Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I know its very early in his career but i don't see him ranked for his NHL draft year. Usually guys liks Bob Mackenzie have these kids ranked a few years before their draft.
Ya I wouldn’t look too into that, these kids have only played 30 games in the chl... most of those rankings were from what they did in AAA and how high they were drafted into the O And Perrault is ahead of all the ohl prospects in scoring and he’s got one of the best shots I’ve seen in a sting uniform and he’s only 16... kid is a pure sniper and a 1st round pick next year I’m sure all the scouts will be in sarnia the rest of the year for rees and to look at him before his draft year.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Ya I wouldn’t look too into that, these kids have only played 30 games in the chl... most of those rankings were from what they did in AAA and how high they were drafted into the O And Perrault is ahead of all the ohl prospects in scoring and he’s got one of the best shots I’ve seen in a sting uniform and he’s only 16... kid is a pure sniper and a 1st round pick next year I’m sure all the scouts will be in sarnia the rest of the year for rees and to look at him before his draft year.

His draft year is 2020 & i found someone ranking them already on this forum

Never too early 2020 NHL mock draft

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I have no idea why that keeps happening when I try and post the link .... just search sports net top 10 16 year olds or something

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yes I have also seen him ranked... all I’m saying is a guy leading the ohl rookies in points will be ranked

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He was third in CHL rookies in this article and at that time he was below a ppg now he is above a ppg and his plus minus is also much higher, and he has past byfield in points who was ranked 2nd in this article

Attachments

• 3EBEF974-F424-4841-AE13-6971C381EE3B.png
    3EBEF974-F424-4841-AE13-6971C381EE3B.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: The Howler

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Leaf fan here. Noticed that McGregor is now above a point per game, top 20 in scoring, and number 1 in face offs taken. The really interesting thing to me is the 36 non- power play points (only two less than Morgan Frost). That level of non-pp scoring is normally reserved for the leagues elite (and normally comes with high end PP play).

What's your opinion on McGregor, and which do you think is more indicative of his ability, the high end evens/sh scoring or the non existent PP?

I've always loved his motor and two way play, and with this seasons offence he seems like a legitimate prospect, but still that missing piece on the PP.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Leaf fan here. Noticed that McGregor is now above a point per game, top 20 in scoring, and number 1 in face offs taken. The really interesting thing to me is the 36 non- power play points (only two less than Morgan Frost). That level of non-pp scoring is normally reserved for the leagues elite (and normally comes with high end PP play).

What's your opinion on McGregor, and which do you think is more indicative of his ability, the high end evens/sh scoring or the non existent PP?

I've always loved his motor and two way play, and with this seasons offence he seems like a legitimate prospect, but still that missing piece on the PP.
He’s good on the draws, very smart defensively both 5 on 5 and on the pk. Works really hard every shift. He just needs to get heavier and stronger which I think will come with age. I believe if he can grow into his frame and get heavier/stronger he will be a more powerful skater, stronger on the puck, and have a heavier shot, he’s just a toothpick at this point which holds him back abit. I think he should come back to junior in his OA year to dominate on the offensive side of the puck before moving on to pro, because on the defensive side of it he’s pro ready. That’s my personal opinion of him but I’m sure other fans may see it differently

Reactions: The Howler

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Looks like a sellout for Sunday. Sweet!!
The place should be rocking. Hope the team comes out firing on all cylinders.
I really believe they can win both vs London

I don't see the Sting beating the Knights after the trade deadline,so now is as good a time as any to hopefully win some games.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Couldn't agree more with this.... Sarnia is in the worst division ever. Fling and Saginaw are brutal home games

Any realignment in the OHL won't include the West Division. There is really no alternative for the Michigan teams and Sault Ste. Marie, who already has the worst travel schedule in the league by far.

Reactions: davewheeler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Any realignment in the OHL won't include the West Division. There is really no alternative for the Michigan teams and Sault Ste. Marie, who already has the worst travel schedule in the league by far.
yeah I feel bad for the Soo. Would love to see Sarnia's division changed but you're right, it won't because of the Soo.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Great game in front of a packed hive yesterday! It's nice to see a win finally when the crowd is at capacity. Couldn't of asked for a better game entertainment wise. Rees is unreal. For a small guy he is super strong on the puck and surprisingly hard to knock off it. Reminds me of Mitch Marner to be honest.

2 big wins to start the 2nd half. Let's hope for another good effort today. I'd expect London to return the favor today unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad