Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
From my seat yesterday, it appeared that the ref who got nicked in the corner turned into a different person. Nice competitive game nearly ruined in the 3rd by a barrage of ticky tacky penalties (both ways) and a couple of badly missed calls. Slash by McCombs wouldn’t have broken an egg; slash by Regula was a swat at a waist-high puck that he may even have touched.
Hope Lamour comes out challenging shooters today!!! Would absolutely LOVE to sweep this one!

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Great game in front of a packed hive yesterday! It's nice to see a win finally when the crowd is at capacity. Couldn't of asked for a better game entertainment wise. Rees is unreal. For a small guy he is super strong on the puck and surprisingly hard to knock off it. Reminds me of Mitch Marner to be honest.

2 big wins to start the 2nd half. Let's hope for another good effort today. I'd expect London to return the favor today unfortunately.
Rees is unreal! With his skill, speed, hard work and tenacity he reminds me of Travis konecny the most.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hockey writers have Rees going in the 5th round for December. Can’t wait to see where they have him ranked in January. 2nd round?

Attachments

• 08B4DF31-CFF1-4892-9518-001CF4B744B2.png
    08B4DF31-CFF1-4892-9518-001CF4B744B2.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 14

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Rees is unreal! With his skill, speed, hard work and tenacity he reminds me of Travis konecny the most.
The 2001 born draft class may ultimately turn out to be the best draft class the Sting has ever produced led by Rees.In all my years of following the team I don't recall seeing so many 17 year olds show this much potential and who are competitive players at this stage of the game.
I believe that Langevin from the 01 group will turn out to be a very good goalie in this league but it's going to take a bit of time for that to happen. He is definitely a gamer , he just needs to continue to work on his skills. It may be a year or two yet before he becomes a high end goalie.

I also think Sting fans have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years especially since this group is augmented by Perreault from the 02 class ( he may also turn out to be one of the best draft picks the Sting have ever made ). Ive also been very impressed by Hill and from the little I've seen of Saye and Kennette. The 02 class may also turn out to be very good also.

This suggests to me that the team shouldn't take the amount of gambles dealing second round picks like they did last year (which are like gold in this league) and stick to drafting and developing. The occasional gamble is okay but emptying out the cupboard of high picks isn't a great idea. Especially for a team that looks like it finally knows how to draft and develop players after years n the wilderness.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The 2001 born draft class may ultimately turn out to be the best draft class the Sting has ever produced led by Rees.In all my years of following the team I don't recall seeing so many 17 year olds show this much potential and who are competitive players at this stage of the game.
I believe that Langevin from the 01 group will turn out to be a very good goalie in this league but it's going to take a bit of time for that to happen. He is definitely a gamer , he just needs to continue to work on his skills. It may be a year or two yet before he becomes a high end goalie.

I also think Sting fans have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years especially since this group is augmented by Perreault from the 02 class ( he may also turn out to be one of the best draft picks the Sting have ever made ). Ive also been very impressed by Hill and from the little I've seen of Saye and Kennette. The 02 class may also turn out to be very good also.

This suggests to me that the team shouldn't take the amount of gambles dealing second round picks like they did last year (which are like gold in this league) and stick to drafting and developing. The occasional gamble is okay but emptying out the cupboard of high picks isn't a great idea. Especially for a team that looks like it finally knows how to draft and develop players after years n the wilderness.
Completely agree... I do however think langevin can be a difference maker next year, he never gives up on picks and is a hard worker and is getting a lot of games and will get a lot more this year... guys like him and Rees working their ass off every minute of the game is what this team needs for playoffs. I haven’t seen burke or saye or kenette what are they like?

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Yanic and Jacob Perreault could be the first father son duo to win CHL rookie of the year awards. Would be cool to see

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Hatcher can't have left Hogue off the lineup tonight because of his comments in the paper could he have...?

Hogue's family members aren't impressed lol

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hatcher can't have left Hogue off the lineup tonight because of his comments in the paper could he have...?

Send the meatball packing, kid can’t play defence anyways, score would of been worse if he was out there.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Even though Lamour let 7 in, I thought he played well, made a lot of big saves and saved the ones he should of saved.. didn’t have much of a chance on most of the goals he let in. I think they should play him against weaker teams to get his confidence back and get him on abit of a roll.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
If this was even 25% true, Nick should be fired on the spot. If we wouldn't trade him last year, no reason to trade him this year. This team should be a great team in 2 seasons and he will be a big reason why. He will not be traded. Unless there is something going on off the ice with him.
that would add to long list of poor trådes. only knock against Rees is his i can do it all myself attitude. When he learns to pass, and he will, i think he will be a good player.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Any realignment in the OHL won't include the West Division. There is really no alternative for the Michigan teams and Sault Ste. Marie, who already has the worst travel schedule in the league by far.[/QUOTE

Too bad they couldn't schedule a teams furthest opponent early or later on in the season.Too avoid bad weather.

Reactions: Fischhaber

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Rees better quit yipping and trying to pick fights with Moskal and Tymkin or he will require new chicklets. Sarnia to me has some talented players but are poorly coached. Two bench minors today were embarrassing. There are times I think Hatcher post concussion syndrome because he isn’t the sharpest pencil in the case.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Rees better quit yipping and trying to pick fights with Moskal and Tymkin or he will require new chicklets. Sarnia to me has some talented players but are poorly coached. Two bench minors today were embarrassing. There are times I think Hatcher post concussion syndrome because he isn’t the sharpest pencil in the case.
London fans show soooo much class (Low)

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Just like Hatcher Did to dunkley? Why didn’t lockLey fight Jako after he knees rees? That’s right scaredddd

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
From my seat yesterday, it appeared that the ref who got nicked in the corner turned into a different person. Nice competitive game nearly ruined in the 3rd by a barrage of ticky tacky penalties (both ways) and a couple of badly missed calls. Slash by McCombs wouldn’t have broken an egg; slash by Regula was a swat at a waist-high puck that he may even have touched.
Hope Lamour comes out challenging shooters today!!! Would absolutely LOVE to sweep this one!
McCoombs got away with a couple of slashes... the reason he slashed the guy was because he stopped skating

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX

Yesterday's coaching performance was definitely not one of Hatcher/ Legwand 's finest hours with the 2 bench penalties and the boneheaded mistake forgetting to put Hogue on the gamesheet. Hogue has good reason to be pissed but the relatives should be staying the hell off of social media and keeping their traps shut about it. If they think they are advancing the kid's status on the team by whining about it they are sorely mistaken. If this continues you have to wonder how long he will be with the team.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Yesterday's coaching performance was definitely not one of Hatcher/ Legwand 's finest hours with the 2 bench penalties and the boneheaded mistake forgetting to put Hogue on the gamesheet. Hogue has good reason to be pissed but the relatives should be staying the hell off of social media and keeping their traps shut about it. If they think they are advancing the kid's status on the team by whining about it they are sorely mistaken. If this continues you have to wonder how long he will be with the team.
Id bet my life Hatcher or Legwand do not fill out the game sheet.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
4 of 6 points since the break, against teams higher than us in the standings. I’ll take that any day.
The Soo in a couple of days, likely with their best 2 players away. Another opportunity to close in on the 4/5 seed in the conference. Let’s do it!

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Id bet my life Hatcher or Legwand do not fill out the game sheet.
but they sign it... the buck stops with them. As for Hogue's followers, coaching mistakes happen. They can say whatever they want. It is not the first time someone was left off. if he was great they would not forget him. His absence did not cost Sarnia the game. An average skater at best. Kingston would love him.

Reactions: jwalk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad