Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
On another note, Sali with his 3rd hat trick today since joining Oshawa. Appears he’s thriving in the new environment. Congrats to him!

Reactions: dansk55

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Can someone explain why Sarnia Anthony Salinitri got traded? He has been absolutely a great player for the General's :thumbu:

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Hatcher signed off on the game sheet
Yah I know he's gotta sign it but I highly doubt he looks it over for corrections. I bet some guy brings it to him and he scribbles his name on it without a second look. Ive seen other people sign the game sheet for coaches. I wouldn't say its a coaching mistake ... more of a preparation error like showing up late or something. Definitely not Hatchers fault.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Yah I know he's gotta sign it but I highly doubt he looks it over for corrections. I bet some guy brings it to him and he scribbles his name on it without a second look. Ive seen other people sign the game sheet for coaches. I wouldn't say its a coaching mistake ... more of a preparation error like showing up late or something. Definitely not Hatchers fault.

Truck shows up on the dock with 500,000 cotton balls.. should have been 500... receiver signs for it anyway it's the receivers fault. Coaches name is on the lineup hes to blame

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Surely there’s some way this game sheet thing can be pinned on Hughes (or the ghost of Hughes). He’s been the scapegoat for pretty much everything that’s gone wrong so far this season...

Reactions: dansk55

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Truck shows up on the dock with 500,000 cotton balls.. should have been 500... receiver signs for it anyway it's the receivers fault. Coaches name is on the lineup hes to blame
Lol this is not even close to the same situation. I bet its someones job to fill out the game sheet right. Not everything is the coaches fault.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
It would also be the company's fault for delivering 500,000 cotton balls rather than 500. IF Fed Ex sends a package to the wrong address and the person doesn't notice it was sent to the wrong address, who's fault is it? Fed Ex? or the person who's house it got sent to who didn't notice it.. Its not hatchers job to fill out the game sheet. It is his fault for having someone who can't fill it out properly.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
It would also be the company's fault for delivering 500,000 cotton balls rather than 500. IF Fed Ex sends a package to the wrong address and the person doesn't notice it was sent to the wrong address, who's fault is it? Fed Ex? or the person who's house it got sent to who didn't notice it.. Its not hatchers job to fill out the game sheet. It is his fault for having someone who can't fill it out properly.

If you sign a contract ( cell phone, car loan , mortgage) that's on you.. your names on it... if you later don't like the terms you can't pin it on the bank.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Who cares about who is at fault...Hogue's presence in that game is irreverent just like his production in a Sting uniform so far. His family needs to keep their mouth shut on social media before they bury the kid even deeper down the line up or scratch him.

As far has Hatcher behind the bench...I know I'd get bench minors all the time with the comedic officiating in this league. That being said, he's got to learn to just shut up and coach.

Reactions: robp1219

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
If you sign a contract ( cell phone, car loan , mortgage) that's on you.. your names on it... if you later don't like the terms you can't pin it on the bank.
You're comparing a game sheet to a mortgage contract.... definitely not the same thing but ok Otto.

Reactions: Tarantula

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Who cares about who is at fault...Hogue's presence in that game is irreverent just like his production in a Sting uniform so far. His family needs to keep their mouth shut on social media before they bury the kid even deeper down the line up or scratch him.

As far has Hatcher behind the bench...I know I'd get bench minors all the time with the comedic officiating in this league. That being said, he's got to learn to just shut up and coach.

IMO, Hogue has looked good since being moved back to his regular position. He's not a 1/2 Dman by any means, but he is a solid 5/6 Dman for the Sting right now. And he is still has his 5 game point streak going for him too with "someone's" screw up.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Disclaimer - I know London and Soo were missing guy's but we went to OT with the soo, arguably should have won and went 1-1 in 2 games vs London, the top 2 teams in the west. Someone convince me Sarnia isn't the 3rd best team in the West ... I think we can handle Saginaw,Guelph and OS in the playoffs. If we can climb in the standings and get to a point where we avoid London in the Second round. I think we can handle the Soo too.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Disclaimer - I know London and Soo were missing guy's but we went to OT with the soo, arguably should have won and went 1-1 in 2 games vs London, the top 2 teams in the west. Someone convince me Sarnia isn't the 3rd best team in the West ... I think we can handle Saginaw,Guelph and OS in the playoffs. If we can climb in the standings and get to a point where we avoid London in the Second round. I think we can handle the Soo too.
Saginaw will be better, they are loading up abit

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Finish 5th. Id take Sarnia over any of those teams who finish 4th, unless we sell everyone.
I’m saying we finish 5th because we aren’t catching the soo or knights, Saginaw is loading up which we won’t and shouldn’t do so the odds are we won’t catch them, and we have some ground to make up to catch Guelph.. Owen sound we can catch. That’s why a 5th place finish is where I project them to finish, which is decent spot to head into playoffs and also keeps you in good drafting position..but yes I think sarnia can take most team in the conference. Except London

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nice game last night, your forward group is impressive and Sarnia's 1-3-1 passive defense gave SSM defenders all kinds of trouble on our breakout until we were finally able to adjust. I think with some tweaks to your defense you guys could have a chance to go a few rounds in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad