WJC and Eliot has struggled of late.Guess it depends on your definition of nice.Doubt Eliot is involved.Hopefully it is a fair return,lots of trades in the OHL and I am sure the buyers are close to done.Went to London and Guelph game last night,with the Guelph trade picks overnight and if the team comes together,WOW they r going to be tough.Really interested what London does now.Love the trade deadline time
Well Eliot is top 8 in defence scoring, he’s strong defensively and can be physical, makes mistakes ya a few , do other junior players make mistake yep about 99 percent of them... Eliot should fetch almost as much salinitri did. And who cares what a player does in the WJC that’s not the OHL different style of play and higher competition. Look what ruzicka did last year and he’s a point per game this year without kyrou. The package of them together should bring back a decent return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad